Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth - full of thieves

Perth - full of thieves

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:04 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Perth - full of thieves

The Mrs has managed to lose her brand new NextG Nokia mobile phone. It happened between getting out of the car at the dog beach, walking the dog and getting back in to the car. The moment she got home she dialled it and surprise surprise straight to voicemail. Some toerag must have picked it up and chucked the SIM within an hour or so of it having gone missing.

Last year the Mrs lost her purse in the school car park at Ocean Reef Primary School - did that ever get handed in? did it f**k.

I can't believe what a dishonest, thieving bunch of bastards the people of this city are.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:11 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth - full of thieves

Originally Posted by renth
The Mrs has managed to lose her brand new NextG Nokia mobile phone. It happened between getting out of the car at the dog beach, walking the dog and getting back in to the car. The moment she got home she dialled it and surprise surprise straight to voicemail. Some toerag must have picked it up and chucked the SIM within an hour or so of it having gone missing.

Last year the Mrs lost her purse in the school car park at Ocean Reef Primary School - did that ever get handed in? did it f**k.

I can't believe what a dishonest, thieving bunch of bastards the people of this city are.

Its all the immigrants I say.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:13 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Its all the immigrants I say.
Quite possibly.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you got the box ? It might have the IMEI number on the side. If you can quote that to the phone company they can possibly block the phone from working anywhere in Australia at the very least no matter what sim is in it. It won't get it back but it will stop the b*****d from getting the benefit of a new handset.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:14 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
Have you got the box ? It might have the IMEI number on the side. If you can quote that to the phone company they can possibly block the phone from working anywhere in Australia at the very least no matter what sim is in it. It won't get it back but it will stop the b*****d from getting the benefit of a new handset.
Thanks for that - I do have that info. I'm about to ring Telstra to moan about something else and I'll mention this to them.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:15 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

This surprises you? We've been burgled twice in the 6 months we've lived here. Both times while we were home. Not only a bunch of theiving bastards, but bold theiving bastards,
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:15 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for the loss - it is very annoying indeed. I lost mine in Singapore airport a couple of months back and was nearly crippled without it for my business trip Lucky they did not run up bill was all I could think.

On the reverse side. Here in Sydney I managed to lose my phone - brand new flip on the train. Phone call within an hour telling me the phone was handed in and waiting for me at lost property. Purse a while back - same thing, got it back every card still intact! Money was gone but that was a minor thing!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:19 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
This surprises you? We've been burgled twice in the 6 months we've lived here. Both times while we were home. Not only a bunch of theiving bastards, but bold theiving bastards,
While you were in bed?

I would booby trap the bloody windows with grease so the little bastards slip and break their necks and end up in a wheelchair where I could kick them hard afterwards - no sympathy, no understanding and I wish the most painful punishment for them Im afraid.

God that's unlucky Dorothy, even my Dad and friends havent been done over that much.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:21 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I would booby trap the bloody windows with grease so the little bastards slip and break their necks and end up in a wheelchair where I could kick them hard afterwards - no sympathy, no understanding and I wish the most painful punishment for them Im afraid.
Yes, and guess who out of you and the burglar would end up going to jail?
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:22 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

While you were in bed?

God that's alot Dorothy, even my Dad and friends havent been done over that much.
That reminds me of when my brother was getting robbed, he was living with a chef at the time and they saw this leg coming down through the curtains of one of the windows. The chef grabbed ones of his knives and started attacking the leg big time, it was amazing how quick the leg retreated.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:23 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by Dorothy
This surprises you?
No, not really. It just pisses me of, considering all the lost wallets, moblies, or whatever I have handed in/back to the owners in the last 35 years.

I don't generally lose stuff, it's usually always the Mrs. but all I ask is once, just once in my life for something that my wife has lost to be handed in and not stolen.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:25 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, and guess who out of you and the burglar would end up going to jail?
Well yes you have a point but grease can be spilled anywhere in the home and my PMT really can be very bad sometimes.

It would be worth it, I would tie beef strips to his balls and set the bloody dingos on him.

The only good burglar is an injured one.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:27 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

While you were in bed?

God that's unlucky Dorothy, even my Dad and friends havent been done over that much.
Yes, both times when we were in bed. First time we slept through it but the second time - less than a week later - I woke up and made enough noise that they buggered off. We've now got a security system...every window and door is hooked up to the main system and I sleep with a 3 wood beside my bed.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
That reminds me of when my brother was getting robbed, he was living with a chef at the time and they saw this leg coming down through the curtains of one of the windows. The chef grabbed ones of his knives and started attacking the leg big time, it was amazing how quick the leg retreated.
When we lived in Devon, we were in a ground floor flat and our window only opened a few inches as it had a safety block to stop it opening further.

We had this big black cat called Bruno who used to sleep on the window at night.

One night he was hissing away and getting really angry. Mr PP went to the window and saw through the frosty glass that there was a guy right outside our window trying to open it.

Bruno went mental - hissing, spitting the lot.

Mr PP demanded to know what he was doing there and if he didnt move his arse from outside our room then he would do him some damage.

The guy said 'sorry mate, didnt know where I was' and ran like hell down the road.

Thank God my cat spotted him though.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

No, not really. It just pisses me of, considering all the lost wallets, moblies, or whatever I have handed in/back to the owners in the last 35 years.

I don't generally lose stuff, it's usually always the Mrs. but all I ask is once, just once in my life for something that my wife has lost to be handed in and not stolen.
It still amazes me how little respect anyone has here for others property, we have had the shop broken into twice (broad daylight) in two years. My son has been mugged, daughter has had her purse stolen (with mobile).
Graffiti everywhere.... especially newly painted buildings... and engraving into glass windows of pretty much every shop.
Police are absolutely useless at anything other than handing out speeding tickets, they would not even interview two witnesses to one of my robberies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.