Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth - full of thieves

Perth - full of thieves

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:35 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth - full of thieves

Oh good another perth is crap thread...we haven't had one for a few days....this might help

http://www.track-your-partner.com/
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:49 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
The Mrs has managed to lose her brand new NextG Nokia mobile phone. It happened between getting out of the car at the dog beach, walking the dog and getting back in to the car. The moment she got home she dialled it and surprise surprise straight to voicemail. Some toerag must have picked it up and chucked the SIM within an hour or so of it having gone missing.

Last year the Mrs lost her purse in the school car park at Ocean Reef Primary School - did that ever get handed in? did it f**k.

I can't believe what a dishonest, thieving bunch of bastards the people of this city are.
I dropped my tickets to see the Police after leaving Cockburn shopping mall a couple of months back, after retracing my steps and not finding a thing I went back into the post office to see if (by some remote chance) someone had handed them in as they were in a registered post envelope. Turns out someone did hand them in, glad we moved SOR................far less thieving poms down here ;o))
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, sorry you have had some pain in the ass steal your stuff. This make my blood boil

A couple of months before I got here, my purse was stolen. It was by the taxi driver in the European city I lived in and I knew it was him. My parents were visiting and I took them to the city centre.(I dont drive)
I got out of taxi and as he drove off realised my purse was missing. Thinking back he was too helpful getting us out of taxi (had a baby with me) Not sure how he did it but he did.

Rang taxi firm imediatly they were useless, he had suddenly finished work spending my bloody money. Nobody wanted to know and I spent the day cancelling my cards etc.

This was the first time in my life Ive ever had my purse stolen. Im normally very careful but if its an expert you have no chance.

I think opportunist theives are all over the world not just Perth. However have to admit I felt safer and less likely to be pick pocketed in Perth than other cities/countries Ive lived in.

GEMS
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveyp
It still amazes me how little respect anyone has here for others property, we have had the shop broken into twice (broad daylight) in two years. My son has been mugged, daughter has had her purse stolen (with mobile).
Graffiti everywhere.... especially newly painted buildings... and engraving into glass windows of pretty much every shop.
Police are absolutely useless at anything other than handing out speeding tickets, they would not even interview two witnesses to one of my robberies.

We had our car stolen from outside the house. When we rang the police a few weeks after it was stolen to see if they had found it, they said they weren't looking for it and unless a member of the public happen to come across it, hard luck. Ahh the good old Perth police. :curse:
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 11:15 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manc1
We had our car stolen from outside the house. When we rang the police a few weeks after it was stolen to see if they had found it, they said they weren't looking for it and unless a member of the public happen to come across it, hard luck. Ahh the good old Perth police. :curse:
I think you will find that is the case the world over, the cops don't have time to look for every stolen car.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute

The Mrs has managed to lose her brand new NextG Nokia mobile phone. It happened between getting out of the car at the dog beach, walking the dog and getting back in to the car. The moment she got home she dialled it and surprise surprise straight to voicemail. Some toerag must have picked it up and chucked the SIM within an hour or so of it having gone missing.

Last year the Mrs lost her purse in the school car park at Ocean Reef Primary School - did that ever get handed in? did it f**k.

I can't believe what a dishonest, thieving bunch of bastards the people of this city are.
Sorry about that. I had the same experience but in Malaysia. Holiday Warning! in my case it took them less than 3 minutues to remove the SIMcard. I left it on the train and I dialled from the station! less than 3 minutes!!!!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I think you will find that is the case the world over, the cops don't have time to look for every stolen car.

I did'nt want them to look for every stolen car, just mine.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 11:29 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

"Perth full of thieves"....Err Hello..AUSTRALIA!!!!!!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 11:31 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

I've heard that house breaking is a big problem in Australia and in Perth in particular. Any ideas on why that is?
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=I_Will_Freckle;5629497]I've heard that house breaking is a big problem in Australia and in Perth in particular. Any ideas on why that is?

All the police are out catching speeding motorists.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Oh good another perth is crap thread...we haven't had one for a few days....this might help

http://www.track-your-partner.com/
Jeez!! LOL!!!!

Last edited by Ozzidoc; Dec 3rd 2007 at 11:57 pm.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 11:56 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
I've heard that house breaking is a big problem in Australia and in Perth in particular. Any ideas on why that is?
Drugs.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:00 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I think you would be a very very lucky person to get anything back that you lost, anywhere!!! i'd say dishonesty in people is far greater than the honest one's.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

We had a different experience, the Mrs was here a couple of years ago and dropped her purse full of money, cards, license etc as she was getting out of a taxi. A month or so later after she was in the UK the local plods sent a letter saying the purse had been handed in and could she come and collect it!! After pointing out we were in the UK they sent it to her, and despite having been run over everything including the cash was still in it. Not everyone is a toerag
Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:40 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by manc1
I did'nt want them to look for every stolen car, just mine.
We had a car stolen in the UK... It isn't the police's job to actively look for stolen cars. If they saw it driving past and had the rego, then yes, they'd stop it, but they don't hunt for them. They have more important things to do, surprisingly.

Ironically, it turns out the car hadn't been stolen at all and it was just lost.

Imagine the call to the police.

But that's another story.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.