Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth is uptight, stuffy, dull and boring

Perth is uptight, stuffy, dull and boring

Old Feb 19th 2012, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

cubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant future
Default Re: Perth is uptight, stuffy, dull and boring

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Totally confused by this thread

So are those laws being implemented more vigorously in Perth than other Cities ? Genuine question

I my view the answer to that is YES. It's fasshism, fasshishism, fascishism, of fugk you know the word.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

cubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mike-T
Yes mate, a very nice part of Manchester.................Collyhurst!!

I agree about The Sovereign....it's crap, unless you're under 25 and a knob. Paddy Malones is a more traditional pub, and IMO better than The Old Bailey...which itself isn't too bad. Greenwood Tavern is a good Aussie pub, I like The Woodvale personally, although these last couple of years, it's been getting more like The Ok Corale......
How about if you're over 50 and a knob? Where's Paddy Malones please? Also someone somewhere mentioned strippers - please tell me where, I'm getting bored again and have just ran out of milk and cheese.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 4:54 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Yeah, Yeah, of course they do.
You can join the club,you're near enough
Old Feb 19th 2012, 4:57 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cubeonly
How about if you're over 50 and a knob? Where's Paddy Malones please? Also someone somewhere mentioned strippers - please tell me where, I'm getting bored again and have just ran out of milk and cheese.
Paddy Malones is on Reid Promenade in Joondalup.

I would echo Durty Nellys in the City. Nice pub with OK food too.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 5:21 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ukecadet
You can join the club,you're near enough
Cheers mate.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 5:25 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

How's that for a one-line description of a place.

Moved here in December from England but won't be staying for long.

Over 50's not welcome in bars and clubs. Over 50s like to go out on the town you know.

Bullshit place, Perth. Full of corporate stuffy types, very uptight. If you're thinking of moving here from UK, and you like a bit of nightlife or are are single status over 50, forget it!
Sounds like Edin-bra to me
Old Feb 19th 2012, 5:26 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
no escape for you, you'll have to stay and moderate
Is moderate like a political party or something?
Old Feb 19th 2012, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

Tim Tams are going to be the death of me
Old Feb 19th 2012, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Mike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really nice

Well I'm pushing 50 and a bit of a nob too, but Sovereign is a bit too "trendy" for my liking. Paddy's is more like a proper pub. Don't know where strippers are mate, sorry. I'm happily married and don't need to look at other naked wimmin
Old Feb 19th 2012, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by northernbird

Thanks I'll try Paddy's next w/e, all being well.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

Mike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really nice

I like Durty Nelly's. There's a cracking Japanese food place right opposite. Cheap as, and really tasty food.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 7:29 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Perth is uptight, stuffy, dull and boring

How about if you're over 50 and a knob?
Ah, I see the problem.

Old Feb 19th 2012, 7:36 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks I'll try Paddy's next w/e, all being well.
Dusk in Joondalup might suit you. Trashy nightclub with lots of young flesh on offer.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Dusk in Joondalup might suit you. Trashy nightclub with lots of young flesh on offer.
Where is the "like" button?
Old Feb 19th 2012, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Ah, I see the problem.

http://i43.tinypic.com/4jqm3s.gif
I'm just shocked the OP is single.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.