Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Optus against bt

Optus against bt

Old Aug 21st 2013, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

shycouple2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Optus against bt

My Daughter is in Brisbane on the Optus network (Mobile).

I'm on UK on BT landline.

Why when I ring her mobile she has to pay to receive my call.......But when she rings me via her landline to O2 my mobile, it does not cost me a penny.

Is there anywhere we can get around her using minutes and credits when receiving my call ?
Old Aug 21st 2013, 2:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Optus against bt

Originally Posted by shycouple2009

Why when I ring her mobile she has to pay to receive my call.......But when she rings me via her landline to O2 my mobile, it does not cost me a penny.

Is there anywhere we can get around her using minutes and credits when receiving my call ?
Both use smartphones with an App like viber and talk for free?
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 5:55 am
Just Joined

Sully1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Advise your Daughter to leave Optus if at all possible and take up a no contract offer from ALDI or Amaysim. The cost will be reduced.
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 7:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh is that new? I don't recall ever having to pay to receive a call on my mobile unless I was overseas on international roaming and then, of course it was like haemorrhaging money.
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

alexswift is just really nicealexswift is just really nicealexswift is just really nicealexswift is just really nicealexswift is just really nicealexswift is just really nicealexswift is just really nicealexswift is just really nicealexswift is just really nicealexswift is just really nicealexswift is just really nice

Just use Skype Out and Skype Number and you get a local number to call, I pay $10 a month for unlimited crystal clear calls to the UK and back.

My friends call my UK Skype Number and I call my local Sydney number. However if I'm in LTE (4G) coverage zone I just use Skype app on the phone.

http://www.skype.com/en/features/cal...s-and-mobiles/
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

She doesn't pay to receive your call. If she thinks that Optus are then she needs to call them and ask that they explain the bill to her.