Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Over the counter medications

Over the counter medications

Old Jan 12th 2004, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

shedu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OTC meds

Many thanks everyone - all very helpful.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Over the counter medications

hi there,

i have just got myself a job in Perth ( i am a pharmacist) and in general you will find that MOST things are available OTC in UK are also available OTC in OZ. In fact Oz has more thngs OTC than UK and therefore very useful as they have 4 schedules ( OTC, Pharmacy. Pharmacist and Prescription Medicines) where as UK has 3 ( all xcept Pharmacist ONLY - where the pharmacist have to be involved in sale) and therfore allows a lot more to be available in the Pharmacy. But if u r on reg medication just check if available over there..if u need more info pm me as it will be good practise for me as i have obtained all the books that the pharmacists have over there!
Old Jan 13th 2004, 5:03 am
Goodpubmisser

The other thing is that yiou can buy in medication from overseas mail order that is not available in Australia.

I think the way it works is that you can bring in 3 months supply of any drug that is not specifically banned in Australia. The Man above is probably the one to ask as I am no expert. I have only ever imported vitamins that for some reason or other are not sold in Australia.