Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Jul 28th 2006, 9:27 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by priti1969
hi dear,
well i am priti from india and very soon i m migrating to australia. i m experienced hair dresser as well as beautician . can you please give me the information regarding this job? i will wait for your replay. thank you.
[
?
sorry the job has expired but you can watch the replay on TV.

Suggest you view Seek.com for the new series

Good Luck
Old Jul 31st 2006, 3:11 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

OH is an IT Solutions Architect. He has been offered a job in Syd (incl super & limited bonus - ie not all of it is guaranteed) that is roughly the same as his basic wage before (a larger) bonus in UK (in home county town). It is for the Oz subsidairy of the same company he was for in UK and similar position. So in real terms is much less than UK, which we expected but (don't we all) thought it could be more given various factors/information.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

gidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud of

I'm currently working as a Training and Development officer. Can anyone give advice to wages in this sector (trainer/training and development/training coordintor etc) in Melbourne. Any feedback on job prospects for Melbourne in this sector would be much appreciated.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

bradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to all

Originally Posted by thebears
Plenty of better tax havens than property around.
Once again....ask asked by another....
Please outline for us all to benefit....
Old Jul 31st 2006, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

jo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nice

Any Self-employed Electricians Out There?
Old Jul 31st 2006, 8:54 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bradfordlad
Once again....ask asked by another....
Please outline for us all to benefit....
You pay the $10K tax advise i did then
Old Aug 1st 2006, 12:27 pm

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of

A senior manager in one of the large accountancy firms in Sydney/Melbourne currently earns $130,000 to $160,000 per year. However, family life is expected to be given up in return.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 12:31 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herman
A senior manager in one of the large accountancy firms in Sydney/Melbourne currently earns $130,000 to $160,000 per year. However, family life is expected to be given up in return.
Hey Herman long time since you posted.
Are you settled back there?
Do you miss anything that would make you want to come back?
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 12:01 pm

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cresta57
Hey Herman long time since you posted.
Are you settled back there?
Do you miss anything that would make you want to come back?
Very settled thanks. Living in a nice house in a small village with unspoilt countryside on our doorstep, good jobs with very easy commutes and most importantly we are now very close to friends and family. Thoroughly enjoying life and making the most of being a short flight to Europe and owning an apartment in the Alps.

Can't say that I miss much about Oz, especially now that all 8 of the close english friends we made there and have returned to the UK, the last 2 returning a couple of months ago. I still miss some of our Australian friends but we keep in touch by email and to be brutally honest they never will be as important to us as old English friends. Occasionally I look at a photo of my wife and I in our convertible sports car, roof down, on a bright sunny winters day in the Blue Mountains and I can almost smell the clean fresh air suffused with Eucalyptus. That's as close as I get to missing the place itself - remembering a few fabulous weekends in the Blue Mountains in winter. I could never live there again though - I hated the humidity, lethargy, sweat and suncream of a Sydney summer. That's probably just me though - I told my wife last week that I have had enough of our English summer now and can't wait for winter, particularly the ski season.

Cheers
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 12:55 pm
Account Closed

daisylilymum is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking to migrate to Australia in 2007. Not sure whether Perth or Adelaide. Both seem similar price wise. Will be taking £50k, but need to set up out of this eg car, bond, furniture etc, probably left with about £30k? Husband a carpenter, any ideas on hourly rate and amount of work? Me a nurse, again ?hourly rate. I will work part time 20ish hours a week as have 3 & 4 yr old.
Does anyone have any advice re Perth vs Adelaide.
Will £50k be enough seeing as we want to buy after 6 months.
Thanks,
Jane :scared:
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 3:48 am
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

I'm a Building Surveyor and earn around 100k + car allowances and benefits.

Mandy is a I.T. procurement manager and earns circa $70k

These are sydney wages and are both due for review
Old Aug 4th 2006, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

I am a Senior .NET developer currently earning aroud 90K (permie) per year which (I could improve upon if I wanted to go back into finance) is a lot less than I was on in the UK. I also work slightly longer hours here than I did in the UK but I think the quality of my time off is far better than it was in the UK so no complaints really also I find that my colleagues here are friendlier than in the UK and the office has a more relaxed atmosphere.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

The Old Trout is a glorious beacon of lightThe Old Trout is a glorious beacon of lightThe Old Trout is a glorious beacon of lightThe Old Trout is a glorious beacon of lightThe Old Trout is a glorious beacon of lightThe Old Trout is a glorious beacon of lightThe Old Trout is a glorious beacon of lightThe Old Trout is a glorious beacon of lightThe Old Trout is a glorious beacon of lightThe Old Trout is a glorious beacon of lightThe Old Trout is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dh1905
Hi everyone,
Thought it would be a good idea for the people not yet here in Oz who are researching,to get an idea of the wages paid here and for what job (and for the people here in Oz who just want to be nosey ) .As this is info I found hard to get hold of in the UK.
Although, if you would rather not disclose all your personal details, just popdown what you are happy with people knowing, I'm sure it would be a help.

Me- not working
Hubby- Carpenter on $30 an hr

We are on the Gold Coast.

Donna xxx

Me (Mining HSEQ - not FIFO) $165,600 pa
Hubby (Courier) $52,000pa

We're in Perth and reaping the benefit!!!
Old Aug 5th 2006, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

The Old Trout is a glorious beacon of lightThe Old Trout is a glorious beacon of lightThe Old Trout is a glorious beacon of lightThe Old Trout is a glorious beacon of lightThe Old Trout is a glorious beacon of lightThe Old Trout is a glorious beacon of lightThe Old Trout is a glorious beacon of lightThe Old Trout is a glorious beacon of lightThe Old Trout is a glorious beacon of lightThe Old Trout is a glorious beacon of lightThe Old Trout is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mick69
I was just wondering what the average wage for a First Class Welder would be in the Perth area. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Lynne

Cant answer for welders but we pay our welding inspectors $55 per hour for an expected 45 hour week (contract), which equates to approx $113k pa
Old Aug 5th 2006, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sassenach
Australia is full of one and two man bands in the building industry and i am sure once dale has found his feet he will be fine .I know here in perth there seems to be two different carpenters ie cut roof carpenters and internal fix carpenters .
If you are coming to perth i suggest looking up Dale alcock ,perceptions ,beaumonde homes ,BGC these are project builders and are hiring roofing and internal carpenters on price all the time .If you aare heading east id try and look up some east coast builders and make a few calls .
A good way to start when first coming over is to answer an add for a ''hammerhand '' this will give you the necessary experience to learn how to cut rooves in ,as i know its all truss work in the uk but here their is still a tendancy for each roof to be cut individually due to all house designs being differnt .This will prbably earn you up to 200 bucks a day but its worth doing and after you can buy all the gear and go out on your own and earn 2000 plus a week ,and its as easy as that
Can I make a suggestion that you go the roofing carpenter route? A friend of mine was looking for one last year and couldnt get one for love nor money. Even offered one company a blank check if they would do the work that month and still they turned her down !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.