Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A place downunder - where are they all now?

A place downunder - where are they all now?

Old May 18th 2007, 3:44 pm
Account Closed

mick and beck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A place downunder - where are they all now?

Originally Posted by mattyuk
what and where is the update forum? soz quite new to this site...
cheers
matt
Hi Matt,

The update forum is a sub forum, you'll see it at the top of the main oz discussion page with other forums like the barbie, meet ups and immigration.
People who've been in oz for a while just post to say how they are getting on, really good to read as you can pick up hints and tips off them. Beck
Old May 18th 2007, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Hi
I agree with you - that Russell woman was vile and horrible - i think he had a very lucky escape - her and her kids were ignorant and arrogant - i was hoping she'd got deported coz it seemed she only used him to get over there - hopefully he (was he called Michael) will be with someone who treats him at lot better than they did - now that wouldnt be very hard would it.
Sam
You don't know half of it. Don't be fooled into thinking you know these people or the true story. The real story of the Russells was nothing like that portrayed - frankly she was lucky to be rid of him.

I wish her well - glad she's still here and happy now.
Old May 18th 2007, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmyjc1
The singletons are in Oxenford all good
Which ones were these?
Old May 18th 2007, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
Which ones were these?
Lorraine, the one with the 4th husband and 2 kids. They've all got their citizenship now.
Old May 18th 2007, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

Originally Posted by NickyC
You don't know half of it. Don't be fooled into thinking you know these people or the true story. The real story of the Russells was nothing like that portrayed - frankly she was lucky to be rid of him.

I wish her well - glad she's still here and happy now.
so tell us?
Old May 18th 2007, 5:31 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bonnybute
so tell us?
I seem to recall reading somewhere that he was allegedly having an affair whilst the show was being filmed
Old May 18th 2007, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

Originally Posted by herrchook
I seem to recall reading somewhere that he was allegedly having an affair whilst the show was being filmed
Yeah, but my point is, the family would not have been aware of this at the time of filming..... and you can see clearly Micheal, being treated like scum, and it wasn't pretty to watch, it was vile.... and it did them, themselves, no favours, it made them appear like real nasty people......

a real shame, because her parents, looked like such lovely people, but the daughter, I'm speechless, and lost for words to describe that girl's behaviour.

and how could anyone on here 'know' he was having an affair, when watching, did the producers issue a statement??? no..

so.. we cannot be blamed, for creating an impression on the basis of what we were shown on the tv show.. can we?

Last edited by Bonnybute; May 18th 2007 at 5:41 pm. Reason: spelling
Old May 18th 2007, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by curly
Lorraine, the one with the 4th husband and 2 kids. They've all got their citizenship now.
Yes thats right
Old May 18th 2007, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by emmyjc1
Yes thats right
that's great, I loved her, she was so warm, and giving, and landed her dream job didn't she
Old May 18th 2007, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

that's great, I loved her, she was so warm, and giving, and landed her dream job didn't she
Yes she still there according to my mum!
Old May 18th 2007, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

The singletons, She's soo nice, very streetwise family... The son is a really nice caring lad and the daughter is like most girls her age.. good family.. only on the 5th episode here so early days, didnt see it on sky...???

I think Michael looked a right tit, the g/friend, daughter and son were a bit of a nightmare, but didnt deserve that.!

Vorsters, fantastic family again, glad he's now happy, the kids defo look happy...

As for the family in perth, the mom, Just Flippin go home!!!! Why come to Oz just to slag it off contantly, how common!!!

Well thats my opinion anyway........... S-j x
Old May 18th 2007, 7:20 pm
is the donut hole

fnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud of

Yeah, but my point is, the family would not have been aware of this at the time of filming..... and you can see clearly Micheal, being treated like scum, and it wasn't pretty to watch, it was vile.... and it did them, themselves, no favours, it made them appear like real nasty people......
I had always felt there was something not quite right about the relationship as presented. Something suggested he was a bit "passive-aggressive". But who really knows; TV can be edited in all manner of ways to make the good guys look bad and vice versa.

Here's Rachel's side of the story which appears to suggest they were aware of his affair and it wasn't the first.
Old May 18th 2007, 11:17 pm
Des
Des

Des is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really nice

Originally Posted by fnord
I had always felt there was something not quite right about the relationship as presented. Something suggested he was a bit "passive-aggressive". But who really knows; TV can be edited in all manner of ways to make the good guys look bad and vice versa.

Here's Rachel's side of the story which appears to suggest they were aware of his affair and it wasn't the first.
Thanks for that rachels story it gives a good insight into the programme
Old May 19th 2007, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Des
Thanks for that rachels story it gives a good insight into the programme
Very interesting. It would be nice if the BBC had a website dedicated to them for reg updates and general info on moving to oz.
Old May 19th 2007, 12:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Remember all these families had their experiences heavily edited to portray them as the TV producers requires, in other words to make good TV.
As you can see from threads about other programmes the reality is often completely different from that portrayed in series.

Last edited by Pollyana; May 19th 2007 at 12:26 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.