Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Sep 3rd 2006, 1:55 pm
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Yeah man! F**king great isn't it? If any construction person came here with 20 of his construction mates, they'd all get hired at the airport.
They would too,we need 10 brickies now and 5 labourers, we have over 2 million bricks to lay by next february and no where near enough blokes to do it
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

Kallie

If you are serious about being a brickie look at the site

citb-constructionskills.co.uk

We are desperate for female apprentices here in Britain. Depending on how far down the line your migration application is - you might manage to go to Oz semi-skilled.

Oops - just noticed you are in Holland!! Never mind advice is still good for anyone in Britain.

Jan
Old Sep 4th 2006, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

kallie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by natty
Hi Mariette,

If you want, drop me an email to [email protected] and I'll help you out from there!

Cheers,

Rob
Hi Rob,

Send you an email, if you need something else, just let me know!

Mariette

Last edited by kallie; Sep 4th 2006 at 12:21 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 12:39 am
Just Joined

sisvah is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: the official jobs/wages thread...Project Managers

Originally Posted by Herman
Over 70% of FTSE100 companies have a chartered accountant as CEO.
But the project managers are between the accountants aren't they?
By the way, How much can a junior Project manager expect? And How hard to find Junior Project manager positions? And is Perth Melbourne Brisbane or Sydney the best for finding Junior Project Manager work soon? I don't have enough cash to sit for six months looking for work. I do have PMI certification for the PMP.

Thanks in Anticipation.

Already have my citizenship.
You can message me and or answer here.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice
Unhappy Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
I am a manager of an engineering company on the Gold Coast. I work from 7 till 3, Monday to Thursday and 7 till 1 on a Friday and my yearly salary is $60,000 plus i get 10% of the profits at the end of each tax year and i also get 5 weeks holiday per year. Not bad for starters i suppose

Trish my wife is a lady of leisure now which is well deserved.

Hope that helps

Rob
How would I find out details, ref; similar work to yours in W.A. for my husband, please ? Regards Lin
Old Sep 5th 2006, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

justinandmandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sassenach
Bricklayer = price work average 2500 a week
OH , nurse = 1000 a week
hi just looking into moving out to new south wales i'm a brickie and my wife works in leisure. just would like to know what its like finding work and how much there is for brickies?

thank you

justin and mandy
Old Sep 6th 2006, 11:24 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by justinandmandy
hi just looking into moving out to new south wales i'm a brickie and my wife works in leisure. just would like to know what its like finding work and how much there is for brickies?

thank you

justin and mandy
Sorry i cant comment on NSW as im in WA and at the moment its like living in two different countries economically ,but if you was coming to perth i could get you the start straight away on 280 to 300 a shift on wages ,but as ive stated once you work for yourself on a price your income should almost be 35% to 45% more .
Old Sep 6th 2006, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

Sorry i cant comment on NSW as im in WA and at the moment its like living in two different countries economically ,but if you was coming to perth i could get you the start straight away on 280 to 300 a shift on wages ,but as ive stated once you work for yourself on a price your income should almost be 35% to 45% more .
thanks alot for the info , i usually work on a price here so is it hard to get price work over there. also can i come over and work for six months with out a visa! because we are a 2 and 1 gang looking to come over.
cheers
justin
Old Sep 7th 2006, 8:56 am
Banned

thanks alot for the info , i usually work on a price here so is it hard to get price work over there. also can i come over and work for six months with out a visa! because we are a 2 and 1 gang looking to come over.
cheers
justin
easy to get price work, but no visa no work im afraid .
Old Sep 7th 2006, 9:27 am
Just Joined

easy to get price work, but no visa no work im afraid .
our gang is deffinatley thinking of coming over we can get a working visa for six months so if we came over would you be able to point us in the right dirrection of where to look or come and work for you on a price

thanks again
justin
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:14 am
Banned

our gang is deffinatley thinking of coming over we can get a working visa for six months so if we came over would you be able to point us in the right dirrection of where to look or come and work for you on a price

thanks again
justin
i can get you work on wages no problem ,if you are coming to perth itll be just a case of looking around at project builders ie dale alcock ,perceptions ,BGC etc and asking them if they have any houses to build .
I would suggest though going on wages first to get the feel of the place as you will need to buy your own mixer ,profiles ,wheelbarrows ,brick barrow,and a vehicle to carry it all in.
Although laying bricks is laying bricks things are different here and for starters the guage is 86 mm witha bed and the use of profiles is far more prevalent here than the uk .Its quite nhard to explain really how different it it ,you really have to experience it .
Dont underestimate the heat here too ,we are going to start warming up here soon and we work in a hundred degrees here on a regular basis ,when working on houses and inside the smaller rooms the tempreture can easily reach 110 +with no breeze .

Last edited by sassenach; Sep 7th 2006 at 11:19 am.
Old Sep 9th 2006, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

i can get you work on wages no problem ,if you are coming to perth itll be just a case of looking around at project builders ie dale alcock ,perceptions ,BGC etc and asking them if they have any houses to build .
I would suggest though going on wages first to get the feel of the place as you will need to buy your own mixer ,profiles ,wheelbarrows ,brick barrow,and a vehicle to carry it all in.
Although laying bricks is laying bricks things are different here and for starters the guage is 86 mm witha bed and the use of profiles is far more prevalent here than the uk .Its quite nhard to explain really how different it it ,you really have to experience it .
Dont underestimate the heat here too ,we are going to start warming up here soon and we work in a hundred degrees here on a regular basis ,when working on houses and inside the smaller rooms the tempreture can easily reach 110 +with no breeze .
our aim is to come over and earn as much as we can from now up until christmas and send money back,this way we can get a feel for it and see if our families would like it over in oz.need to know is there subbies like in england who will give you price work and do they pay you per thou on the bricks and per metre on the blocks. we are a good 2and1 and we on average lay 2200 bricks per day and from 500 to 600 blocs but the prices here are going so tight we arn't earning the big money.we don,t know how much tax you pay on your wages over there, and is 300 the max you would be able to earn on aday rate to start with. chers justin
Old Sep 9th 2006, 3:12 pm
Banned

our aim is to come over and earn as much as we can from now up until christmas and send money back,this way we can get a feel for it and see if our families would like it over in oz.need to know is there subbies like in england who will give you price work and do they pay you per thou on the bricks and per metre on the blocks. we are a good 2and1 and we on average lay 2200 bricks per day and from 500 to 600 blocs but the prices here are going so tight we arn't earning the big money.we don,t know how much tax you pay on your wages over there, and is 300 the max you would be able to earn on aday rate to start with. chers justin
if your averaging 1100 bricks each a day regardless of what you do including piers and flashings etc i will get you a job tomorrow .Yes 300 is the max youll get here in perth on wages .
Alll the blokes who are on a price here in perth work direct to the builder .I personally do my tax at the end of the year ,but a lot of guys get 20% stopped
Old Sep 10th 2006, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

tey&craig is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
Saw your thread and thought i'd contact you,my partner and i are in the early stages of the migration process,we are looking to locate to melbourne,you say your husband is an airframe mechanic,i at the moment work for airbus installing hydraulic systems on the a320 family of aircraft,could you offer any insight into what the work situation is like in this industry,am a timed served welder/fabricator but would like to stay in the aviation industry if poss.
thanks,
craig.

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
HUbby is an Airframe Mechanic and is on $42k plus overtime which takes him up to about $60k. Theres no way in the world that we could survive on his basic wage - not in NSW anyway but with the overtime we're fine
Old Sep 10th 2006, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

debsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant future

Can anybody please tell me how much plasterers are on please?

Many thanks

Shaun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.