Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:07 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
airtravel indeedy do

2 years? A bargain. Not my fault its now been extended - and in a good cause.

That's the case in a lot of countries.
Can we keep this thread not on a debate on each issue and if we need to do it in the style of the thread. like this.....

I don't like living in a country where the politicians and public are so thick that they think extending the duration to qualify for citizenship somehow makes the place a safer place.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:09 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by arkon
Your right forgot to mention......

The extortionate cost of international travel
The speed at which your money devalues here
The daft amount of time it takes to become a citizen
You can pay taxes but you can't vote.
You can come here on a skills visa but can't work in that skill for a while.
The idiots that think you can instantly sell a 50 acre farm and return home.
l thought you were moving to Canberra.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Can we keep this thread not on a debate on each issue and if we need to do it in the style of the thread. like this.....

I don't like living in a country where the politicians and public are so thick that they think extending the duration to qualify for citizenship somehow makes the place a safer place.
Yup, good one. I deleted my post as it is offtopic.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:11 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
l thought you were moving to Canberra.
Maybe when the farm is sold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:13 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=arkon]
[QUOTE]

How long has the farm been up for sale for. have you had any offers?

Last edited by Lord Pom Percy; Oct 20th 2006 at 10:16 am.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:18 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

[QUOTE=Lord Pom Percy][QUOTE=arkon]

How long has the farm been up for sale for. have you had any offers?
It's been up for a year and we have had 3 viewings! No offers.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:39 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Mullets, Cut then again i dont have one so i can laugh. Old biddies who try to work at Medicare and cant work a PC, Apart from that nothing.
Oops. The price of shellfish. :scared: Except mussels.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 12:49 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Bloody hell Nichola, if that means what I think it means, don't do it :scared:

Mwhahahahaha!!!!

(I'm petrified.)
Old Oct 20th 2006, 1:35 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Locals not as gullible as you? Perhaps you should advertise it in the UK.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 2:55 pm
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawk2005
Ubiquitous Vests (sorry i mean singlets-fine on women but on blokes..makes them look like theyve gone out in their pyjamas!!)

Stupid ZZTop beards

"Are you a Holden or Ford man" - wtf... Holden = general motors = shit quality. Ford = rubbish. Australian supercars - what a joke

"Flash" utes with twin exhausts/spoilers etc - utterly ridiculous

The need to call all national sports teams after furry native animals or give them stupid nicknames

Pokies

Those big fat noisy exhaust pipes - why do you want your car to be as noisy as possible - its about as mature as pegging playing cards to your bike frame so your push bike sounds like a motorbike but as you are 6 years old its ok...but when you are in yr late teens/twenties....just SAD

The victim culture - aussies love a good whinge - poor me & look at how hard done by I am

The word "battler" - read "loser"

Rove McManus & his fat blonde sidekick - is that show meant to be ironic by being deliberately unfunny - there can be no other explanation

Midnite Oil - how bad are they with that baldie frontman who is possibly the worst singer of all time

Steve Bracks - mr do nothing - the first thing he should do is get his adenoids fixed

Aussie trucks - a tortoise gets off the mark quicker

Blokes streaking their hair - aussie blokes...it makes you about as macho as Julian Clary...why do you do it??

With Every one of your points my smile was getting wider and wider. You are a very astute and wise man.

Was it with these bloody power utes. How do these blokes ever reproduce?
Old Oct 20th 2006, 4:22 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=arkon][QUOTE=Lord Pom Percy]

...but there will be little opportunity for nude skinny dipping and your ability to scare the llamas with your ample gifts when you are back in Blighty dear old chum.

Last edited by busterboy; Oct 20th 2006 at 4:50 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 4:23 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=busterboy][QUOTE=arkon]
Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy

...but there will be little opportunity for nude skinny opportunity and your ability to scare the llamas with your ample gifts when you are back in Blighty dear old chum.
that was for Arkon not you LPP
Old Oct 20th 2006, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Extortinate cost of (good) foods, like fruit, veges, lean meats, quality bread.

Inconsistent education system, pot luck teacher to teacher,year to year, state to state

Extortinate price of international travel

Ferals, Bogons, Hoons, Bludgers

Obsession with domestic goods like plasma TV's, playstations etc

Bushfire and Drought

Corrrupt police, politicians, organisations, directors etc

TV sport obsession despite fact most are too fat to do any

Getting light at 4 am, getting dark at 7pm (not applicable to sydney and NSW)

Needing a piece of paper, licence, permit to do anything

National obsession with kids getting cars at 16 and the parents who admire their hooning/death machine skills.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 7:58 pm
Account Closed

eatstatic is an unknown quantity at this point

The Oz is best/rest of world is crap, arnt we lucky little aussiemites attitude

recently arrived poms that sprout the above but with even more Jihadist zeal than the aussies themselves

Shit media, (OZ really should be ashamed of this)

Glorification of Sport above all else

Racism

Nanny state that makes Bliar look like a libertarian

Dead pubs, full of gambling addicts (pokies)

Americanisation, shopping malls, fast food, fatties everywhere

Houses are pricey (yes they are in UK too) still at least Uk houses are insulated and not made out of cardboard and tin

Flies

Kids driving V8 tanks

The F** You attitude to the envoironment

macho aussie blokes, so insecure with themselves, its so 1970s UK

Superfiscial consumeristic suburban attitude of the average aussie

People of 25 who act as if they are 65,

Blandness reigns supreme, its an awful place. I am 33 now, if I went back to Aussie now I would feel 60 within 3 months of that I am certain.

Australia is the biggest open prison/retirement home on the planet, suitable only for the most severe dullards or those unfortunates with that early aging disorder (cant remember the term)

Last edited by eatstatic; Oct 20th 2006 at 9:24 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 8:40 pm
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Niamo Robinson - racist bi**ch who presents the "current affairs" program Today Tonight.. more like racist bollocks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.