Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Mar 29th 2008, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by jaca
i dont thrive on a big bank accout although you still need enough to get by...thats obvious... i would still prefer to dive everyday and drive a banger than make 60k a year and stress out to the point i have a sense of humour failure on a daily basis....bills are bills ..eceryone has them.. but the more you earn, the more you spend on unecessary crap like fancy cars and fancy houses and decor...just like the uk only they do it to compensate for the shitey weather and bugger all to do syndrome that has swept through the country along with all the illegal immigrants and terror ! i'll take my skint diving ass in oz every day of the year over that crap !
WELL SAID THAT MAN
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:22 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

i dont thrive on a big bank accout although you still need enough to get by...thats obvious... i would still prefer to dive everyday and drive a banger than make 60k a year and stress out to the point i have a sense of humour failure on a daily basis....bills are bills ..eceryone has them.. but the more you earn, the more you spend on unecessary crap like fancy cars and fancy houses and decor...just like the uk only they do it to compensate for the shitey weather and bugger all to do syndrome that has swept through the country along with all the illegal immigrants and terror ! i'll take my skint diving ass in oz every day of the year over that crap !

My sentiments exactly
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:52 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Conrad242
my friend is a financial analyst, and after 3 years is really sick of australia earning 47 k$, in europe he had much better life, salary lot of jobs in his profession, first job he found after 6 months for 40 k$, next one, for 45 k$ but got payrise and earns 47k$ now, and his girlfriend works for 15$/h; costs of living here are high and their earnings are low;
There are more factors in this case as:

1 47K is more AP/AR rate than financial analyst (60K +) . Therefore either they are a plonka or they have exaggerated their job description.
2 We are not in Europe
3 first job after 6 months???? in near 4% unemployment environment?
4 Checkout ladies in Aldi earn $20 per hour
5 Our baby sitter $15 per hour
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:57 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
There are more factors in this case as:

1 47K is more AP/AR rate than financial analyst (60K +) . Therefore either they are a plonka or they have exaggerated their job description.
2 We are not in Europe
3 first job after 6 months???? in near 4% unemployment environment?
4 Checkout ladies in Aldi earn $20 per hour
5 Our baby sitter $15 per hour
Hi Geelong Gent,
Looks like I'll be heading to Aldi for a part time job!
Cheers!
Irish Gal
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

jaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nice

me too ! i dont mind how i make 1000 bucks a week !
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Hi Geelong Gent,
Cheers!
Irish Gal

Aldi store managers get over 120,000 bucks per year... try that instead

BTW, you will find it hard to get a job at Aldi, as there are lots of people with a lot of Aus experience that apply for each job.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:52 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Hi Geelong Gent,
Cheers!
Irish Gal
Thinking of sending the wife there too
Old Mar 30th 2008, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Conrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of light

4% unemployment rate in Oz, fantastic, last Friday I found a vacancy, I emailed my cv, and few hours later I got it:

We have reviewed your recent application and resume. However, due to the quality and quantity of responses received we will not be progressing with your application at present.

We will retain your details on our database and will contact you should anything suitable become available in the future.

Regards

now I copy and paste somebody's experience, another forum:

1. have been here a yr now ,got married done the travel bit ,now living in the Macarther region of sydney and finding it sooooooooooooo hard to get work ..lots negativitie from employers and job agents ..

i have bags of experience in supervisor ,positions ,retail all levels insurance ,reception,admin,basic comp work ,building trade (my family bac hm had own building co so did lots admin an on site work.)working with puplic ,customer service ..

2. Sorry to hear you are having troubles finding work, i was always lead to believe that Sydney & suburbs was easy to obtain work.
I had the same here on the Central Coast (have done many retail management positions back home) my first job here in oz which was in admin took me 6months to get, which i started last April and then got laid off in November as the company laid off quite a few as they have hard times.
I am now looking for work and only had one interview so far which was yesturday

3. You are not the only one who is finding it hard to find permanent work
I have applied for dozens of jobs I no that I can do.

A lot of employer's do not understand or accept U.K Qualifications & experience.
And it seems that you need a licence to sneeze in the country.

just click this:
http://www.********.com/forum/jobs-c...-need-job.html

not only me, lot of immigrants can't find a job here easy, not everybody finds within one day, and official unemployment rate is 4-5%, but ".. due to the quality and quantity of responses received we will not be progressing with your application at present." how many job seekers applied? if only a couple then a phone call and interview soon, but must have been many, "quantity of responses received "
Old Mar 30th 2008, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

Conrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of light

just tried to write that forum adress again but always displays ****** don't know why, any restrictions?
Old Mar 30th 2008, 9:54 am
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

Hi, Does ANYONE out there officially know what the average take home pay of a Paramedic (ACP & ICP) is in Sydney, NSW??
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

tscriven is on a distinguished road

Well said Jaca! So true, the more money you earn, the more you spend! I would rather have the outside lifestyle and sunny weather than working long hours, not to mention the stress that usually goes along with a high paying job and not seeing my family just for a big pay packet at the end of the month. I've come to realise that after working in London that there is actually more to life!
Old Mar 30th 2008, 2:04 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

4% unemployment rate in Oz, fantastic, last Friday I found a vacancy, I emailed my cv, and few hours later I got it:

We have reviewed your recent application and resume. However, due to the quality and quantity of responses received we will not be progressing with your application at present.

We will retain your details on our database and will contact you should anything suitable become available in the future.

Regards

1. have been here a yr now ,got married done the travel bit ,now living in the Macarther region of sydney and finding it sooooooooooooo hard to get work ..lots negativitie from employers and job agents ..

i have bags of experience in supervisor ,positions ,retail all levels insurance ,reception,admin,basic comp work ,building trade (my family bac hm had own building co so did lots admin an on site work.)working with puplic ,customer service ..

2. Sorry to hear you are having troubles finding work, i was always lead to believe that Sydney & suburbs was easy to obtain work.
I had the same here on the Central Coast (have done many retail management positions back home) my first job here in oz which was in admin took me 6months to get, which i started last April and then got laid off in November as the company laid off quite a few as they have hard times.

A lot of employer's do not understand or accept U.K Qualifications & experience.

just click this:

not only me, lot of immigrants can't find a job here easy, not everybody finds within one day, and official unemployment rate is 4-5%, but ".. due to the quality and quantity of responses received we will not be progressing with your application at present." how many job seekers applied? if only a couple then a phone call and interview soon, but must have been many, "quantity of responses received "
Move to Qld or WA and you will walk into a job.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

jaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nice

i have my hgv and was told that when i convert over to hc licence, i will be able to have 5 jobs a day as there are so many in brissy...not that i will do that....one good/enjoyable job will suffice. not a lot of jobs in cairns tbh though....unless chef or bacpacker diver....cheaper labour up there..
Old Mar 30th 2008, 6:54 pm
Has left the building

Regards

just click this:

Complete bollocks

You look at the individuals concerned and you look at the factors:
Interview technique
CV
Attitude

No sympathy

For each looser I have 10 success stories
Old Mar 30th 2008, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

dannym is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there , been doing a lot of research recently about moving to OZ , my mate just moved out to stay with his brother and hes loving every minute lol hes the same age as me and just finished his apprenticeship doing plumbing his brother does the same also , so he was basically guaranteed a job , my question is though , I'm a panel beater going into my 4th year and am looking to get out of here ( Glasgow ) more or less as soon as I finish , I've done the points test and have been accepted even with zero experience but I'm just wondering if I was to move out there what the chances of me getting a job would be as I don't have a brother out there who is a panel beater lol I do have family but none in the car trade , I'm just thinking along the lines if I was an employer would I be willing to take a risk on a guy just finished his apprenticeship and would I be willing to pay him the average rate for a fully trained panel beater out there , I've tried looking for an average wage but can't seem to find any , as an apprentice I get paid very very well because its a massive company so may not be worth moving , anyone with any advice would be welcomed , cheers !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.