Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth - full of thieves

Perth - full of thieves

Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:10 am
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth - full of thieves

[QUOTE=TiddlyPom;5629695] They have more important things to do, surprisingly.

Mmmm I wonder what that could be. Catching rules players without a shirt on maybe.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:07 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter lost her mobile in the local park a few weeks ago, she "looked everywhere" for it and couldn`t find it, I tried ringing no -answer until a while later and someone rang up and asked if we`d lost a phone. She brought it round and wouldn`t even accept a wee reward in thanks. There are still some decent people out there.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:12 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by renth
No, not really. It just pisses me of, considering all the lost wallets, moblies, or whatever I have handed in/back to the owners in the last 35 years.

I don't generally lose stuff, it's usually always the Mrs. but all I ask is once, just once in my life for something that my wife has lost to be handed in and not stolen.
I was at the cash machine the other day...the bloke infront of me couldnt remember his pin so the card kept comin back out, on his third attempt he spat the dummy and walked off...I went up to the machine and it was saying press enter to continue..I pressed it and it threw his card out...I quickly ran round the corner and noticed him in the bank. I said excuse me you left your card in the machine...He snatched it off me, grunted and walked away...not a thanks or sod all. I shouted after him, I wish I had thrown it in the bin, you ungrateful shite!!!! Really pissed me off it did
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

mrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to all

your all worrying me now,is there really so many of you being house burgled in perth?its really putting me off coming,advice needed.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Relatives of ours used to live in Alderley Edge in Cheshire, not a million miles from where Posh and Becks used to live when he played for Man Ure

Hi-tech security system, floodlights, grown-up Rottweiler, yappy Yorkshire Terrier

Got up one morning to find all paintings missing off the walls, cutlery, doulton figures and rugs gone

Dogs had been drugged (fast asleep on the floor) and the thieving barstewards had wrapped all their 'goods' inside the rugs before making their escape

Relatives and neighbours never saw or heard a thing all night

Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

mrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to all

that must have been horrible to wake up to the next day,i know houses are burgled here all the time in the uk,but i suppose we are lucky where we are in the welsh hills,and touch wood and thank god i dont know anybody that has been burgled here.so i suppose it worries me when i think we might get to perth and lots of homes are being burgled.just another worry!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:17 pm
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it because it's full of scousers ?
Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

wheres full of scousers?
Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:24 pm
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrs i
wheres full of scousers?
Perth from what I've heard..
Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:29 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Perth is the burglary capital of Australia.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 1:07 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

It's no better or worse than Brissie, Sydney etc etc etc

If you live in an area close to or classed as a socially deprived area (not my words i hasn't to add) then you are more likely to be visited by people you would rather not have! (burgled in other words)
But i will also point out that it happens every where

Back in UK

We live in a fairly nice area! Alan (OH) stopped a young man from stealing our neighbours car!

Here in OZ
My friends neighbour stopped someone from breaking into their house whilst they were out (5 mins from me) up in the hills! (supposed to be a good area)

where ever you are it will happen, if they choose your house in your area, well you wont really stop it! (sorry)

edit to add

Perth is huge big area! taking almost 2 1/2 hours to cross from Mandurah to Two Rocks!

Some one will come along in a min and correct me i'm sure! but it is a huge area as in Perth!!!

Last edited by Sam; Dec 4th 2007 at 1:09 pm. Reason: to add a bit
Old Dec 4th 2007, 3:33 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TsukinoDeynatsu
Mum and Dad got robbed in broad daylight with a 4-year-old Staffie in the house We think they didn't take as much as they could've because he was humping their legs the whole time but still, Mum got home after work to find most of the stuff gone and a very happy dog.

He loves visitors, you see
yep - sounds like my dog
Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrs i
your all worrying me now,is there really so many of you being house burgled in perth?its really putting me off coming,advice needed.

I found the best deterrent was a doberman.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:19 pm
Precociously Stupid

TsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by manc1
I found the best deterrent was a doberman.
A good idea is to install a lock that locks your sliding glass doors together. If you just lock them at the door handle they can lift them up out of the frame.

On the burglary bright side, though, muggings around here (South Brisbane) only seem to consist of short asian guys pushing girls and taking their bags. Which is really scary, apparently, so you should just give them it.

So if you happen to be the kind who carries a knife for protection, the mugger could end up charging *you* for attempted assault (i.e. threatening them!)
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:15 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam
It's no better or worse than Brissie, Sydney etc etc etc
It is, Perth has the highest burglary rate in Oz - it's famous for it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.