Perth Recce

Old May 28th 2017, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

jim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Perth Recce

Hi,

Myself, my partner and our 10 month old daughter are going to book flights to Perth next week for a 1 month recce with the intention of getting the PR process on the go later in the year.

We are thinking March/April time, is this a good time to go?

My partner is a social worker and I'm a police officer. Hopefully once we sort out pr through her role I can apply to WAPOL as a transferee.

Has anyone any good suggestions for a 1 month itinerary?

We would be looking at holiday lets, possible in different places to the north and south of Perth to give us a good feel for the area.

Would also like to get in a few days road trip to the south to see outside Perth!

If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it!!

Cheers,

Jim
Old May 28th 2017, 11:51 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth Recce

Originally Posted by jim2001
OK temps, but everything will be brown. March can be hot.

My partner is a social worker and I'm a police officer. Hopefully once we sort out pr through her role I can apply to WAPOL as a transferee.
Check the visa situation hasn't changed, and it takes a while no matter what.

Just Perf? Hmm ...

Rottnest, Margret River would be on the list. Maybe up as far as Ningaloo Reef with the Pinnacles on the way.

Might plan to fly across to the east coast for a few days to see if you want something else whist you are in the vicinity.
Old May 28th 2017, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

jim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond repute

Think we might book Internal flights to brisbane � ����
Old May 29th 2017, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Myself, my partner and our 10 month old daughter are going to book flights to Perth next week for a 1 month recce with the intention of getting the PR process on the go later in the year.

We would be looking at holiday lets, possible in different places to the north and south of Perth to give us a good feel for the area.

Would also like to get in a few days road trip to the south to see outside Perth!

If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it!!

Cheers,

Jim

Hi Jim,

if it were me I would visit Perth in late April/May when its cooler (which would be nicer/better for your daughter) or in mid to late October as it is also greener then and nicer temps. Holiday lets can be a very pricey in the Summer months for holiday lets as well, you could look around Hillary's boat harbour, Fremantle area, Cottlesloe, Rockingham and Mandurah and even the City Centre. The distances in WA are vast a 3 hour drive would get you to Margaret River or Busselton areas of the South, North of Perth you could go and visit Cervantes or Geralton which is about 4 hrs drive, personally I would not want to spend that amount of time going "North" way to long with a young child and not much in the way of scenery (again my view) I have done both trips quite a few times when we lived in Perth and much prefer to head south. If we were to visit Perth knowing what we know after living in different areas of Perth I would visit Mandurah, Fremantle, Swan River area, Kings Park, I use to like the safe beaches in Rockingham and they have a nice promenade there. Cottlesloe is nice with the Indiana Tea Rooms, a river cruise from Perth to Freo is a nice holiday thing to do as well. I enjoyed visiting the Hill's area in Perth (we lived there when we first arrived in WA) and worth a drive around as it has a different feel than living in the suburbs of Perth. A nice pub lunch can be had at the Elizabethan Village Pub in Armadale its is a replica of Shakespeare's home and has a lovely outdoor setting with lovely views of the hill's (feels like true Australian scenery). Rottenest and Penguin Island are also a touristy thing to do but both a little overated (in my opinion) Good luck have fun and hope you can obtain your visa's
Old May 31st 2017, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Brits1,

If anyone knows of holiday lets it would be appreciated!!

More of a fact finding mission at the minute, all being well we will start the visa process in May.

Cheers for the replies!
Old May 31st 2017, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Brits1,

If anyone knows of holiday lets it would be appreciated!!

More of a fact finding mission at the minute, all being well we will start the visa process in May.

Cheers for the replies!

We use to stay (Holiday let) on the canals in Mandurah, a few of the homes were holidays lets but there are some newer apartments just on the "harbour" which is also a nice area as your near to the beach and also the harbour nearer to Perth there are apartments for short term lets in the City and also Mountway Holiday lets which are just off the Freeway and also near the Kings Park, Westerley Short Stay Accomodation in Fremantle are good but can be expensive although we have not stayed they are in a good location for Fremantle. Hillarys Harbour Apartment are nice as well but unless you are interested in the North of the River you are a bit "out of it" for sight seeing. Good luck