Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth is uptight, stuffy, dull and boring

Perth is uptight, stuffy, dull and boring

Old Feb 19th 2012, 9:33 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth is uptight, stuffy, dull and boring

Originally Posted by northernbird
Dusk in Joondalup might suit you. Trashy nightclub with lots of young flesh on offer.
They should have places geared up for old flesh, I dont see why the young flesh should have all the fun.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

cubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by northernbird
Dusk in Joondalup might suit you. Trashy nightclub with lots of young flesh on offer.
Now we're talking.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

cubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Family of 3
I'm just shocked the OP is single.
Divorced if you must know. And happy as a lark.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave99
I lived in Perth for about 4 years and never once got asked to leave a pub, never found them stuffy either, quite the opposite.

If your after more of an englandy feel try durty nellys www.durtynellys.com.au its hidden away on a side street and has a great vibe at nights, good food to.

Perth is not like england and trying to look for the same things that you used to do in england is a mistake, you have to change you attitude and look for other things. I am back in the UK now and everywhere I go theres a million people crammed in.
I wish I was back in perth so I didnt have to queue for 20minutes just to get served in a pub, not to mention finding a bloody table to sit down at is difficult
really?..
Old Feb 19th 2012, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Cherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mike-T
That's a sweeping generalisation there Mr/Mrs Cherry Ripe to which I myself, being a Mancunian might take offence........although being a Manc, i will laugh it off as a jolly jape. Not ALL Mancs/Yorkshirefolk/Scousers and Wegians are out and out lush heads.........only about 80%....apparently

To the original poster, there's loads of good pubs in Perth. If we know where you are living, we may be able to advise....
Hey I live in Yorkshire, and my friend I can drink any Manc under the table!!!! and it's Mrs Cherry Ripe to you
Old Feb 19th 2012, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

Cherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really nice

Originally Posted by cubeonly
Divorced if you must know. And happy as a lark.
Ahhhh that's what they all say!
Old Feb 19th 2012, 7:48 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cherry ripe
I can drink any Manc under the table!!!! and it's Mrs Cherry Ripe to you
Oooo Matron!!!
Old Feb 20th 2012, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Totally confused by this thread

We have the responsible serving alcohol laws here, which means if a bar person serves someone that is drunk they can get fined quite a large amount. So are those laws being implemented more vigorously in Perth than other Cities ? Genuine question

Does it come down to how you hold your booze ?

I've never been asked to leave even after drinking copious amounts and swaying a bit.

On the whole it has been rare but i have actually been asked to leave 3 bars since being in Australia, 2 of those occasions i was schocked as i had only had a couple of drinks and was totaly minding my own business. 2 of the 3 were in Sydney bars so Melbourne seems more tolerant.

It really left a sour taste as i have never been asked to leave a bar before in my life and i felt in no way was i doing anything that could be considered even close to rowdy.

Also now remember and this is probably the best of the lot, met up with some old friends in Paddington-Sydney on a sat lunchtime, 4 of us all guys in our mid forties, one of the guys goes up to the bar to get the second round in and is told sorry they feel he has had to much to drink and is being to rowdy this is just after 12 pm, the other guys lived in Sydney and told me it happens all the time.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 1:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
You actually been asked to leave after 3 beers?!!!
Bit of a Three pot screamer?
Old Feb 20th 2012, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE][/Anyone know is there a pub in Perth I can walk in to, spend-up in there, then fall out of in to a waiting taxi, for the weekends? My pub experience so far is that if I have two beers the bar staff start looking at me as if I'm a criminal, then after the third they look in to my eyes and tell me they're glazed so I am pissed and must leave the premises![QUOTE]

Don't come to Sydney then, with The Aussie the nanny state over here means you probably wont even get in the pub!! I too have been asked to leave places because, on one occasion I was sitting and not on dance floor and a couple of others for looking 'thoughtful' (look into my eyes dont look around the eyes....) I mean if you're squaring up for a fight or something then that's fair play but pleeasssse!

Last edited by moneypenny20; Feb 20th 2012 at 8:45 am. Reason: fix quote
Old Feb 20th 2012, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Also now remember and this is probably the best of the lot, met up with some old friends in Paddington-Sydney on a sat lunchtime, 4 of us all guys in our mid forties, one of the guys goes up to the bar to get the second round in and is told sorry they feel he has had to much to drink and is being to rowdy this is just after 12 pm, the other guys lived in Sydney and told me it happens all the time.

Yes its very common and I think they don't like people over 30! so nice to go back to Uk at christmas and drink with all ages, no hassles... It puts me off Sydney especially areas like The Rocks etc...
Old Feb 20th 2012, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it's the Glaswegian in me, but my main indicator for going home on a night out is when I get refused entry from a pub/club.

Sometimes it's 11pm, other times 2am, but when it happens I know I've had enough.

No night out is complete without a knockback!!
Old Feb 20th 2012, 2:34 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bingobob777
Maybe it's the Glaswegian in me, but my main indicator for going home on a night out is when I get refused entry from a pub/club.

Sometimes it's 11pm, other times 2am, but when it happens I know I've had enough.

No night out is complete without a knockback!!
here! here!
Old Feb 20th 2012, 6:57 am
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

Joondalup mate, I'd avoid like the plague....

I'm been more comfortable in the Parkside, Whitworth Arms, Claremont than I ever felt in the two time I went out in Joondalup, its full of freaks with mental issues ready to stab, disable and glass you for the wrong reasons....
Old Feb 20th 2012, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Pennines49 is an unknown quantity at this point

No problems to date in Perth or Northbridge so far ( 49 yr old)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.