Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth in September - 1 week accommodation?

Perth in September - 1 week accommodation?

Old Jun 4th 2010, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

AlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Perth in September - 1 week accommodation?

Hi all,

I'm planning a 2 week trip to WA in September. Anyone have any recommendations for accommodation in / near Perth for 7 nights? Not sure if a hotel is best, or self-catering apartments or even a short-stay home / holiday rental?

Also, is it worth staying out of Perth, maybe Fremantle? We will have a hire car and will be driving around Perth and the suburbs and doing "day trip" activities in the Perth region, before driving to the South West. (MR and Albany, etc).

A lot of the "self-catering" apartments seem to be rather poor quality, cheap looking and dated and yet they still want $200+ per night. (and I thought September is the "low season").

Any help or advice is appreciated.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth in September - 1 week accommodation?

I didn't realise that I was this unpopular
Old Jun 4th 2010, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

You will have to change your name to Billy no mates

Us Kiwi,s would tell you over here, them Aussies are right ignorrant gits
Old Jun 5th 2010, 5:30 am
K14
Forum Regular

K14 will become famous soon enoughK14 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by AlphaTangoMike
Hi all,

I'm planning a 2 week trip to WA in September. Anyone have any recommendations for accommodation in / near Perth for 7 nights? Not sure if a hotel is best, or self-catering apartments or even a short-stay home / holiday rental?

Also, is it worth staying out of Perth, maybe Fremantle? We will have a hire car and will be driving around Perth and the suburbs and doing "day trip" activities in the Perth region, before driving to the South West. (MR and Albany, etc).

A lot of the "self-catering" apartments seem to be rather poor quality, cheap looking and dated and yet they still want $200+ per night. (and I thought September is the "low season").

Fremantle would be a good place to stay. You can get into Perth via the train or drive easily from there.

For places to stay have you tried the following websites:

www.stayz.com.au
www.realholidays.com.au

We've done a fair bit of travelling around WA and yes there does seem to be quite a few poor quality, cheap looking and dated accomodation that isn't cheap - but there are some nice places around you just have to do lots of internet searching!

Bayswater car hire are in Fremantle -my parents have used them and they seemed quite good.

Hope that helps a bit
Old Jun 5th 2010, 12:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

maybe get a bit better response if you a little more specific? How many of you and what's your budget?

What are your expectations?

would you make do with an outside dunnie? How far would you be prepared to walk to it? Will you be bringing your own toilet paper?
Old Jun 6th 2010, 2:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
You will have to change your name to Billy no mates

Us Kiwi,s would tell you over here, them Aussies are right ignorrant gits
That's helpful, thanks. Do thread never slip through the net on the NZ forums then?
Old Jun 6th 2010, 10:36 am
Just Joined

tyde is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

My family and I spent two weeks in perth a little while ago before spending another 2 weeks down in the South West. We stayed in a caravan park called Kerrinyup waters, which is about 15 / 20 min out of the city to the North. I have two small boys so it was perfect for us and was very reasonable. They have little chalets which are perfectly adequate, it is clean, comfortable with all the facilities that you needs. Also hired a car through Bayswaters which was very reasonable.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies.

A bit more information, as requested ;-)

It will be my wife and I, late 20's, early 30's. Accommodation budget of around $200 per night.

I was under the impression that this was "low season", but this is not an idea shared by everyone.

I have spent hours and hours on the internet researching this holiday and haven't come up with any decent accommodation yet.

Thanks again
Old Jun 7th 2010, 3:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies.

A bit more information, as requested ;-)

It will be my wife and I, late 20's, early 30's. Accommodation budget of around $200 per night.

I was under the impression that this was "low season", but this is not an idea shared by everyone.

I have spent hours and hours on the internet researching this holiday and haven't come up with any decent accommodation yet.

Thanks again

have you tried Whatif.com? they have "last minute" deals and good prices with descriptions of what you'd be getting
Old Jun 7th 2010, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

trice_ie will become famous soon enoughtrice_ie will become famous soon enough

hi

we are currently staying in mantra on murray it's a studio apt pretty basic but in an excellent spot. not sure what it costs as hubby's company is paying
Old Jun 7th 2010, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future

Hi all,

Nice self-catering apartments in Ardross (nice suburb South of the River): http://www.lifestyle-objects.com/html/apt__i.html
Old Jun 7th 2010, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

RhonSlat is an unknown quantity at this point

Try www.ozhouserental.com Nice selection of fully furnished rentals for very reasonable prices. We've just finished a 6 week stay at one of the properties and it was fantastic!

Last edited by RhonSlat; Jun 7th 2010 at 2:20 pm.