Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ping pong pomes that cant settle!

ping pong pomes that cant settle!

Old Jan 3rd 2011, 11:54 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: ping pong pomes that cant settle!

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
If I consider the last six months of weather I have experienced since I moved to Australia and compare it to the UK, I can categorically state that I find the UK weather better. It seems to be more predictable and it simply does not have the frequent and heavy rainfall that I have experienced here.
This year does seem a tad bad... especially up here: "Brisbane was hit by a deluge of rain overnight, recording its highest 24-hour rainfall for an August day since 1887."
And since August it got Worse

I used to think that Australian weather was much more predictable, but recently I have just given up thinking about the weather here..

We have had someone staying with us for the last 9 months, and they are not exactly amused by the weather.

Old Jan 3rd 2011, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Davesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Have you seen the forecast for Perth lately? In the 30's with extreme UV index. Or the forecast for Qld? http://www.bom.gov.au/qld/

Why are they struggling to find things to do? Are there no indoor arenas where they could swim or play sport indoors when the weather outside is shit?
Yes but they're packed . There in't the option here of going down to the beach, jumping in the pool or choosing a quiet park to kick a ball around in the same way as there is in Aus . I'm talking about Perth here who's weather is pretty predictable most of the year - DRY . Only this morning we took a bike ride as there was a break in the snow / rain ( no cycle paths ) and almost turned round after 5 minutes through frost bite.

I think some of you middle aged house wives sitting in the air con or by the pool with your glass of Jacobs need to take a reality check about the UK at the moment - it's in a right hole - don't even get started on the economy ( petrol is about to go up to 1.40 ! ) and trades ( mine included ) are being undercut by workers who will work for peanuts .

Everyone is different that's why there are so many threads on the subject , its about what you want from life . For us ( at least 3 of us ) I have no doubt that I know where best place to live as a family, long term is and this is through recent experience of living in both places as a ping ponger ... and as citizens of both , we are lucky to have a choice
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Davesax
Yes but they're packed . There in't the option here of going down to the beach, jumping in the pool or choosing a quiet park to kick a ball around in the same way as there is in Aus . I'm talking about Perth here who's weather is pretty predictable most of the year - DRY . Only this morning we took a bike ride as there was a break in the snow / rain ( no cycle paths ) and almost turned round after 5 minutes through frost bite.

I think some of you middle aged house wives sitting in the air con or by the pool with your glass of Jacobs need to take a reality check about the UK at the moment - it's in a right hole - don't even get started on the economy ( petrol is about to go up to 1.40 ! ) and trades ( mine included ) are being undercut by workers who will work for peanuts .

Everyone is different that's why there are so many threads on the subject , its about what you want from life . For us ( at least 3 of us ) I have no doubt that I know where best place to live as a family, long term is and this is through recent experience of living in both places as a ping ponger ... and as citizens of both , we are lucky to have a choice
Us middle aged ladies dont drink Jacobs by the pool,we sip on Moet.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 4:32 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

Rolling around on the floor, p!ssing myself laughing.!

I could, would love to meet some of these BORED middle aged house wives sitting in the air con or by the pool with your glass of Jacobs, great stuff!

Keith Happy
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 9:03 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I think some of you middle aged house wives
Sorry, darling but I'm not a middle aged housewife. Middle aged maybe, but I work full time and at the moment am sole breadwinner in my house. Oh, and I rarely drink, so am not sitting drinking Jacobs or anything else.

Perhaps you rose-tinted 30 somethings need to take a reality check. Australia is a western country with its inherent problems, just like any other.

I'll look forward to your posts in the MBTTUK forum again next year.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 9:11 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, darling but I'm not a middle aged housewife. Middle aged maybe, but I work full time and at the moment am sole breadwinner in my house. Oh, and I rarely drink, so am not sitting drinking Jacobs or anything else.

Perhaps you rose-tinted 30 somethings need to take a reality check. Australia is a western country with its inherent problems, just like any other.

Agree Dorothy, I am middle aged too and single and have to work 6 days a week full time to keep my head above water. It's not all beer and skittles downunder.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I assume that was meant to be an insult? Why have you resorted to insulting people?

What on earth is jacobs?

From what your OH said earlier, sounds like you are the only housewife on this thread anyway.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 9:13 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

I believe your partner said one child didn't want to live in Australia nor does she, so that would make 2 of you by my calculation.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 9:16 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Perception is a wonderful thing isn't it?

You are more likely to be murdered, raped, burgled and have your car nicked in Australia than you are in the UK.

For those who don't believe me....

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...ies-per-capita
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 10:52 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Us middle aged ladies dont drink Jacobs by the pool,we sip on Moet.
Sip on Moet? I bathe in the stuff, my swimming pool (clam shell paddling pool/sandpit actuayy) is filled with Moet. Jacobs is purely for common people.

I dont really work a 40 hour week to pay my mortgage, I lounge around my house and make sure my nails are perfectly manicured, that my minge is perfectly waxed and my hair always immaculate.

And when I am not doing that, I am running round the house naked chasing my husband for sex with my titties bouncing around like a football.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 12:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

If I consider the last six months of weather I have experienced since I moved to Australia and compare it to the UK, I can categorically state that I find the UK weather better. It seems to be more predictable and it simply does not have the frequent and heavy rainfall that I have experienced here.
Agreed if you consider the last 6 months. But it is an unusually wet year and not the average weather by any stretch. In Brisbane this year we have had rain on almost 50% more days than average. Been wettest year for 35 years or so... probably not the best one to judge on as well off the averages.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

As the other ladies on here have said, I know no one here who would drink Jacobs. It might be heavily advertised and available in the UK, but would be considered a joke here.

Anyway, it's too hot and UV-dangerous to sit around the pool. You can have just as much an outdoors and sporty life in the UK as here. Perhaps you need to try somewhere else in the UK to live. The cost of living here has got ridiculous.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Sip on Moet? I bathe in the stuff, my swimming pool (clam shell paddling pool/sandpit actuayy) is filled with Moet. Jacobs is purely for common people.

I dont really work a 40 hour week to pay my mortgage, I lounge around my house and make sure my nails are perfectly manicured, that my minge is perfectly waxed and my hair always immaculate.

And when I am not doing that, I am running round the house naked chasing my husband for sex with my titties bouncing around like a football.
I'm forwarding this to my wife, as a hint
Old Jan 4th 2011, 3:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
Agreed if you consider the last 6 months. But it is an unusually wet year and not the average weather by any stretch. In Brisbane this year we have had rain on almost 50% more days than average. Been wettest year for 35 years or so... probably not the best one to judge on as well off the averages.
But I have only been here for six months so it is all I have to compare to.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 3:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

But I have only been here for six months so it is all I have to compare to.
Have you always had this great timing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.