Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Oct 3rd 2006, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by Wendy
What is your profession and where are you going? I'll see if I can help

Just realised you are a Chippy and are going to Perth

Try these guys then http://www.det.wa.edu.au/training/em...tions-unit.asp

The TRA only assess metal and electrical tradesmen after they take up residency, which is why they probably didn't know the answer to your queries
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

Silver Smith is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy
Just realised you are a Chippy and are going to Perth

Try these guys then http://www.det.wa.edu.au/training/em...tions-unit.asp

The TRA only assess metal and electrical tradesmen after they take up residency, which is why they probably didn't know the answer to your queries
Thanks Wendy, I'll check it out
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

nikki1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok really worried please can someone reply to this thread..thinking of leaving sunny hull and heading off for a new life in oz. i'm a nurse and single and really need to know if a nurses salary in oz can support me properly.
whats the average rent p/m for example in a town not a city?
really want to do this...but a bit scared!!!! :scared:
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikki1978
ok really worried please can someone reply to this thread..thinking of leaving sunny hull and heading off for a new life in oz. i'm a nurse and single and really need to know if a nurses salary in oz can support me properly.
whats the average rent p/m for example in a town not a city?
really want to do this...but a bit scared!!!! :scared:
If you are prepared to do double shifts to establish yourself in this country there is plenty of work to enable you to do this. A fair few nurses, although double shifts does seem to be a male trait, do this. They end up earning up 100,000 bucks per year.

Inner city Rent.... (Where the most work choice is) circa 270 bucks per week... dead on average I would call that. For a very nice 2bed room lace or average 3 bed.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

nikki1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
If you are prepared to do double shifts to establish yourself in this country there is plenty of work to enable you to do this. A fair few nurses, although double shifts does seem to be a male trait, do this. They end up earning up 100,000 bucks per year.

Inner city Rent.... (Where the most work choice is) circa 270 bucks per week... dead on average I would call that. For a very nice 2bed room lace or average 3 bed.
thanks for that, it really helped. i work 13hr shifts now so its no big deal!
cheers x
Old Oct 4th 2006, 10:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

double post
Old Oct 4th 2006, 10:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by nikki1978
thanks for that, it really helped. i work 13hr shifts now so its no big deal!
cheers x

Give these people a ring, it will reassure you about wages and conditions, and tell you exactly where to go in order to maximise your wages. Without the leeches that try and employ nurses at lower rates on visa conditions.

http://www.australiannursingagency.com/aboutus.htm

BTW they have links australia wide.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 6:07 am
Just Joined

Lisa D is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by JanniDK
Hi all,

Just wondering if there are any of you working as Engineers in SA (Adelaide)?

Cheers,
Janni
My hubby is a forklift truck engineer in SA if that helps. On $21.50 per hour for a 38 hour week. A low income for a family of four to live on. I need to work but finding it hard to find work in admin part time. Most places prefer full time. We have been here 3 months now, we love the lifestyle but hard to enjoy it on a low income. Any question just ask...Lisa
Old Oct 6th 2006, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

seashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really nice

My OH is a golf course manager/ superintendent, I'm a soon to be qualified nurse. Do any of you guys (or gals), have any idea what my OH might earn PA?
I really want to go for it when I qualify but OH is reluctant to start back at the bottom and be told what to do (he'd rather tell others what to do)

seashelle
Old Oct 9th 2006, 1:06 pm
Ocean Reef

Location: Landed in Perth July'06 & now freezing in Melbourne! Brisbane Bound soon and lovin it everyday!
luchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud of

Hays...um yes!!!!!!!!! Well, in the UK Hays meant a different thing to me,(with all due repsect!) they found me a job!!! Here, I have been on the books for weeks and no response..not even an interview, even thougt I am told that I can get an executive job here!!! HA-HA-HA!

Originally Posted by natty
Hi Mariette,

If you want, drop me an email to [email protected] and I'll help you out from there!

Cheers,

Rob
Old Oct 9th 2006, 11:40 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luchi
Hays...um yes!!!!!!!!! Well, in the UK Hays meant a different thing to me,(with all due repsect!) they found me a job!!! Here, I have been on the books for weeks and no response..not even an interview, even thougt I am told that I can get an executive job here!!! HA-HA-HA!
sounds familiar, although replace weeks with months. I've had more correspondance from UK Hays trying to find me a job even though I have not used them for 4 or 5yrs. Good job the OH had his own contacts to get a job here (Sydney)
Old Oct 10th 2006, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Originally Posted by njk435
Sergeant Aussie Army $56,000 pa + allowances

I think my OH may need to get a job
spraypainter full contractor approx $700 per day before tax :scared:
Old Oct 10th 2006, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

Silver Smith is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wintersgills
spraypainter full contractor approx $700 per day before tax :scared:
and approximately what is the tax?
Old Oct 10th 2006, 12:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Silver Smith
and approximately what is the tax?
In this Country... that honestly depends on your accountant.

However I've got a mate that is a Spray Painter, and he would rather work full time at Aussie post, and sub parttime.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
In this Country... that honestly depends on your accountant.

However I've got a mate that is a Spray Painter, and he would rather work full time at Aussie post, and sub parttime.
ime full time contract 100% for companies tax is however good you accountant is and i work 12 hrs a day love the work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.