Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PB - very puzzled

PB - very puzzled

Old May 12th 2003, 12:22 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by karawara88
And your point is?

Do I need a point we have had work both here and the UK and am not running back because I cannot find work here or make a good living, your talking down to me is laughable.

Old May 12th 2003, 12:25 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by young_lad
I agree - the moaning is in his blood

So, on returning to the UK, he's surely got to get his daily fix of moaning on ng's about the country he's living in. But, he surely wouldn't post those moans to this ng.... Anybody know where he might post them?

(I'm only asking because his posts rarely disappoint )
Have an opinion when you have had a life young man , now bugger off and get an education.

Old May 12th 2003, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do I need a point we have had work both here and the UK and am not running back because I cannot find work here or make a good living, your talking down to me is laughable.
Where in my post did it say anything about you runing back because you could not find work or make a good living.? My post was
Don't think for one minute that when PB gets back to the UK he will stop his moaning, its his hobby one that he follows with a passion.

Just think he is returning back to a country he has been away from for 7 years. Thats a hell of a lot of moaning to catch up on.

I for one can't wait to see what he makes of the UK on his return, after his holiday period is finished of course. !

On a more serious note, it would be interesting to see what he makes of it because of course we live here and therefore see it different, maybe after 7 years in Oz we will see that with PBs eyes.
The point being I would be interested to see how you see the UK after being away so long. As you will be then able to compare it to Perth.
Old May 12th 2003, 1:05 am
Bilbo

Default Re: PB - very puzzled

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Missed the point again pal , the pension is means tested you can have 2 pensions in the UK and get away with still having the state pension not here.
Your car any contents in your home and other things of value can wipe out your state pension.

Your proof or just more Dreamy Pommie Bull?

Old May 12th 2003, 1:10 am
Banned

Originally posted by Bilbo
Your proof or just more Dreamy Pommie Bull?
Not at you seem to turf your own information why not this?
The Australian goverment require all new retired expats to cliaim their UK pensions as this counts against the State means tested one as does any assets , the pension here is not a right but welfare.

Old May 12th 2003, 1:16 am
Banned

Originally posted by karawara88
Where in my post did it say anything about you runing back because you could not find work or make a good living.? My post was

The point being I would be interested to see how you see the UK after being away so long. As you will be then able to compare it to Perth.
My son never came because he thought Perth was far to limited (softwear Engineer ) , we have family all over the UK all are well and living quite well , we holiday in the UK and both had far better jobs there.
Perth is on a limb you either like it or hate it , its a backwater that we have grown bored of .
Even if you we could earn twice the wage here it would still be the arse end of nowhere , you have it .

Old May 12th 2003, 1:17 am
Bilbo

Not at you seem to turf your own information why not this?
The Australian goverment require all new retired expats to cliaim their UK pensions as this counts against the State means tested one as does any assets , the pension here is not a right but welfare.

Perhaps you could offer a numeric example backed by references?

Old May 12th 2003, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

My son never came because he thought Perth was far to limited (softwear Engineer ) , we have family all over the UK all are well and living quite well , we holiday in the UK and both had far better jobs there.
I have family in USA who have family here and holidayed here, yet when they returned to live after 15 years in US they could not settle, the UK they remembered was not the UK they found on their return.

Your point of having family here all doing quite well makes no difference, as this is what they know and most probably love. You on the other hand have experienced a different way of life and climatised to it.

Just interested to know how you find the UK in a few years back in the old place.
Old May 12th 2003, 1:24 am
Banned

Perhaps you could offer a numeric example backed by references?

Why do have to do your leg work I thought you were all knowing?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/1868598.stm

http://www.britishpensions.org.au/

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...tores/cis0210/$File/cis0210en.pdf

PS have a read and call back nice to know that I can be of help?

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 12th 2003 at 1:27 am.
Old May 12th 2003, 1:43 am
Bilbo

Why do have to do your leg work I thought you were all knowing?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/1868598.stm

http://www.britishpensions.org.au/

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...tores/cis0210/$File/cis0210en.pdf

PS have a read and call back nice to know that I can be of help?

Thanks kindly for the interesting and useful facts. Depending on individual circumstances, the UK / Aus pension entitlements could make a compelling case for moving to one or other country.

PS: your leg work is better than your mouth work.

Old May 12th 2003, 1:45 am
Banned

Thanks kindly for the interesting and useful facts. Depending on individual circumstances, the UK / Aus pension entitlements could make a compelling case for moving to one or other country.

PS: your leg work is better than your mouth work.
Watch it thats sounds a bit friendly , now that would upset the punters?