Perth weekend

Old Jan 22nd 2014, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

berserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Perth weekend

lol
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bitzenpces
King's Park, ferry to/from Fremantle. That's about all I can think of at the moment, my brain is melting in the heat.
a welcome reprieve from Melbourne !!

I'm liking Perth on this trip.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 5:49 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by berserk
So I'm in Perth this long weekend for the Skyworks.

What are the must-see places around the CBD (excluding beaches)?
Around the cbd there's not a great deal, I'd walk down to the lucky shag for a drink and pass the bell tower on the way glance up and walk past. I've never been in the bell tower but I don't think I'm missing much and I doubt you'd be either.

Shops in the cbd are open late on Fridays and there's usually a few street entertainers and The hawkers markets are on too you'll find them just off Murray st. Fringeworld is also starting this weekend http://https://www.fringeworld.com.au/
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 12:16 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackieh23
This went out of business in 2008.
We went on it in 2006, and they still have a website operating! You can't trust anyone these days.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 10:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you wandered through East Perth and grabbed a sandwich to eat in Queens Gardens (next to the WACCA) then a quick trot through East Perth Cemetery http://austcemindex.com/cemetery.php?id=782.
Old Jan 25th 2014, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

berserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of light

Its kinda deserted for a weekend. This place needs more migrants!
Old Jan 25th 2014, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

bitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond repute

Its kinda deserted for a weekend. This place needs more migrants!
Lots of people still away as it's the last week of the school holidays. Some drive back from SW to see the fireworks tomorrow. Mind you, some would say that Perth CBD at the weekends and even on weekday evenings is quiet. How are you enjoying the heat?
Old Jan 25th 2014, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

I am not a fan of the heat. Uggh
Old Jan 25th 2014, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

bitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond repute

I had a few errands to do today, so it was in and out of the car/sauna a few times - just wipes me out. Three days to before before I don the polyester sauna uniform shirt. Time for the clinical strength deodorant, hope it's on special somewhere!

Have you got your weekend sorted out?
Old Jan 25th 2014, 1:55 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bitzenpces
I had a few errands to do today, so it was in and out of the car/sauna a few times - just wipes me out. Three days to before before I don the polyester sauna uniform shirt. Time for the clinical strength deodorant, hope it's on special somewhere!

Have you got your weekend sorted out?
Same here with the clinical strength Rexona/Dove - and it's never on bloody special! 55 summers in Perth is probably about 5 too many.

berserk, as much as I'm fond of my home town I could never describe it as having a lively city centre - dead as a door nail out of business hours, as you've discovered. Northbridge or Freo are the place to be for a night out, although we usually stick to Mount Lawley as it's close and a bit more suited to our advanced years
Old Jan 25th 2014, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

My beau and I were in Fremantle yesterday. Lovely place

We thought Perth would be nice to have DST.

Going to Kings Park today. But first need to buy bloody sunscreen as it's a toxic sun out there.
Old Jan 25th 2014, 11:04 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

The weather yesterday was horrible. It was hot but the humidity was killer - today should be a bit better

I preferred the 42c of dry heat from a few weeks ago
Old Jan 26th 2014, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

Thank God it's cooler today. I am just shocked there's a shortage of open cafés in the CBD. Thankfully I found one.
Old Jan 26th 2014, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Same here with the clinical strength Rexona/Dove - and it's never on bloody special! 55 summers in Perth is probably about 5 too many.
I did find it on special this time last year and bought about half a dozen. Have you found the heat worse as you've got older? Might need to start a thread on it ...

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
berserk, as much as I'm fond of my home town I could never describe it as having a lively city centre - dead as a door nail out of business hours, as you've discovered. Northbridge or Freo are the place to be for a night out, although we usually stick to Mount Lawley as it's close and a bit more suited to our advanced years
Leederville's pretty good too, lots of cafes and busy on weeknights as well as weekends.
Old Jan 26th 2014, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

Thank God it's cooler today. I am just shocked there's a shortage of open cafés in the CBD. Thankfully I found one.
I had about 3 hours to kill in the CBD while the car was being serviced. It was a weekday morning, about 7.30. I wandered through several arcades and down Hay Street mall before finding a place not only open but ready to serve customers. One place turned away 3 customers because they were still getting ready - all of us just wanted a coffee to take away, not a full English breakfast. Thank God for Miss Maud's, she saved the day again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.