Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Photos of Xmas decorations anyone

Photos of Xmas decorations anyone

Old Dec 10th 2003, 11:58 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DianeOZ
I saw an advert on telly saying there was a $12K prize for the best decorated/lit house in WA..

Where are those fairy lights.

Di
Anything for decorated vans?
Old Dec 11th 2003, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Donna whitfords has the xmas carols singing out , i find myself walking along and humming , oh god how sad
Jane hope you werent driving when you took that picture anyone going to the pagent on saturday ?
Joanne
Old Dec 11th 2003, 12:31 am
Good to be back in UK

Originally posted by jopaulss
Donna whitfords has the xmas carols singing out , i find myself walking along and humming , oh god how sad
Jane hope you werent driving when you took that picture anyone going to the pagent on saturday ?
Joanne
I don't think I have seen a whitfords, but could be worth a trip just for the xmas carols. We are thinking of going to the pageant on saturday, we move from apartment to temp house that day, so all being well, we don't have much stuff I can drag Chris there
Old Dec 11th 2003, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Donna , we missed the pagent last year to busy , im working till 5.30 but kids want to go whitfords is in hillarys i wouldnt bother coming all the way up honest they arent that good you think the city would be playing xmas songs though wouldnt you
Old Dec 11th 2003, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

annalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant future

Slightly going off the subject here but I can't even find a Christmas tree in Geraldton - fake or real - I must be missing somewhere but the only thing I can find at the moment is a dodgy looking fiberoptic one in WA salvage - guaranteed to bring on an epileptic fit.

All I want is a good ol fashioned 400 piece plastic tree so that I can do the ritual three hour assembly stint accompanied by several cans of beer, 14 packets of mince pies and the Christmas album on loop. Being a typical Auzzie my husbbie suggested decorating a palm out the front - he so does not understand!

(Oddly - they don’t seem to sell thatspray on snow stuff either!)

Old Dec 11th 2003, 8:16 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by jopaulss
Joanne

We are going on Saturday!!! Taking some chairs and sitting by the side of the road from 5pm to wait for it to start at 7pm!!! No seriously we are going but not sure what time to get there? Any ideas?

An Aussie friend of mine is going that early though, she says to get a good view!!
Old Dec 11th 2003, 9:13 am
owieb

Originally posted by janeyray

We are going on Saturday!!! Taking some chairs and sitting by the side of the road from 5pm to wait for it to start at 7pm!!! No seriously we are going but not sure what time to get there? Any ideas?

An Aussie friend of mine is going that early though, she says to get a good view!!
I rocked up about 6:45pm last year and got a view no problem.

Old Dec 11th 2003, 10:54 am
Good to be back in UK

Originally posted by annalooby
Slightly going off the subject here but I can't even find a Christmas tree in Geraldton - fake or real - I must be missing somewhere but the only thing I can find at the moment is a dodgy looking fiberoptic one in WA salvage - guaranteed to bring on an epileptic fit.

All I want is a good ol fashioned 400 piece plastic tree so that I can do the ritual three hour assembly stint accompanied by several cans of beer, 14 packets of mince pies and the Christmas album on loop. Being a typical Auzzie my husbbie suggested decorating a palm out the front - he so does not understand!

(Oddly - they don’t seem to sell thatspray on snow stuff either!)

(WA Salvage - we're not fancy but we're cheap) Actually there not always that cheap it pays to shop around.

I have seen sign in Mends Street, South Perth for Xmas trees, not seen any trees but two lads sat in a gazebo, with a clipboard. I guess they are taking deposits. I have seen trees in other peoples houses, don't know if they are real or not. Instead of continued rambling I found this link

real trees in perth - http://members.iinet.net.au/~joan/

Maybe others who have been here longer can help. Or ask at your local florist or knock on the door of someone who has one in their lounge

Don't you get a tree with your chrisco hamper