Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pet Quarantine - Eastern Creek Post Entry Animal Quarantine Station

Pet Quarantine - Eastern Creek Post Entry Animal Quarantine Station

Old Apr 11th 2011, 11:30 am
Just Joined

karen1403 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Pet Quarantine - Eastern Creek Post Entry Animal Quarantine Station

Has anyone experienced having their pet stay at Eastern Creek Post Entry Animal Quarantine Station 60 Wallgrove Road Eastern Creek NSW 2766 ??

Whats it like ? what are the staff like? do they exercise or have interaction with the dogs? I am so worried, our dog is coming over next month and she is so social and needs attention, I have herd bad things about it saying the staff dont interact with the animals and just leave them in the cages.

Anyone experienced it, any tips?????
Old Apr 11th 2011, 12:02 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Quarantine - Eastern Creek Post Entry Animal Quarantine Station

Not with a dog but my 3 cats served their time there, and came out relatively unscathed. 2 of them were hand-reared from a couple of days old and the third was taken off the street as a sickly 16-week old so they're really needy.

Our carer was lovely. She was very upset that my little girlcat wouldn't come out of hiding for her and was visibly emotional to see her fussing round me the couple of times we visited.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

RachH will become famous soon enoughRachH will become famous soon enough

our dog stayed there for his quarantine period. It wasn't bad but we didn't realise that the dogs don't get walked - after the first week we found that out and was told that we'd need to arrange to pay a dog walker to exercise him. Also the food they are given is pretty basic but you can pay to have someone deliver food that they are used to.

On the plus side, we phoned every few days to find out how he was doing (we were on the Sunshine Coast so didn't visit him) and they were really good at keeping us updated.

Its not great but as soon as we picked our boy up and took him to the dog beach he was right as rain. And of course, despite the journey and quarantine, it was the best decision ever.

Hope all goes well.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

this is comforting seasider!

I herd from someone I work with the carers didn't pet them or talk to them which was worrying but i suppose it is going to be traumatic no matter what. I just hope she copes, she such a social dog and loves affection

thanks RachH

I cant wait to have her home ! she is tiny (as you can see from my photo) so wont need much walking but think its unfair to not give her the chance to run so we will prob hire a dog walker. I just hope the carers take good care of her!
Old Apr 11th 2011, 12:15 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

our 2 were fine, took a few days to settle in, but the carer was very good, called us in the UK with updates, took them a teddy in to keep them company, spent a little time with them but they are busy, cleaned them out regularly. They had another dog next door, no problems there.

You can pay a walker to exercise them, but not in the 1st week I think. We just went in ourselves and exercised them.

There are a lot of threads on here, but just be aware that people are more likely to post when they have had problems.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

thanks mark - you are right people will only post if theres been a problem. We are going to try and get over to visit but visiting hours are the middle of the day and i work in cremorne so it'll be tricky.

she will need a walk just so she can run like an exocet misle lol

miss her so much
Old Apr 11th 2011, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to all

The two staff who were on the block that my black lab was in were great, and although they talk to the dogs, interact sometimes etc they have a busy day so there is only so much time they get with each. If you are in sydney you can visit (in cage only) two afternoons a week - check the website. your dog will not go out unless you book it, and this is only twice a week for half an hour each time. I used Dogwalks, who were great, to do the walks and I usually did the two other visits myself, as it meant 2 motorway tolls and an hours drive each way to exercise him for half an hour. The dogwalks staff are great with the dogs and take photos which they post online the same day, they take in toys, treats etc.

It is a stressful time but it is only 30 days and worth it to get your dog with you. If you visit your dog you have to remember to take ID with you, or if Dogwalks go you will need a consent form signed and lodged at Eastern Creek in advance.

This picture of Zach's first outing made it worth it for me:
Attached Thumbnails Pet Quarantine - Eastern Creek Post Entry Animal Quarantine Station-061%7E19.jpg  
Old Apr 11th 2011, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: Pet Quarantine - Eastern Creek Post Entry Animal Quarantine Station

wow thanks Lisa and Martin - do you have the contact details for DogWalks? that picture is brilliant.

I like the idea of someone being able to take her toys and treats

I cant wait to see her its been 3 months so 30 won't be too much its just hard, and I know what she is like if she doesnt get loves - shes a princess!!

the things we do for our babies!
Old Apr 11th 2011, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to all

It's http://www.dogwalks.com.au/

Call and talk to Karen.

Zach ensured he got his fair share of treats by checking out the Dogwalk lady's bag each time:
Attached Thumbnails Pet Quarantine - Eastern Creek Post Entry Animal Quarantine Station-normal_035%7E25.jpg  
Old Apr 11th 2011, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

thanks so much!!

your pooch is beautiful!
Old Apr 11th 2011, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

killerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud of

Hi Karen,

It's nearly six years ago for us now, but our two dogs and two cats were treated very well at Eastern Creek and came away from the experience completely unscathed.

We chose not to visit as we thought that would be a bit confusing for them.

The nice bit is when they finally get home; and of course they are delighted to see you (and vice versa).

Don't worry too much and the wait will pass quite quickly. Good luck.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 12:04 am
Just Joined

thanks for this killerhales, it is so hard and I will worry but as you say it will all be worth it once she gets home. I am a little worried about her being on her own - she loves people, kids, dogs, cats...pretty much anything!! so the thought of her being in a cage on her own is heartbreaking
Old Apr 12th 2011, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by killerhales
Hi Karen,

It's nearly six years ago for us now, but our two dogs and two cats were treated very well at Eastern Creek and came away from the experience completely unscathed.

We chose not to visit as we thought that would be a bit confusing for them.

The nice bit is when they finally get home; and of course they are delighted to see you (and vice versa).

Don't worry too much and the wait will pass quite quickly. Good luck.
The staff at Eastern Creek were fantastic with my black lab - she came out the same weight she went in and had got over her faddy food habits! The kennel girl always had time to chat and give us an update on how Tess was going. We couldn't have been any happier with the service. She's a sociable girl too but the experience never seemed to have any negative impact whatsoever.

So glad to get her home though - that's when settling down really started for us.

Mx

Mx
Old Apr 12th 2011, 12:17 am
Just Joined

micmay3_in_oz - this is a weight off my mind!!! We have been here 3 months but it doesnt feel right and i know that due to Xena not being with us! The Notorious Bugger Dog and her mischief has meant the move doesn't feel final.

I am so relieved that your pooch was well looked after and happy to be home.

Thank you to eveyone who has replied so far, it is really helping me relax about the idea
Old Apr 12th 2011, 9:09 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

My young boycat came out heavier than he went in

The worst thing for me is that my girlcat and older boycat are litter mates, and they're no longer close. I separated them all as the girl and young boy didn't get along, and I didn't want to put 2 together and leave 1 alone. Still not sure it was the right thing to do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.