Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

P85...Where do I send it??

P85...Where do I send it??

Old Oct 10th 2006, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all
Default P85...Where do I send it??

Hi all,

We've been in Oz for a couple of months now and have finally got around to applying for our tax refund from the UK.
We down loaded the P85 form from the internet and completed it. Now we can't seem to find out where to send it!
I've searched the website etc....but there is no address!
Does anyone have any idea
Thanks,
Tanya and Dave
Old Oct 10th 2006, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

sg1964 has a spectacular aura aboutsg1964 has a spectacular aura aboutsg1964 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: P85...Where do I send it??

Originally Posted by midwifetanya
Hi all,

We've been in Oz for a couple of months now and have finally got around to applying for our tax refund from the UK.
We down loaded the P85 form from the internet and completed it. Now we can't seem to find out where to send it!
Thanks,
Tanya and Dave
Hi Tanya & Dave,

You need to send it back to your original tax office that would have dealt with your tax enquiries, they will deal with it and refund if applicable.

Regards

Simon
Old Oct 10th 2006, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sg1964
Hi Tanya & Dave,

You need to send it back to your original tax office that would have dealt with your tax enquiries, they will deal with it and refund if applicable.

Regards

Simon
Hi Simon,

Thanks for the info.
Do you know where I would find out where they are...?
I've never really made contact with the tax office before.
Thanks,
Tanya
Old Oct 10th 2006, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

sg1964 has a spectacular aura aboutsg1964 has a spectacular aura aboutsg1964 has a spectacular aura about

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the info.
Do you know where I would find out where they are...?
I've never really made contact with the tax office before.
Thanks,
Tanya
Tanya,

Your relevant office is the one that your last UK employer would have been linked to, they will be able to tell you which office to contact as well as giving you their reference.

Regards

Simon
Old Oct 10th 2006, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sg1964
Tanya,

Your relevant office is the one that your last UK employer would have been linked to, they will be able to tell you which office to contact as well as giving you their reference.

Regards

Simon
Great, thanks for that!
I'll get on to it tonight
Tanya
Old Oct 10th 2006, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

Crumpers will become famous soon enoughCrumpers will become famous soon enough

Hi all,

Thanks,
Tanya and Dave
Hi Tanya & Dave
We did ours a few weeks ago. Just take a look at your P60/P45 and look in the 'PAYE reference' field. The first 3 digits are your tax office number, the name of the office is on your P60's too.
Enter the number on - http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/local/individuals/index.htm and it will provide the address.
Hope this helps and my link works!
Claire
Old Oct 10th 2006, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crumpers
Hi Tanya & Dave
We did ours a few weeks ago. Just take a look at your P60/P45 and look in the 'PAYE reference' field. The first 3 digits are your tax office number, the name of the office is on your P60's too.
Enter the number on - http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/local/individuals/index.htm and it will provide the address.
Claire
The link didn't work - but this one does (just the same above without the index.htm)

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/local/individuals/

Thanks - been trying to find that out myself.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 11:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by marco121068
The link didn't work - but this one does (just the same above without the index.htm)

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/local/individuals/

Thanks - been trying to find that out myself.
Nice one, can never get that to work!
Old Oct 10th 2006, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Tanya & Dave
Claire
Hiya,

Thanks so much for that!!!
Have just addressed and sealed the envelope!
Tanya x
Old Oct 11th 2006, 12:08 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Hiya,

Thanks so much for that!!!
Have just addressed and sealed the envelope!
Tanya x

with regards to this tax refund, i have sent all my relavent forms and they have just sent me a letter saying i am "between jobs" altered my tax code form 535 to 258????? not sure what this is all about, but was expecting a refund!!!!

anybody any ideas?

mand
Old Oct 11th 2006, 2:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mandtooz
with regards to this tax refund, i have sent all my relavent forms and they have just sent me a letter saying i am "between jobs" altered my tax code form 535 to 258????? not sure what this is all about, but was expecting a refund!!!!

anybody any ideas?

mand
Mand,
That doesn't sound right we received a letter acknowledging receipt of the P85 and that we are to be treated as UK non-residents as of day of departure. It also says a refund is due shortly, although that was at the beginning of Sept - Any one know how long the refund takes?
I'd give them a call or drop them a line making it clear you are no longer resisdent in the UK.
Claire
Old Oct 11th 2006, 3:49 am
Just Joined

Any one know how long the refund takes?
Well after just asking that question, the postie arrives with a cheque from the Inland Revenue So all took nearly 3 months from when we sent the forms off. Although we did provide bank details for a direct payment into our UK account, they must have over looked that, better go post it back now for cashing!
Old Oct 11th 2006, 4:33 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Mand,
That doesn't sound right we received a letter acknowledging receipt of the P85 and that we are to be treated as UK non-residents as of day of departure. It also says a refund is due shortly, although that was at the beginning of Sept - Any one know how long the refund takes?
I'd give them a call or drop them a line making it clear you are no longer resisdent in the UK.
Claire

iv just wrote them a letter!
see what happens now.....................nearly as bad as trying to sort out childrens tax credit!! nah on second thoughts nothing can be as bad as them!!

mand