Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Our reccie trip so far............Brisbane, G.C, S.C, and Redlands

Our reccie trip so far............Brisbane, G.C, S.C, and Redlands

Old Nov 29th 2005, 8:13 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Our reccie trip so far............Brisbane, G.C, S.C, and Redlands

Good luck in Sydney, gives us all somewhere else to crash on holiday... .

Come up for a dive anytime.

Ann and Graeme.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 6:10 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Good luck in Sydney, gives us all somewhere else to crash on holiday... .

Come up for a dive anytime.

Ann and Graeme.
Cheers guys, and at mooloolaba we went to a seafront restaraunt at night, very nice but too many italian cafes aong that row with not much difference in menu, will try the surf clubs next time. In maroochydore we went to a great curry hopuse just across from the sebel fantastic curry and a very busy place,.

alk
Old Feb 6th 2007, 1:40 pm
tedeschicat

tedeschicat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Hi Al
Glad to hear you are having a great but busy time - can I just disagree with you on one point? How can you call all the GC Suburbs souless & like Stepford? There are over 50 suburbs & I know that the areas my family live in & we are headed for are nothing like you describe! Ashmore, Labrador, Carrara.............. Okay maybe some of them can seem very "samey" as there are a lot of new developments but on the whole I disagree that they are all like Stepford. Okay they are all clean & tidy but coming from the UK I am wholly looking forward to that!

Claire
Hi..We too are hoping to activate our visa's in june of this year.. Hoping to go to the Gold Coast any info you have on certain area's would be really great! It will be our first time over and we are starting to get alittle scared on where is good etc!!.. We have 2 children aged 9 and 6. I'M a hairdresser by trade and my Hubby is in retail.. No jobs as yet so it's all about our home work before we go.. Any advice would be fantastic.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 1:48 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tedeschicat
Hi..We too are hoping to activate our visa's in june of this year.. Hoping to go to the Gold Coast any info you have on certain area's would be really great! It will be our first time over and we are starting to get alittle scared on where is good etc!!.. We have 2 children aged 9 and 6. I'M a hairdresser by trade and my Hubby is in retail.. No jobs as yet so it's all about our home work before we go.. Any advice would be fantastic.
ask about and start your own threads on this forum.

dont ask me abiut the gold coast as i dont know enough to answer you on how good it is.
There are loads of helpful people if you ask for help in that area all expats and some natives too

good luck and it is all lovely generally , its just a matter of taste where you end up

have a good adventure and dont tie yourself down too early before youve had a good look art areas and get to know the place first, get a lay of the land and feel settled then move out of the rental into somewhere of your own if that floats yer boat

good luck and most of all enjoy every minute
al
Old Feb 6th 2007, 2:07 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Our reccie trip so far............Brisbane, G.C, S.C, and Redlands

[ alk[/QUOTE]

Hey !! Great post |Al, you sound sooooooooo busy.

All the best for the rest of the trip...

Dave
Oldham
Old Feb 6th 2007, 2:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thread closed due to its age! Al did his reccie a long time back and is nnow about to move for good