Perth anyone?

Old Jun 20th 2008, 10:34 am
Loving Perth!

mand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to all
Default Re: Perth anyone?

Originally Posted by sunflower7
Hi Mand-Jim

Your only down the road from me! well the A45 that is. Be interested to know how you get on with your plans, also with selling your house. Bit worried about mine, and the time it may take to sell, thats if I don't rent it out. In the current climate I may not get much choice!
When are you planning on going over? Have you already got your visa? Is this a permanent move? I am nosy!
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Hi Mand-Jim

Hoping to be there within next 8 months or so. Have already got visa, 136 skills visa. Just got to sort out house and job. Hoping it will be a permanent move, but trying to plan for all eventualities just in case I want to come back.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 8:44 am
Loving Perth!

mand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to all

Hi Mand-Jim

Hoping to be there within next 8 months or so. Have already got visa, 136 skills visa. Just got to sort out house and job. Hoping it will be a permanent move, but trying to plan for all eventualities just in case I want to come back.
We're planning for a permanent move but holding onto our house just in case. I've never been to Australia and James hasn't been to Perth so who knows how we will feel?! Got to give it a go though, been talking about it for so long so need to just give it a chance, life is too short to sit around thinking "what if...".

I would love to be able to book our flights for early December but we have no control over the time frame for the visa so just need to sit tight and wait, we could be getting there around the same time as you!

I've been looking on the recruitment websites but the agencies have told us that they can't really do anything to help until we have a firm idea of when we will be going.

This is all so frustrating!!!
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Jamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really nice

Hi Sunflower7,

I came out here on my own almost three years ago now. Never looked back. Hope you don't mind me being nosy, but what work do you do? I came out on a 136 visa originally, but did my citizenship on Australia day this year :-)

Very best of luck to you, hope you find everything you're hoping to.

J
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

scrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the rough

Is anyone heading to Perth within the next 10months? Have posted on meet up forum. Relationship over and going alone. Would love to chat/meet up with others heading over there.
Thanks
WE are hopefully end Nov. Got a job and a house to rent in Beldivis
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 3:06 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

We have just booked our flights for a validation trip 14th Nov, renting a 4x2 house with pool in Kinross for 3 weeks. Hopefully our house will sell before then & we can just go the one way.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jamiem
Hi Sunflower7,

I came out here on my own almost three years ago now. Never looked back. Hope you don't mind me being nosy, but what work do you do? I came out on a 136 visa originally, but did my citizenship on Australia day this year :-)

Very best of luck to you, hope you find everything you're hoping to.

J
Hi Jamiem

I'm a nurse. Sounds like your enjoying life over there. Have you lived in the same place since arriving?
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi tawkins 1 & Scrappyhappy 8

Have your houses been on the market for very long?
Just decided to sell mine too.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:10 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi tawkins 1 & Scrappyhappy 8

Have your houses been on the market for very long?
Just decided to sell mine too.
28th JAN with No viewers yet! Boo Hoo
Dropped asking price by 25k too!

Last edited by tawkins1; Jun 23rd 2008 at 11:09 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:41 am
been here b4

hcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of light

hay there sorry to hear you are coming to this sunshine land alone but dont be sad there arfe lots of friends here , Perth is a truly beautiful place
tony
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Jamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really nice

Hi Jamiem

I'm a nurse. Sounds like your enjoying life over there. Have you lived in the same place since arriving?
The first place I rented was in South Perth, just on the foreshore off Mill Point Rd. Very pleasant and handy for everything and nice to be able to walk along the river if you fancied.

Then I moved a little further into the southern suburbs, to Willetton, fairly near to Vic Park area. Also very handy for places, but more suburbia. Still nice though.

And now I am in Prevelly, on the coast near to Margaret River. Nice little spot.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tawkins1
£25,000 dropped. Well i'll expect the worst then. Was hoping being a starter or possible second home it wouldn't be too expensive for buyers. Got to ring round estate agents today about costs. Let me know how you get on.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 10:06 am
Living the dream

£25,000 dropped. Well i'll expect the worst then. Was hoping being a starter or possible second home it wouldn't be too expensive for buyers. Got to ring round estate agents today about costs. Let me know how you get on.
Will do! Goodluck
Old Jun 24th 2008, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

Deb8181 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi me and my family are thinking of migrating to Perth.
Just going through the process at the moment with the Vetasses etc.
Been told it will take about 12 months.
Got a holiday booked in August to Florida before we thought about migrating to Australia so thought we would put our house up for sale when we get back around early September and then if we sell early we will have to rent.

Something I wanted to ask is that I am taking my pedigree siamese cats and wondered if you are able to get rented accommondation over there that will accept pets as obviously we will need to rent whilst we get a job and then enquire about a mortgage?

Debbie
Old Jun 24th 2008, 3:54 pm
Living the dream

Originally Posted by tawkins1
HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!
GOT A VIEWER AT 8!!!!
Wish me luck..... Gotta go & clean my house now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.