Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

operation huntsman

operation huntsman

Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: operation huntsman

Fantastic!!!

My wife goes mental when she see's a house spider here so I can't wait to see what she will do over there.

Think I may need some Extra Large Nappies!!
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Poor thing was probably just thirsty, no rain for ages now, it makes them come inside looking for water, you should have offered him a
Offer him a drink, offer him a drink <said in a shrill voice >

I'll offer him me bleedin shoe .......if I can find the beggar
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hutch
lol - funny thread. My missus is shit-scared of spiders. One night she phones me up at the nightclub I'm DJing at, screaming down the phone that there's this f'ing great spider in the bedroom and that she can't sleep, so I have to bugger off, mid-set, to sort it out. I go into the bedroom and there's one of those long-leggy garden spiders, so I get a cup and a bit of card to scoop him and accidentally knock him on the floor. The missus fair shits herself and runs into the kitchen and tells me to get the wretched thing. Only problem is, the bed in our flat was exactly the same width as the room (made getting in and out of bed when pissed amusing), so basically - I had to dismantle the whole bed. Eventually find the thing clinging to the bottom of a rucksack. Rebuild bed, return to nightclub, finish set, vow to send wife for hypnotism therapy. She has got a lot better since, but I reckon she'll probably enter low-earth orbit when she sees her first huntsman.
What a good husband you are! My husband (also a dj in the Uk) would never leave a gig, regardless of my needs. Oh, I lie. He did leave his decks to lock me and my mate in his car when we turned up very very drunk and thinking we were entertaining. I had decided I was 'his dancer'. Didn't go down well.

Rachel
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:26 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hutch
lol - funny thread. My missus is shit-scared of spiders. One night she phones me up at the nightclub I'm DJing at, screaming down the phone that there's this f'ing great spider in the bedroom and that she can't sleep, so I have to bugger off, mid-set, to sort it out. I go into the bedroom and there's one of those long-leggy garden spiders, so I get a cup and a bit of card to scoop him and accidentally knock him on the floor. The missus fair shits herself and runs into the kitchen and tells me to get the wretched thing. Only problem is, the bed in our flat was exactly the same width as the room (made getting in and out of bed when pissed amusing), so basically - I had to dismantle the whole bed. Eventually find the thing clinging to the bottom of a rucksack. Rebuild bed, return to nightclub, finish set, vow to send wife for hypnotism therapy. She has got a lot better since, but I reckon she'll probably enter low-earth orbit when she sees her first huntsman.
Ha, ha....I've got news for you now then m8.

With the size of spiders out here....you aint EVER gonna get the time to DJ

You will spend all your time rescuing the misses......and building beds
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Steve G
Fantastic!!!

My wife goes mental when she see's a house spider here so I can't wait to see what she will do over there.

Think I may need some Extra Large Nappies!!
Ha, ha.....a commode more like
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RReed
While you are trying to find it.... here are some huntsman stories from my work colleagues:

One midwife has a husband who has perfected a technique with a tea-towel where he flicks and kills in one swift action. However, he did this in her kitchen to a pregnant huntman - she died and released all her babies (thousands) all over the floor. They promptly ran for cover and have emerged regularly since :scared:

Another colleague was taking a shower at a mates house when a huntsman decided to climb her leg to escape the waterfall. She freaked out (obviously), pulled the shower shelf off the wall and fell out of the shower along with the shower curtain.

Rachel
you know its funny but then it isnt. i dont feel well.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

One midwife has a husband who has perfected a technique with a tea-towel where he flicks and kills in one swift action. However, he did this in her kitchen to a pregnant huntman - she died and released all her babies (thousands) all over the floor. They promptly ran for cover and have emerged regularly since :scared:
Actually, I've heard this before but I thought it was scare mongering

Im leaving home .....yes....you can all laugh....just you wait

Another colleague was taking a shower at a mates house when a huntsman decided to climb her leg to escape the waterfall. She freaked out (obviously), pulled the shower shelf off the wall and fell out of the shower along with the shower curtain.Rachel
Why is it I can hear that orrible music from that film where that woman gets stabbed in the shower:scared:

Originally Posted by Rooksie
you know its funny but then it isnt. i dont feel well.
No. I'm not laughing neither. I feel sick

And now my legs are aching from breakdancing every two minutes.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:49 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

:scared: :scared: I wish I'd never looked at this thread !!!!!!:scared:
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Pah!! Scared of spiders ? Me?
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:56 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The A Team
:scared: :scared: I wish I'd never looked at this thread !!!!!!:scared:
Don't look at the next post......DON'T DO IT:scared:
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:57 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Steve G
Pah!! Scared of spiders ? Me?

Do they call you Frank aswell
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:58 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just spent the last half hour working out strategies to get rid of the f**king huge huntsman in our house - as big as my husbands hand. Took a photo and it has red eye - no joke. Would post the photo, but don't know how to make it small enough.

Anyhow, it can run faster than the speed of light and evaded any attempts to get it into a salad bowl. I was directing the action from the other room. Eventually it was chased out into the yard with a sweeping brush using a directional scare tactic.

Anybody got any good tips for catching the b*ggers without killing them? Guessing this is not the last time Mr Huntsman and his mates decide to lodge.

Rachel
All I can say is have some karma well done for getting it out eventually!!! jeez I am dreading my first encounter
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:11 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I have never seen a huntsman for real but there was one on Neighbours (necessary watching for all potential ex-pats to find out about Aussie life )the other day. My advice would be to try and get a saddle on it and ride it out of your house

I am not keen on many animals to be honest (except my brother-in-laws big gay lollopy doberman which tripped me up on friday and, I think, cracked a rib - didn't post that did I?). But I am not afraid of anything much except wasps which give me a nasty reaction. But I may have to make an exception for huntsman spiders.

Are huntsmen dangerous at all? If not then live and let live. Any enemy of cockroaches is a friend of mine.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 2:24 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by worzel
I have never seen a huntsman for real but there was one on Neighbours (necessary watching for all potential ex-pats to find out about Aussie life )the other day. My advice would be to try and get a saddle on it and ride it out of your house

I am not keen on many animals to be honest (except my brother-in-laws big gay lollopy doberman which tripped me up on friday and, I think, cracked a rib - didn't post that did I?). But I am not afraid of anything much except wasps which give me a nasty reaction. But I may have to make an exception for huntsman spiders.

Are huntsmen dangerous at all? If not then live and let live. Any enemy of cockroaches is a friend of mine.
I bloody hate cockroaches, and was bitten by a Whitetail a couple of weeks ago (just finished the antibiotics) - so I love Huntsman spiders - send it round !!
Old Oct 11th 2005, 2:27 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I bloody hate cockroaches, and was bitten by a Whitetail a couple of weeks ago (just finished the antibiotics) - so I love Huntsman spiders - send it round !!
You can be bitten by a cockroach???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.