Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Our validation trip to Perth - a personal account. PART 2.

Our validation trip to Perth - a personal account. PART 2.

Old Jun 22nd 2006, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our validation trip to Perth - a personal account. PART 2.

Originally Posted by teza
Point noting though, if travelling to Marg, never take the bypass, may be faster (at times) but nothing to see. Go through Dunsborough and Yallingup, taking the Caves Road (beautiful to say the least) and visit Prevelly Beach to take some great photos!
Tez
I agree Tez. Duns. is a great place too stop over on the way through as well.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Hi FluffyTheCampfireSlayer

Just a quick note to say how much I enjoyed read parts 1 & 2 - we're headed for Safety Bay/Waikiki so it was good to read your review of that area.

... looking forward to reading part 3!

All the best
Karen & Co
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:42 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by teza
Working at a restaurant by the jetty I can confirm this, train does work but due to the damage done to the jetty by several storms and couple of major arsonists, the jetty can no longer be considered safe enough to carry the train. Constant political battle going on as to who will fix it etc. Train has not been used for 17 months now... and that shows in the figures on jetty visits. But I do agree, fantastic spot, the longest wooden jetty in the southern hemisphere, well worth visiting. I hope you enjoyed some wineries, chocolate factory, cheese factory and the caves as well on your way to the Marg River. Point noting though, if travelling to Marg, never take the bypass, may be faster (at times) but nothing to see. Go through Dunsborough and Yallingup, taking the Caves Road (beautiful to say the least) and visit Prevelly Beach to take some great photos!
Tez

No you are right, the train is now dis-used. I was making reference to what it 'must' have felt like, poor choice of words I guess! Whilst we were walking it, the staff from the observatory came whizzing across on a quad bike thingy - that made it sway badly enough!!!
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 1:34 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

You got any piccies yet fluffy?
Old Jun 24th 2006, 6:28 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
You got any piccies yet fluffy?
Will be uploaded this weekend to flickr.
Will post the link in my signature once done....
Old Jun 24th 2006, 3:45 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
thanks
Old Jul 4th 2006, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Fluffy.

Just wondering if you'd managed to get your pics uploaded to Flickr yet?

Cheers.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

PART 2

OK, so where was I?

Right, nuff ‘bout that – where did we go next? Well, we headed further south, bound for Mandurah, location of the Peel Inlet. Mandurah was very; very nice…we could almost see ourselves setting up home there. That was until we looked in a Real Estate Agents’ window and saw the prices. Think London Docklands – 2 bedroom apartment $1000000 +!!!!! Lovely all the same though! Also thought it was a bit far out if we managed to get jobs in Perth CBD. Another interesting point is that Mandurah is home to the other branch of Ciccerellos Chish n Fipps – the best I have tasted ever!!!

Would seem that Mandurah also has a bit of a nightlife!! We had a drink in a couple of bars and were amazed that Caroline wasn’t the only chick – and nope, not a pole in sight!!

Great post, I was particulary interested in Mandurah as that is where we are heading for. We did our reccy last august and loved it. even when we were sitting in Coccerellos with a gale blowiing madly outside. Great food in there (well we liked it)