Reload this Page >

Oil/Gas Engineer

Oil/Gas Engineer

Old May 5th 2017, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

compo76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oil/Gas Engineer

Hi Guys
We are thinking of relocating to Australia. My Husband is a Oil/Gas Fitter over here in the UK and we were wondering if there was much demand for this type of trade. Also which areas in Australia would be better for this type of trade.
Is there any main company's that dominate this market which we need to look at.
Thank you for taking the time read
Regards Jemma
Old May 6th 2017, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oil/Gas Engineer

At he moment, the same as everywhere there is not a lot of demand from the oil and gas companies. They have laid off a lot of local people in Australia
Old May 6th 2017, 6:23 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by compo76
Hi Guys
We are thinking of relocating to Australia. My Husband is a Oil/Gas Fitter over here in the UK and we were wondering if there was much demand for this type of trade. Also which areas in Australia would be better for this type of trade.
Is there any main company's that dominate this market which we need to look at.
Thank you for taking the time read
Regards Jemma
At the moment, no. Most of the big LNG projects have been completed or are nearing completion. The east coast will definitely need new pipelines in the near future but not yet. There is talk of a trans-Australia pipeline but that will be years before it ever gets going. As you know the O&G industry has been cutting back for years due to low prices and Australia has not been immune. There may be some scope on the ongoing Inpex LNG project in Darwin but I'm sure that there are plenty of local guys available
Old May 6th 2017, 9:28 am
Just Joined

compo76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there thank you for replying I appreciate it. However maybe I confused my post 🙈 I meant my husband is a heating engineer domestic and commercial i.e. Boilers etc ! is there demand for these ? Would he need to do training etc for his skills to be transferred over - I have read he would of needed to of done an apprenticeship in plumbing which he didn't. He has only ever done gas training