Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Photographer for Canadian Application

Photographer for Canadian Application

Old Oct 15th 2017, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice
Default Photographer for Canadian Application

Hi

I am applying for Visa to Canada.

as part of the requirements, they asked for special photo specs, which is very diffrenet from Australia standard photos

Permanent resident photos

I have been looking for photographer near Craigieburn Victoria that can do this but non of that I called do headshots, all they do is events photography (like weddings)

Anyone know where I can find such photographer?

Thanks
Old Oct 15th 2017, 2:19 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Photographer for Canadian Application

Two possible approaches.

1) Try those post office passport photo types. I heard at least once them ask "who is it for", so in theory they should be able to deliver to spec.

2) Take the photo yourself. Adjust to size, spec, etc. in a photo package and print out at a high resolution on one of those machines in KMart from the file. I know they say "no editing or changing", but they shouldn't be so picky if they want a film camera, and how are they going to tell if it's printed on 'print stock'?
Old Oct 15th 2017, 3:20 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Two possible approaches.

1) Try those post office passport photo types. I heard at least once them ask "who is it for", so in theory they should be able to deliver to spec.

2) Take the photo yourself. Adjust to size, spec, etc. in a photo package and print out at a high resolution on one of those machines in KMart from the file. I know they say "no editing or changing", but they shouldn't be so picky if they want a film camera, and how are they going to tell if it's printed on 'print stock'?

Erm.. nope
Your photos must be:
Taken by a commercial photographer.
50 mm wide X 70 mm high (2 inches wide x 2- 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm (1- 1/4 inches) and 36 mm (1- 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head).
Clear, sharp and in focus.
Taken with a neutral facial expression (eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no smiling).
Taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections.
Taken straight on, with face and shoulders centred and squared to the camera (i.e. the photographs must show the full front view of the person’s head and shoulders, showing full face centred in the middle of the photograph).
Taken in front of a plain white background with a clear difference between your face and the background. Photos must reflect/represent natural skin tones.
Original photos that are not altered in any way or taken from an existing photo.
What is an altered photo?
Reflect your current appearance (taken within the last six months)
Professionally printed on plain, high quality photographic paper (photos printed at home and photos printed on heavy weight paper are not acceptable)
Old Oct 15th 2017, 4:23 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Erm.. nope
Your photos must be:
Taken by a commercial photographer.
Well, plenty of references to people doing it themselves - hardly surprising really...

Anyway, if you want to get someone to do it, Officeworks offer a passport photo service, and they claim to use an "ID Station" machine, which in turn claims to do Canada compliant images. Get them to write on the back.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

dasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Well, plenty of references to people doing it themselves - hardly surprising really...

Anyway, if you want to get someone to do it, Officeworks offer a passport photo service, and they claim to use an "ID Station" machine, which in turn claims to do Canada compliant images. Get them to write on the back.

For Australian Immigration I did it myself. Did the same for Canada Immigration and got them back. I had to go to a professional photographer.

My experience is that Canada Immigration is alot more stricter with everything than Australia Immigration.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 2:02 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I already told the OP on his other thread to go back to the post office and specify that the photos are for Canada. My CDN passport and my partner's visa application photos were accepted no problem by CIC.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice

I found a proffessional photographer who can do this
but how can you get a 2 years old kid not to smile and to keep lips touching!!!!!!!
Old Oct 17th 2017, 10:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KenA
I found a proffessional photographer who can do this
but how can you get a 2 years old kid not to smile and to keep lips touching!!!!!!!
Tell him Father Christmas isn't real.

CIC will be more lenient with kids photos.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

MelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond repute

KenA - I went to the Post Office (full service PO, not an LPO from memory) and the branch I went to already had the Canadian specifications set up in its digital photography system. Mind you I went to the Post Office in Kew, which is not exactly close to Craigieburn I'm afraid.

The Post Office is a commercial photographer for Canadian purposes - you pay them to do it and they print out on the correct paper etc. You just need to make sure they write the correct incantation on the back of the photo as required by the Canadian specifications.