Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth Summer Weather

Perth Summer Weather

Old Sep 23rd 2010, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of
Default Re: Perth Summer Weather

Was there last year over xmas and newyears.

Most days were mid 30's.

Got married on Cott Beach early Jan and it was 42 by lunchtime.

It's not a problem though as all cars have AC and all houses/shops have it too.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 10:51 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bibbs
Was there last year over xmas and newyears.

Most days were mid 30's.

Got married on Cott Beach early Jan and it was 42 by lunchtime.

It's not a problem though as all cars have AC and all houses/shops have it too.
All houses most certainly do NOT have air con.
The main problem I think is at night sleeping. Wait till march
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 12:34 pm
never settled

S E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
We are getting the bob tail lizards at work now its getting warmer, all the wildlife seems really active, I love it.

Cant wait for it to get warm enough to go to the beach and lounge about for a few hours, plans for dolphin cruise, Rotto for the day, camping, cycling to Freo, cant wait.

Have you got alot of plans for the Summer?
High pressure systems like to spread desert air over Perth in the middle of summer so a string of 40+ temperatures are quite a possibility.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 12:53 pm
Banned

danjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nice

Don't forget the biggest army of flies too, never seen them so bad as in Perth, they really dont leave you alone, and worst than any other state!

The summer flies is even more of a reason not to live there than the general dullness of Perth and around!
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by EvannTel
All houses most certainly do NOT have air con.
The main problem I think is at night sleeping. Wait till march
Thinking back now to where I stayed.

7 hotels - all had AC.
10 friends/family houses - all had AC.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danjones1
Don't forget the biggest army of flies too, never seen them so bad as in Perth, they really dont leave you alone, and worst than any other state!

The summer flies is even more of a reason not to live there than the general dullness of Perth and around!
I know , I know rising to the bait and all that , but if Perf has the worst flies
in your considered opinion who has the best flies.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 2:16 pm
Well Endowed Member

The Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really nice

Hope this helps ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL7UGpLMqEE

He mentions the Perth weather briefly ...

Originally Posted by Sunshine7
Okay, just wondering how hot it's really going to be

I know statistically what the temperature range is but as far as day-to-day living is concerned just how restrictive is it?

We have an elderly (75 ish) relative hoping to visit in January for a month or two and we were all so looking forward to it until I started to think about the heat in summer. Do people still have days out, say, at the zoo or sightseeing or is everybody cooped up indoors close to the air conditioning?

January would be ideal for the visit but if it's going to be awful because of the heat I suppose we could re-schedule.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on the individual. My wifes father and step mother are coming in Feb and will be fine as they love being in 30+ heat even though they are very english with regards background / complexion etc. But her aunt who will also visit next year will come in April or even over winter as she hates heat over 25c even though she is Peruvian from the desert.
Old Sep 24th 2010, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

debbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bibbs
Thinking back now to where I stayed.

7 hotels - all had AC.
10 friends/family houses - all had AC.
i have just done 2 summers without a/c......ugh!
Old Sep 24th 2010, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Another reason to re-schedule your relatives' visit in January is to avoid the major school holiday period. The state schools return at the beginning of February, so everywhere is less crowded and it's easy to book accommodation if you want to go down south. Still bloody hot, though, as March can be.