Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

Old Oct 20th 2006, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

Another one I just thought of:

People with nothing to add.

Originally Posted by DagBoy
All the f**king inadequate whinging poms who come here for a new life and then complain when there are aspects of said new life that are different from their old life.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 6:27 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Sounds a plan. How are the boots going?
\

The boots are nearly here! Currently being shipped. So exciting! I am going to have to go to China soon though, so thought a couple of days out there would do it so we can see the factory and make sure ethical issues are ok. We are assured by Aus Trade that they are, but you never know.
We launch at Sydney shoe fair just in time for the cooler months next year... And hopefully, as I've just put in an offer on a house today, I'll have a massive garage for storage!
How's you doing? Feeling more settled now you have decided what to do?
Old Oct 20th 2006, 6:31 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
\

The boots are nearly here! Currently being shipped. So exciting! I am going to have to go to China soon though, so thought a couple of days out there would do it so we can see the factory and make sure ethical issues are ok. We are assured by Aus Trade that they are, but you never know.
We launch at Sydney shoe fair just in time for the cooler months next year... And hopefully, as I've just put in an offer on a house today, I'll have a massive garage for storage!
How's you doing? Feeling more settled now you have decided what to do?
You'll have to send me a link to the boot website once it's all up and running.

A new house?! So you decided against building your own? Or is the house coming down?

Feeling settled ... Ermmm, no. I think that decision too more thinking about than the decision to come over here. And the results will be much more life changing. Though Mr GG is looking forwards to all the practising.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 6:38 am
Account Closed

You'll have to send me a link to the boot website once it's all up and running.

A new house?! So you decided against building your own? Or is the house coming down?

Feeling settled ... Ermmm, no. I think that decision too more thinking about than the decision to come over here. And the results will be much more life changing. Though Mr GG is looking forwards to all the practising.
I'm going to try to subtly advertise a little here when we're in full flow - Mr iPom is doing the website right as we speak.

We put in an offer on some land, which was being chewed over by the owner but then the bloke who owned it died and the land passed into probate (? right word?) and now there's will issues. We didn't find any more land we liked and then we found a house up the mts a bit more, with three double bedrooms, two singles, a blank canvas of a garden, near to a golf course, lovely kitchen, fabulous covered deck, dog friendly, child friendly blah blah blah, so we're just offering today. First offer turned down of course, so waiting until tomorrow to put in another. Softly softly and all that.

The practicing is good. Enjoy it now, cos after,...... Na, that's a joke. Really.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 6:46 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to try to subtly advertise a little here when we're in full flow - Mr iPom is doing the website right as we speak.

We put in an offer on some land, which was being chewed over by the owner but then the bloke who owned it died and the land passed into probate (? right word?) and now there's will issues. We didn't find any more land we liked and then we found a house up the mts a bit more, with three double bedrooms, two singles, a blank canvas of a garden, near to a golf course, lovely kitchen, fabulous covered deck, dog friendly, child friendly blah blah blah, so we're just offering today. First offer turned down of course, so waiting until tomorrow to put in another. Softly softly and all that.

The practicing is good. Enjoy it now, cos after,...... Na, that's a joke. Really.

I'll keep my fingers crossed about the house.

And you're not helping, Mrs! It'll be fine, it'll be fine (my new mantra).

Right, I am going to finish up here and head home for the weekend. catch you later, tater.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 6:57 am
Account Closed

I'll keep my fingers crossed about the house.

And you're not helping, Mrs! It'll be fine, it'll be fine (my new mantra).

Right, I am going to finish up here and head home for the weekend. catch you later, tater.

You're right, it will be fine! Best of all, you'll have family to help you out. If we can do it with none and still survive, you'll be in heaven.

Have a lovely weekend. Say hi to Mr George.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 7:13 am
A mile High

Location: Noosa, soon to be the US of A (for a little while anyway)
rebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Olibeneli
OK here are the rules:

After this we need a thread for the official what I DO like about Oz Thread.

I'll go first with my entry below. At the end of a month we can see how many pet hates and loves there are on each thread

cheers

Its people like you, that do threads like this, that give us a bad name !!
    Old Oct 20th 2006, 7:15 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DagBoy
    All the f**king inadequate whinging poms who come here for a new life and then complain when there are aspects of said new life that are different from their old life.
    You have to admit, that Rove is a goat stroker.
    Old Oct 20th 2006, 7:23 am
    Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

People that can't help themselves.

(Explanation: I don't mind ignorant, stupid, lazy people because it might not be their fault. It's when they know they are but can't be arsed. Like a lot of the whiners as Dagboy says)

So - nothing at all that is uniquely Australian.

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Oct 20th 2006 at 7:25 am.
    Old Oct 20th 2006, 7:26 am

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

All of it
    Old Oct 20th 2006, 7:48 am
    Account Closed

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
    All of it

...today!
    Old Oct 20th 2006, 7:52 am

...today!

exactly mate

today i also hate my husband because he forgot to put rubbish out but i will love him again tomorrow

they're my hormones and i can play them how i like
    Old Oct 20th 2006, 7:55 am
    Account Closed

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
    exactly mate

today i also hate my husband because he forgot to put rubbish out but i will love him again tomorrow

they're my hormones and i can play them how i like
    Fair do's.
    Old Oct 20th 2006, 8:03 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell Nichola, if that means what I think it means, don't do it :scared:
    Old Oct 20th 2006, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by fraser
    Bloody hell Nichola, if that means what I think it means, don't do it :scared:

well i never!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.