Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

operation huntsman

operation huntsman

Old Oct 12th 2005, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: operation huntsman

Just seen this thread ROFL We've only had a dead one outside our front door...not looking forward to a live one indoors :scared: I'm well prepared with spray and bat

Sue x
Old Oct 12th 2005, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

I had better not let the wife see this thread, I suspect the move to oz will be called off!! :scared:
Old Oct 12th 2005, 10:54 am
Banned

Widdi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really nice

Ahh

you soon get used to it - you get more hardy!

I remember about 6 years ago my first job was to treat the wood under a house :scared:

I crawled under the floorboards with a torch on my head - it was like the temple of doom!!

Painted over most of the redbacks - you could feel the huntsmen run over your jeans.

It was in WA so no funnelwebs - would never gone down with them about!! :scared:

There was a goanna though - cute thing about 3 foot long
Old Oct 12th 2005, 11:34 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Widdi
Painted over most of the redbacks - you could feel the huntsmen run over your jeans.

:scared: [no words needed]

I'd of been a gonna with the goanna :scared:

Presume with that job .....you are now an acoholic?
Old Oct 12th 2005, 12:03 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh

you soon get used to it - you get more hardy!

I remember about 6 years ago my first job was to treat the wood under a house :scared:

I crawled under the floorboards with a torch on my head - it was like the temple of doom!!

It was in WA so no funnelwebs - would never gone down with them about!! :scared:

are you mental?
Old Oct 12th 2005, 12:06 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
are you mental?
I'd agree!!! Hey but when we get to Oz and need our floors treated I know who to call!.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Oct 12th 2005, 12:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Stitch
I'd agree!!! Hey but when we get to Oz and need our floors treated I know who to call!.

Cheers

Ginny
Who you gonna call!?!?!

Ghostbusters!!

yes, well, anyway ....
Old Oct 12th 2005, 12:14 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Who you gonna call!?!?!

Ghostbusters!!

yes, well, anyway ....
HaaaaaaHaaaa! If I see a huntsman I may very well be shouting for the ghostbusters as I lay on the floor passed out!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Oct 12th 2005, 12:22 pm
Banned

Widdi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really nice

Ha ha - try not to worry

In uk you may see every spider as a scary little thing.

In oz - you see the scary ones and lots of "normal ones" which, after a while, you see as friends.

this is a cute little spider - a spiky christmas spider!

they hang around in the vinyards

If you live in the subtropics - you may get caught in the webs of these, sometimes they span complete roads!! (about life size)

FUNNELWEBS NOW _ I HATE THESE WITH A PASSION! I`m sure one killed our dog!

the whitetail can make your arm fall off! You have 5 minutes for the anti-venom before your flesh falls off the bone!

Last edited by Widdi; Oct 12th 2005 at 12:30 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2005, 12:25 pm
Account Closed

Ha ha - try not to worry

In oz - you see the scary ones and lots of "normal ones" which, after a while, you see as friends.

If you live in the subtropics - you may get caught in the webs of these, sometimes they span complete roads!! (about life size)

*whimpering*
Old Oct 12th 2005, 12:25 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Where's the ghostbusters! I'm lying on the floor right now!!!!!!!! :scared: :scared:
Old Oct 12th 2005, 12:28 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

It's the legs, it's the legs.....they're so long....you just know they're gonna chase ya

Can't you pull the legs off ........and then send us a picture
Old Oct 12th 2005, 12:30 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha - try not to worry

See that's why i only buy the bottles from shops already for me, and not visit the grape growers!!!!!!!!! knew there was a reason why
Old Oct 12th 2005, 12:33 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

then i scrolled back up the page and saw the last two photo's :scared: :scared: :scared:

*crying hysterically now*

and not with laughter
Old Oct 12th 2005, 12:34 pm
Banned

This is FUN

Right this is the best! - A huntsman taken by a local farmworker - it was in the canteen of the farm!

Thanks ROB Scroll Down

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.