Reload this Page >

Offshore defacto visa

Offshore defacto visa

Old Jan 30th 2018, 11:50 am
Just Joined

sharpy96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Offshore defacto visa

Hi everyone,

I've just sent my application off for my offshore defacto visa (eeek), and think I'm good with most evidence. We have evidence of 12 month co-habiting, 2 years of being an official couple, loads of photos with us and my friends and family, joint invites, plane tickets, travel itineraries, statements, stat decs, the works.
One thing I'm a little worried about is the financial side. We don't have any bills directed to both of us as I didn't even know that was an option when sorting out all the utility stuff! I just put my name down as I wanted to get it all sorted asap because I'm a worrier. Our deal is I pay for utility bills and my partner pays for rent!
Also, as I'm a student (got that hefty overdraft and a free railcard with my student account!) we don't have a joint bank account. I have an eSaver that we both deposit into when saving for something (which I've sent in), and we are both frequently sending each other money (send in evidence of that too) as we share money so its essentially just moving money around depending on what bill needs paying etc.
Do you think this will be a major issue for the visa?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 30th 2018, 12:42 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Offshore defacto visa

Yes, you'll need to provide evidence of the financial aspects of your relationship. This is the most important aspect to demonstrate you are in a genuine de facto relationship rather than just dating. If you haven't formally pooled your finances then you should provide your evidence of your individual finances (bank statements, utility bills) showing you both being resident at the same address over the same time period.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Yes, you'll need to provide evidence of the financial aspects of your relationship. This is the most important aspect to demonstrate you are in a genuine de facto relationship rather than just dating. If you haven't formally pooled your finances then you should provide your evidence of your individual finances (bank statements, utility bills) showing you both being resident at the same address over the same time period.
I’ve got evidence of us living together like bills etc but we aren’t both mentioned on the same letter? So he has car insurance addressed to here and I have utility bills...
The main worry is that we don’t have a joint bank account but that alone can’t be a deciding factor surely? Loads of couples keep their own accounts, my parents have been married for 30 years and they have separate accounts :/
We’re always sending each other money and I’ve got evidence of that.

Last edited by sharpy96; Jan 30th 2018 at 3:22 pm.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 3:42 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Offshore defacto visa

Originally Posted by sharpy96
I’ve got evidence of us living together like bills etc but we aren’t both mentioned on the same letter? So he has car insurance addressed to here and I have utility bills...
The main worry is that we don’t have a joint bank account but that alone can’t be a deciding factor surely? Loads of couples keep their own accounts, my parents have been married for 30 years and they have separate accounts :/
We’re always sending each other money and I’ve got evidence of that.
You don't need a joint bank account or both names on every bill - as helpful as would be - but you will need to show bank statements, bills, etc.. addressed to each of you at the same address over the same timeframe. A joint tenancy agreement is also very helpful as is evidence of money transfers.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You don't need a joint bank account or both names on every bill - as helpful as would be - but you will need to show bank statements, bills, etc.. addressed to each of you at the same address over the same timeframe. A joint tenancy agreement is also very helpful as is evidence of money transfers.
Great thank you! We have a joint tenancy so should hopefully all go well
Fingers crossed!
Old Jan 31st 2018, 7:34 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharpy96
Great thank you! We have a joint tenancy so should hopefully all go well
Fingers crossed!
Mr Dreamy had moved in with me so his name wasn't on anything utility wise. We didn't have a joint bank account or anything with both our names on.

We used his wage slips, mobile phone bills, bank statements, anything from government bodies like the tax office, literally anything that had his name and our address on. We also highlighted on his bank statements where he had transferred his share of the bills to me.

We were going for a temporary visa, so I don't think the burden of proof was as great (happy to be corrected on that) but the stuff we sent didn't even raise any query about our togetherness.

I'm sure you'll be fine
Old Jan 31st 2018, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Mr Dreamy had moved in with me so his name wasn't on anything utility wise. We didn't have a joint bank account or anything with both our names on.

We used his wage slips, mobile phone bills, bank statements, anything from government bodies like the tax office, literally anything that had his name and our address on. We also highlighted on his bank statements where he had transferred his share of the bills to me.

We were going for a temporary visa, so I don't think the burden of proof was as great (happy to be corrected on that) but the stuff we sent didn't even raise any query about our togetherness.

I'm sure you'll be fine
Thank you so much

I’ve been worrying non stop since I sent it in which I don’t want to keep doing! Your reply has made me feel more relaxed, we have all that kind of thing so you’re right should be fine