Reload this Page >

Perminent residency/citizenship question

Perminent residency/citizenship question

Old Jan 28th 2018, 9:24 am
Just Joined

danwheeler01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Perminent residency/citizenship question

Hi everyone,

I've been looking around online trying to find out if it would be possible to become an Australian citizen after 5 working holiday visas, 5 years in the country.

Is there a limit to the amount of WHV's you can do which would prevent this?

I don't think with my profession (photographer) i would be eligible for any other visas.
Old Jan 28th 2018, 9:31 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perminent residency/citizenship question

Originally Posted by danwheeler01
Hi everyone,

I've been looking around online trying to find out if it would be possible to become an Australian citizen after 5 working holiday visas, 5 years in the country.

Is there a limit to the amount of WHV's you can do which would prevent this?

I don't think with my profession (photographer) i would be eligible for any other visas.
No, no and no.

No you wouldn't be able to get citizenship if you could get 5 WHV's, which you can't. If you did 3 months specified regional work, it is possible to get a second WHV but that's the max. To become a citizen you would need to be in country on a PR visa.

The place to check for your occupation is on the official lists - Google should be able to find them for you.
Old Jan 28th 2018, 10:17 am
Just Joined

danwheeler01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
No, no and no.

No you wouldn't be able to get citizenship if you could get 5 WHV's, which you can't. If you did 3 months specified regional work, it is possible to get a second WHV but that's the max. To become a citizen you would need to be in country on a PR visa.

The place to check for your occupation is on the official lists - Google should be able to find them for you.
Thanks for the reply
Old Jan 29th 2018, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

You cannot get citizenship. You would need to be on a Permanent Residence visa.