Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

online computer component supplier

online computer component supplier

Old Jun 16th 2010, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

freakin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default online computer component supplier

can anyone recommend one equivalent to ebuyer in the UK?
Old Jun 16th 2010, 10:39 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: online computer component supplier

MSY are consistently one of the cheapest although the site is messy the phone service is very good and the prices very keen and updated daily. Collection is usually easy in my experience.

http://www.msy.com.au/

Edit - and then I should learn to read and notice that you were after a UK supplier. But for reference for anyone in the Au forum, this supplier link is still relevant.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

BudBrain has a spectacular aura aboutBudBrain has a spectacular aura aboutBudBrain has a spectacular aura about

I buy all my PC bits from eBuyer pretty much religiously, no-one comes close.

If I didn't buy from them, I'd probably buy from scan.co.uk
Old Jun 16th 2010, 11:26 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
MSY are consistently one of the cheapest although the site is messy the phone service is very good and the prices very keen and updated daily. Collection is usually easy in my experience.

http://www.msy.com.au/

Edit - and then I should learn to read and notice that you were after a UK supplier. But for reference for anyone in the Au forum, this supplier link is still relevant.
That site is truly horrible to look at.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

www.staticice.com.au is an aggregator.
I use the following, who incidentally are located opposite each other in Milton.
www.umart.com.au
www.gocomp.com.au
Old Jun 17th 2010, 2:36 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve2009
www.staticice.com.au is an aggregator.
I use the following, who incidentally are located opposite each other in Milton.
www.umart.com.au
www.gocomp.com.au
I've used UMART too, without issues ... but someone on here was saying they are a bit of a 'mare when it comes to returning faulty goods ... having said that I've just installed a video card and memory that came from them ...
Old Jun 17th 2010, 4:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/7?g=77

See which suppliers they use.

EDIT: they have a wiki http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/?tag=Australian_PC_Shops
Old Jun 17th 2010, 5:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zambia
That site is truly horrible to look at.
Yehp but very very cheap.... Computer swap market prices.

Should see the queues out the front of their shops, takes half an hour to get into them sometimes. Not kidding either.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 6:38 am
Just Joined

freakin is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all of the replies guys, this gives me plenty of choice. Sorry the question wasn't clear. I was after an Australian supplier that was like ebuyer.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freakin
Thanks for all of the replies guys, this gives me plenty of choice. Sorry the question wasn't clear. I was after an Australian supplier that was like ebuyer.
Nobody really like ebuyer. I have ordered stuff from a few only to get an e-mail later about out of stock or can't get it.

www.megabuy.com.au were OK and pretty similar to ebuyer and did deliver well.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Mwave is a place I've used before.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 1:17 am
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of

www.dabs.com
Old Jun 19th 2010, 6:03 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I've used UMART too, without issues ... but someone on here was saying they are a bit of a 'mare when it comes to returning faulty goods ... having said that I've just installed a video card and memory that came from them ...
Always use UMART myself and recently returned a stick of ram to be checked. All good, they took and will send to manufacturer for checking and let me know the outcome via email in 12 - 21 days.