Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Packing leatherman etc?

Packing leatherman etc?

Old Jun 17th 2010, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Pozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nice
Default Packing leatherman etc?

Im planning on being in Oz quite a few weeks before my things get there and have been wondering if I can bring a leatherman/swiss army knife in my case??

I know its a no go in my hand luggage but not sure about my case.

I dont want to risk losing it at customs as it has some sentimental value as well as being expensive.

Any thoughts?
Old Jun 17th 2010, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

russell8910 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Packing leatherman etc?

Pozz,

The airlines say that there must not be any weapons in the hand luggage as you say and generally in your "hold luggage" is acceptable. But to confirm this I suggest you call the airline and check. You may also have to tell customs in Aus when you fill the declaration form in!!!
Old Jun 17th 2010, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

I fly quite often around Australia and always carry a Leatherman in my suitcase. Never had any problems at any airport.

As a Leatherman is not an illegal weapon and is on sale here in Australia, customs should have no interest in it.

Barney
Old Jun 17th 2010, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Pozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nice

Great thanks.

I just didnt want to chance it.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

A mate of mine declared having a leatherman to customs at Melbourne airport and they said not to worry.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 5:40 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

I accidentally left one in my hand luggage, and rather worryingly it didn't get picked up going through the security checks at Heathrow!

I remembered part way through the flight and was then too scared to get my bag down from the overhead locker in case someone thought I was going to attempt to hijack the plane with my Leatherman
Old Jun 18th 2010, 11:43 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
I accidentally left one in my hand luggage, and rather worryingly it didn't get picked up going through the security checks at Heathrow!

I remembered part way through the flight and was then too scared to get my bag down from the overhead locker in case someone thought I was going to attempt to hijack the plane with my Leatherman
Yeah you could pinch them to death with the pliers.... i use mine all the time i can strip down a q/s bed frame , just useing a leather man......mm