Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Partner Migration Booklet

Partner Migration Booklet

Old Oct 29th 2001, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

For those of you who are new to the partner migration game I have a bit of advice:

The partner migration booklet does not contain

* Form 80 (character checking)
* Medical forms
* Police clearance form for Australia, or sheet which tells you how to get international police clearance checks
* Form 888s (stat decs for friends/family)

Maybe the person who sold you your booklet was a little more helpful than the person I got mine from, and they told you about these forms, but I had to -
go back to DIMA for one
download one from website
ring up and ask for one to be posted
and be given one at interview before I had everything.

I recommend asking for all of these forms, I guess they could be different for offshore applications, so just make sure you have everything.

It might be a ploy to filter out the dedicated and genuine from the phonies, but they just seem to be very vague in the booklet, don't expect much more than is on the DIMA website.

Nara
Old Oct 30th 2001, 12:16 am
E.G.

Thanks Nara! Good info. As a note, my booklet was purchased from the Sydney office of
DIMA and it did come with all the forms you mentioned. However, my girlfriend sent
the entire package to me and then I found out that the form 80 (personal referances)
was for her to have filled out from people over there, not for me as I am not
required to get from here in the U S.

And of course , she has to fill out HER forms and get them to me to be filed with
mine when I file MY forms. Also, when I tryed to get a 'certified copy ' of my
passport, I found out no one would make one for me so I called the L A office here in
the U S, and they told me I didn't need it (even thow in the booklet, its the very
first thing the want?) and I would be asked to supply the real thing later...wierd.
It also states that I would be informed as to when to supply the medical report and
police report. NOt nessasarily true, when I asked about that, they said ,NO,go aghead
and send them in with the application and not to wait to be asked. (they bend there
own rules!)

Sounds like you had quite a time getting together all the info you need, and I
addmitt, it is very frustrating not getting all the facts straight when they
themselfs change the rules!

Well, thats a bit of MY story. Hope I havent' confused any one, but,,you may need to
get used to being confused..hehehheh

Cheers, Ellis

G"Day! check my webpage at: community.webtv.net/eldenton/HELLO

Old Oct 31st 2001, 4:22 am
Tdunf

[email protected] (E.G.)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

i'm canadian, and am on my way to oz to get married. does what you guys are talking
about concern me, or is this different? i'm looking at being able to work down there
asap. can that happen on a PR or is there more involved? any advice would help.

cheers
    >