Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Dec 17th 2007, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
What a star! This is exactly what I needed to know. Thank you SO much

No problem
Old Dec 19th 2007, 8:16 am
Just Joined

ukmailserver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IT - Nework Engineer in Brisbane

Cisco engineer $70 - $90k
Consultant $90 - $110

Both permenant roles. Contract only about 20 - 30% extra
Old Dec 19th 2007, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

lizzydripping will become famous soon enoughlizzydripping will become famous soon enough

Family Tax Benefit is payable to PR visa holders from the time they arrive in Australia. It is means tested though, so how much you earn determines how much you get. Here is the link [URL]

Hi Wendy - great to hear there is something we could claim as soon as arrive in Aus as I thought we had to wait two years - do you know at what point this benefit is stoppped [ what age of children?] thanks in advance.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzydripping

Hi Wendy - great to hear there is something we could claim as soon as arrive in Aus as I thought we had to wait two years - do you know at what point this benefit is stoppped [ what age of children?] thanks in advance.
Up to 24 years of age - which I would imagine is if they are still in full time education and dependant on you.

http://myaccount.centrelink.gov.au/w...h0bQ!!#7_0_6IF
Old Dec 21st 2007, 6:22 am
Just Joined

hopefuls is on a distinguished road

HI MY NAME IS PAUL,

JUST WONDERING HOW HARD IT IS TO GET A PAINTING AND DECORATING JOB IN WESTERN OR SOUTHERN AUSTRALIA??

I NEED TO HAVE A JOB OFFER BEFORE MY FAMILY AND I CAN GET OUR VISA.

IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A COMPANY WHO WOULD BE WILLING TO TAKE ME ON BOARD PLZ LET ME KNOW

THANKS IN ADVANCE PAUL[/SIZE][/FONT]
Old Dec 27th 2007, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

super mum will become famous soon enoughsuper mum will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dh1905
Hi everyone,
Thought it would be a good idea for the people not yet here in Oz who are researching,to get an idea of the wages paid here and for what job (and for the people here in Oz who just want to be nosey ) .As this is info I found hard to get hold of in the UK.
Although, if you would rather not disclose all your personal details, just popdown what you are happy with people knowing, I'm sure it would be a help.

Me- not working
Hubby- Carpenter on $30 an hr

We are on the Gold Coast.

Donna xxx
Hi,
Am looking to move to Brisbane with my 4 year old son and would apprecite any and all advice you can give me!
Thanx
Old Dec 28th 2007, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

cookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant future

will you be able to find a temp / part time job in Perth, maybe shop assistance? but the life will be hardness to live.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 9:05 am
Account Closed

tayella is an unknown quantity at this point

We are heading to Brisbane or maybe Townsville around February.
Im an Engineer of 22 years and need to start putting the feelers out for work.
Is there anyone out there who would consider giving me a go?
Im working with Fanuc Controls at the moment and turning to very tight limits as I work for an Aerospace Company.
I will do large batch "jig loading" production projects too.
I also have AutoCad 2D City & Guilds and like to make drawings.
If you would like to look at my C.V/Resume please do not hesitate to ask.
I will be entering Australia on a PR Visa.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read me.

Chris
Old Jan 1st 2008, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

woolmer is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

i'm new to the forum , we plan to move to brisbane in july this year , with our two children , my wife is a nurse , but really i need a job as she wants to work part time , i work in a large department store in london for the last 27 years, what are my chances of work at assistant management level and , i understand wages are lower but any idea.

thankyou
david
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

suzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by woolmer
i'm new to the forum , we plan to move to brisbane in july this year , with our two children , my wife is a nurse , but really i need a job as she wants to work part time , i work in a large department store in london for the last 27 years, what are my chances of work at assistant management level and , i understand wages are lower but any idea.

thankyou
david
we are thinking of making the move and as i am a nurse I will be the one earning to start with, i am prepared to work overtime etc. to make ends meet and hopefully we will go over on a PR so will be eligible for family assistance. Do you think a family of 4 can manage on a nurses wage? we will be renting and we manage to live on £2000 a month here in the Uk, so don't have an expensive lifestlye.

Hubby would look for work once we are over, he is currently in retail business management but he's not fussed what he does
Old Jan 4th 2008, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

hydeteru is a jewel in the roughhydeteru is a jewel in the roughhydeteru is a jewel in the roughhydeteru is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Paul and Chloe
There is plenty of work on the .net side but where I work we are a Java shop so no personal experience of .net here. We use a mixture of Java and Oracle, together with legacy systems using Forte, ProIV and some other minor systems.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul

Great to see your post My hubby's doing Oracle & he's good in Java too ... Are u still hiring?
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

kevwilson1982 will become famous soon enough

How much do they pay Diesel mechanics? Anyone know?
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kevwilson1982
How much do they pay Diesel mechanics? Anyone know?
Kev.............checkout this link

http://content.mycareer.com.au/salary-centre/

Last edited by markandgill; Jan 6th 2008 at 8:57 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

lee10ann is a jewel in the roughlee10ann is a jewel in the roughlee10ann is a jewel in the roughlee10ann is a jewel in the roughlee10ann is a jewel in the rough
Wink Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Hi my wife and i are emigrating to Brisbane in August. I am a gas fitter with 11yrs experience, could anyone advise me on what sort of wage i can expect and how difficult it is to obtain a Gas Fitters Licence.

Thanks
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

timmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nice

Originally Posted by lee10ann
Hi my wife and i are emigrating to Brisbane in August. I am a gas fitter with 11yrs experience, could anyone advise me on what sort of wage i can expect and how difficult it is to obtain a Gas Fitters Licence.

Thanks
hi there my husband and i are hoping to be emigrating to brisbane round about dec 08 ,he also is a gas fitter/plumber with 15 yrs exp.we have looked on loads of australian job pages/sites ,and anyone ,correct me if im wrong byt wages tend to vary from around $45000 upto $80000 big difference i know but with all the experience i cant see you struggling.
were still looking at obtaining the gas liscence but again anyone correct me if im wrong if you have your corgi registation card it should be easy enough to obtain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.