Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oh My God What Have I Done !!!!!

Oh My God What Have I Done !!!!!

Old Mar 3rd 2007, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

dexonsbabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Oh My God What Have I Done !!!!!

Although we are still in the thinking and talking about it stage and wouldnt go for another couple of years yet, we have ran it past our friends and family who are mostly behind us 100%.
The main problem we have is not only are we leaving family and friends behind but we will be leaving our kids as well. My partner and I both have 6 children from previous marriages ages 12, 13, 14, 16, 23 and 26 and I now have my 1st grandchild age 1. They have been told they can come with us if they choose but it looks as if they will stay here. None of them live with us but we do see them on a regular basis so we have got a difficult discission to make.
If we could we would wait until they where a lot older but as my partner is 40 this year the clock is ticking for us a bit. If we dont do it we will always wonder what if.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 9:04 am
AVW
BE Enthusiast

AVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kapri
The squares are karma. I have sent you some. Look in "My profile" at the top of the page.
Thankyou, Kapri,
Sussed it now

Anne
Old Mar 4th 2007, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

shelia & brucie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAMMIE DODGER
hi i'm new to all this
My wife and 2 sons (4 and 6) and I are hoping to fly out and start our new life in perth at the end of July
we have just had our police checks and medicals and are now just waiting on our visas to arrive.
why Perth?...well my wife's friend moved over 2 years ago and says that it is "nice" ....good enough reason as any!!!!!
i am a precision metal machinist (first class) and my wife is an accounts manager for an estate agent ...and my boys are at school
its just starting to hit home now and i am having to make the big decisions that i have been putting off!!!
what to do with the cats , how much stuff do we bring with us? do we rent or buy when we get there !!
luckily my wifes friend is going to put us up for a while so that should ease things a little...
both sets of our parents are getting old and frail now but if we dont do it now then we never will!!!
and we have our kids to put first now
i'm sure you will hear a hell of a lot more from me over the next few months
anyway write to you all soon
Ashley,Helen,Brandon & Cameron
I KNEW IT WAS YOU THE MINUTE I STARTED TO READ THIS MESSAGE!! HAVE YOU TOLD YOUR PARENTS YET, IF SO WHAT DID THEY SAY?. DONT FORGET THE CATS ARE GOING TO GO TO ANOTHER GOOD HOME & THAT'S YOUR NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOURS! HEY I WILL MISS THEM JUST AS MUCH AS YOU!!
DONT WORRY YOU WILL ALL BE FINE & BEFORE LONG AFTER BEEN OVER IN PERTH FOR AWHILE YOU WILL BOTH WONDER WHAT ALL THE FUSS WAS ABOUT & ALSO SAY TO ONE ANOTHER WHY ON EARTH DIDNT WE DO THIS EARLIER!!!!
SEE YA TOMORROW!!
Old Mar 4th 2007, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

JAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to all

thanks B + D see you in the morning
and.............STOP SHOUTING !!!