Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ozzie themed leaving party...

Ozzie themed leaving party...

Old Apr 19th 2008, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

BecciJ will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ozzie themed leaving party...

Originally Posted by Lee&Jade
hi there,
We had an oz themed fancy dress party and it was excellent. We had; Rolf Harris, Steve Irwin, a Kangaroo! 2 x Dame Edna, surf dudes, Shiela's wheels, back-packers, an aborigine!! rugby players, convicts, a Jackaroo, beach babes, Kath and Kim, etc.
Here's a few pics
Enjoy
Absolutely brilliant!!! I'm loving the seilas wheels idea!!- i hadn't even thought of that!! Watch out for my pics soon... !!

Thanks for all your ideas
Beccij
x
Old Apr 19th 2008, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

BecciJ will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ukdarren22
We are having an oz theme leaving party, will be interesting to see what people come up with on here, some ideas we come up with was oz celebs, ie crocodile dundee, kylie minogue etc. I know one of our friends is coming as a shark attack, I have no idea what that will look like
Just found a shark attack outfit... hilarious!!! I think i have a winner!!
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:09 pm
visa granted 6th August

stevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BecciJ
Any ideas on good fancy dress?!

I thought of having our leaving party 'ozzie themed' thinking it would be easy for all guests i.e. not having to shell out a lot on costumes etc... but now i want to look original & have discovered it's a difficult theme!!

Help appreciated!
Becci
x
we just had a ozzie theme leaving party last night it was a blast if you look on my bebo you will see the pics link on my signature.

steve
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Ozzie themed leaving party...

hi,
this is such a good idea. havent really thought about the party and it is in 5 weeks
can i just ask if anyone can recommend a site to get some oz party decorations etc. have had a quick google but if anyone has got any specific sites/shops they can reccommend that would be fab.

thanks
kath x
Old Apr 20th 2008, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone lives near a Walkabout pub, they do kangaroo burgers and serve proper Ozzie beer.

Sadly, our nearest one is Liverpool. Doable in daylight, but you run the risk of getting bottled after sunset

OK am bracing myself for a backlash from liverpool folk now. Am NOT anti Liverpool, just anti scarring
Old Apr 21st 2008, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Previously Sydney, Australia... now Oakville, Canada...love it!
Ginger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Ozzie themed leaving party...

Originally Posted by kjc79
hi,
this is such a good idea. havent really thought about the party and it is in 5 weeks
can i just ask if anyone can recommend a site to get some oz party decorations etc. have had a quick google but if anyone has got any specific sites/shops they can reccommend that would be fab.

thanks
kath x
I'm in Sydney so don't know what you might have where you are, but in our local Westfield, we have 2 of those cheap Asian run "$2 shops", and they sell heaps and heaps of Aussie touristy things, from T-towels, keyrings, soft toys, flags, wallets, drinking glasses, t-shirts, thongs, pencils, magnets etc. I have a friend in Canada who I send Aussie things to periodically and her kids love receiving them.

Don't forget the Aussie food too, make some lamingtons, pavlova, meat pies with tomato sauce, Anzac biscuits, just check the web for Aussie foods to get recipes.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Previously Sydney, Australia... now Oakville, Canada...love it!
Ginger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to all
Talking Re: Ozzie themed leaving party...

Sorry, just realised you're not in Adelaide until June....silly me!! Well, you could still have some Aussie food!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Ozzie themed leaving party...

Originally Posted by Ginger3710
Sorry, just realised you're not in Adelaide until June....silly me!! Well, you could still have some Aussie food!

may try and do some baking though...............it cant go too wrong though as noone will know what the stuff is meant to taste like LOL xx

kath x
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RenShen
If anyone lives near a Walkabout pub, they do kangaroo burgers and serve proper Ozzie beer.

Sadly, our nearest one is Liverpool. Doable in daylight, but you run the risk of getting bottled after sunset

OK am bracing myself for a backlash from liverpool folk now. Am NOT anti Liverpool, just anti scarring

minibelle

Last edited by minibelle; Apr 22nd 2008 at 10:43 pm.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

No, honestly, I do like Liverpool!! I work there and even my friends avoid that area at night as there is a LOT of trouble.

On a night out we start at Peter Kavanaghs in Toxteth and walk into town via the various bars (including the Pilgrim) that are along the way.

Friends?:embaressed_smile:
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 3:41 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BecciJ
Any ideas on good fancy dress?!

I thought of having our leaving party 'ozzie themed' thinking it would be easy for all guests i.e. not having to shell out a lot on costumes etc... but now i want to look original & have discovered it's a difficult theme!!

Help appreciated!
Becci
x
Attach a load of corks to a hat and wear a pair of handcuffs!
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RenShen
No, honestly, I do like Liverpool!! I work there and even my friends avoid that area at night as there is a LOT of trouble.

On a night out we start at Peter Kavanaghs in Toxteth and walk into town via the various bars (including the Pilgrim) that are along the way.

Friends?:embaressed_smile:
I was only joking , i live in Maghull so it's not exactly dangerous living. couldn't resist

minibelle