Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

passport renewal

passport renewal

Old May 31st 2010, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

accrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to all
Question passport renewal

Hi Folks, I sent my son's british passport for renewal 4 weeks ago. We travel back to the uk for a holiday on thursday night (4th June). I called the customer service number and they have given me a tracking number for Australia Post's Platinum express post service and informed me that the passport is on it's way. My question is this....does anyone know which service is used to send the passport from new zealand to aus and how long it takes? Once the passport hits Aus then it is guaranteed next day delivery but if it is sent regular airmail from new zealand that could be too late! AAARRGGGHHH.....I'm panicking and I've no fingernails left....hope this made sense. Any info anyone?
Old May 31st 2010, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: passport renewal

Originally Posted by accrington stanley
Hi Folks, I sent my son's british passport for renewal 4 weeks ago. We travel back to the uk for a holiday on thursday night (4th June). I called the customer service number and they have given me a tracking number for Australia Post's Platinum express post service and informed me that the passport is on it's way. My question is this....does anyone know which service is used to send the passport from new zealand to aus and how long it takes? Once the passport hits Aus then it is guaranteed next day delivery but if it is sent regular airmail from new zealand that could be too late! AAARRGGGHHH.....I'm panicking and I've no fingernails left....hope this made sense. Any info anyone?
Our UK passports had a very quick turnaround (interview 15/4, passports received 5/5). Sorry, no idea how it got from NZ to Australia. It was an Australia Post Platinum delivery to our house, although I was out when it was delivered and had to go to a post office to pick it up. Hope you have some luck with the helpline and that your passport turns up.
Old May 31st 2010, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

accrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to all

Originally Posted by HelenTD
Our UK passports had a very quick turnaround (interview 15/4, passports received 5/5). Sorry, no idea how it got from NZ to Australia. It was an Australia Post Platinum delivery to our house, although I was out when it was delivered and had to go to a post office to pick it up. Hope you have some luck with the helpline and that your passport turns up.
Thankyou Helen, I guess it's in the hands of the universe now! Just don't want to have to change the booking and fork out $300......I'd rather spend it on Bisto and Hula Hoops
Old May 31st 2010, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou Helen, I guess it's in the hands of the universe now! Just don't want to have to change the booking and fork out $300......I'd rather spend it on Bisto and Hula Hoops
We're travelling this Friday too, and it was going to be a huge extra cost to change the flights. We had our Australian passports, but I've never travelled without the UK ones, it just wouldn't feel right. After 12 years away, I don't know which shop to head to first. I just hope that my favourites are still in business.
Old May 31st 2010, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

From memory I think they use Australia Air Express to send it, usually get it a day or two after it's been sent.
Old May 31st 2010, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by canadaeh
From memory I think they use Australia Air Express to send it, usually get it a day or two after it's been sent.
I hope you're right. I'm off work today so I'll be entering the tracking number into the website every hour to see if it's got to Oz yet
Old Jun 1st 2010, 3:44 am
Just Joined

Hooray! It's in Strawberry Hills NSW which means it will be in my hands tomorrow! Phew can relax now and grow my nails again. That is bloody fast though considering it was sent from NZ yesterday morning. Thanks for the replies people......
Old Jun 1st 2010, 4:00 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Hooray! It's in Strawberry Hills NSW which means it will be in my hands tomorrow! Phew can relax now and grow my nails again. That is bloody fast though considering it was sent from NZ yesterday morning. Thanks for the replies people......
Lucky you!

Australia Post managed to mislay my UK passport which was sent by the so called platinum service. The tracking was useless, they had no idea where it was and had to revert to phoning around post offices near my area to try and locate it.

Canadaeh is correct, they use Australian Air Express - during which time the item isn't tracked incidentally.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 4:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bcworld
Lucky you!

Australia Post managed to mislay my UK passport which was sent by the so called platinum service. The tracking was useless, they had no idea where it was and had to revert to phoning around post offices near my area to try and locate it.

Canadaeh is correct, they use Australian Air Express - during which time the item isn't tracked incidentally.
Have you got it now? That's terrible....I must say I never got the same answer twice. I phoned the passport call centre (soooo expensive) 3 times. The first time they said it was sent on Friday. The second time they said it was sent on Monday by Registered post and would take 5 days. The 3rd time they said they didnt know when it was sent and gave me a tracking number that would only activate once in Oz! So I called the Aus Post customer service. One lady told me it would be 3-4 weeks for renewal (which wasn't what I asked her), another told me it depended on which service they used (which I was asking HER) and one guy told me to get the High commission to call Australia Post to give them more information so they could find it! Yeah right! Should have asked on here first and saved the bother cos I got the right answer immediately.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 4:39 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Have you got it now?
Yes I got it back...but the Australia Post staff I spoke to on the phone were rude, unhelpful & in fact plain old liars! Long story...but suffice to say, platinum service is a joke IMO!
Old Jun 1st 2010, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Yes I got it back...but the Australia Post staff I spoke to on the phone were rude, unhelpful & in fact plain old liars! Long story...but suffice to say, platinum service is a joke IMO!
At least you wont have to deal with it for another 10 years now... unless you lose it. lol