Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Petroleum Open Learning anyone done this?

Petroleum Open Learning anyone done this?

Old Jun 29th 2010, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

OilDigger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Petroleum Open Learning anyone done this?

Originally Posted by OilDigger
Brian,

I put my POL in with OQU today, along with my SNVQ level 3 and HNC, when I get the repy I'll post the outcome and let you know what if anything they are worth in the Australian system.

OK folks as I said here I would update the forum once I got something back form the Overseas qualification unit in Perth. The basic outcome from this was they are unable to convert either of my city and guilds qualifications, which are the POL offshore learning and the NEBS supervisory management and they are also unable to convert my HNC [this was a big suprise to me] for all of these they have said they aren't on there list of accerdited qualifications.

The only one they have converted is my SNVQ level 3 for processing hydrocarbons and for this they have given me a Certificate IV.

Having spoke with the OQU today I have an interview with the careers center for 'recognition of prior learning' for my Instrumentation HNC, but I'm unsure what exactly they will be able to do, as all I really want them to do is convert a UK formal qualification you really wouldn't think it should be that difficult.