pc advise

Old May 13th 2007, 2:05 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pc advise

[quote=arkon;4773446]
Originally Posted by Hutch

Cool. Yes they will do that. Thats why I only fit standard coolers to my machines I sell. one drop by the postie and kiss goodbye to half your innards. It's a good warning to others bringing out PC's though, If they do have large mass items inside the PC like coolers and big GFX cards it might be wise to remove them prior to transport and send them in a seperate box.

I benchmarked my machine using 3dmark and it came out in the top 30 machines of the same spec and un-overclocked. I was toying with overclocking it to get a better score but luckily vanity isn't my strong point and I prefur safe and sure.
Can't remember which mobo you said you're running - but I love the way you can overclock from within the OS now - none of this arseing about in the BIOS. I dabbled in overclocking back in the days of the BP6 and dual celerons, but I haven't bothered much since. That said, my current mobo, an Asus A8N-SLI Premium has that auto-overclock feature that just kicks in when the CPU starts lagging.
Old May 14th 2007, 1:02 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Hutch;4774065]
Originally Posted by arkon

Can't remember which mobo you said you're running - but I love the way you can overclock from within the OS now - none of this arseing about in the BIOS. I dabbled in overclocking back in the days of the BP6 and dual celerons, but I haven't bothered much since. That said, my current mobo, an Asus A8N-SLI Premium has that auto-overclock feature that just kicks in when the CPU starts lagging.
It's a Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4 and very easy to overclock. I too gave up overclocking for the basic reason that every 6 months you can buy a proccessor a lot faster than the one you have, and for cheaper than the last one. So now I just upgrade every 6 months or so. My general rule to upgrading is when the cost of a CPU twice as good as the one I have now for about the same cost. it's time to upgrade.

infact the last cpu I had was a 4400 x2 AMD and it cost $600, less than 6 months later I replaced this with a E6600 for about $400 and it humps all over the 4400!
Old May 14th 2007, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by aston man
...there was also a remote that controlled everything which was £600..
That's a bloody expensive remote control. Couldn't you just use the one that usually comes free with the TV

Last edited by yanH; May 14th 2007 at 1:46 am.
Old May 14th 2007, 6:02 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yanH
That's a bloody expensive remote control. Couldn't you just use the one that usually comes free with the TV
it shuts the bleedin curtains...i went to pc world yesterday,like you say i cant either, £600.i think its because it works everything off the computer like a home hub..

i had a look at the home theater,jeez there good,i think the projector was optima,the picture was crystal clear..even close up.mind you it would need to be for £1500.
for footy fans it would be fantastic,,it was like being on the pitch,,