Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Aug 11th 2006, 12:58 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Hi Si,and everyone else!

This is my 1st post on this site.I have been reading this post and as you are in engineering and living in the Gold Coast,i was wondering if you can tell me what a Mechanical Fitter can earn a year and is it a reasonable wage to live on.
We have just been granted my 136 visa(as a fitter) and we are waiting on the house selling before heading to the Gold Coast where we plan to settle.

In the UK im a Mechanical Technician in a semiconductor plant and i earn the equivelent of $82,000Aus p/a.
I was wondering what sort of wage i could earn that would enable me to sustain a lifestyle better or the same as i have now.

My wife is a Nail Technician and if anyone knows roughly what sort of wage they get that would be a help.

Thanks in advance,cant wait to get over,hopefully by late Sept/Oct.

Brido
Old Aug 11th 2006, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Elaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really nice
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

hi can anyone tell me what a qualified baker earns in queensland?
Old Aug 11th 2006, 9:46 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine & Nigel
hi can anyone tell me what a qualified baker earns in queensland?
In our household alot of money but all the goods are consumed
Old Aug 12th 2006, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

greggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of light

Aircraft planning engineer with Boeing Australia. Starting pay of $57k going to $62k after 1 year (less super).
We have a Japanese student at the mo and getting $26 a day, money for old rope

Mark
Old Aug 12th 2006, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

Husband roof slater and tiler, I work as a youth training assistant in the construction industry during the day (supervising apprentices) and teach basic computing in college 2 nights a week. Hoping to move to Perth early next year. No idea what wages are like in Australia but I'm willing to change my occupation.

Jan
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

gidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gidxg03
I'm currently working as a Training and Development officer. Can anyone give advice to wages in this sector (trainer/training and development/training coordintor etc) in Melbourne. Any feedback on job prospects for Melbourne in this sector would be much appreciated.
anyone any idea?
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gidxg03
anyone any idea?

No - but if you get there before me - Can I have a job please??

Jan
Old Aug 24th 2006, 3:27 am
Just Joined

Poula is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
Our wage is crap ($60k inc overtime) but everyone else on here seems to be doing quite well!

Ours crap also $45 salery - overtime is unpaid. OH is Engine and Airframes fitter, we're in Vic. We've been here 7 months and I'm still looking for part- time work.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

daveroo is a jewel in the roughdaveroo is a jewel in the roughdaveroo is a jewel in the roughdaveroo is a jewel in the rough

if all goes well we shall be heading to brisbane im a plumber/gas fitter.any ideas on the kind of salary i should be looking for.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

peterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bradfordlad
Hi Donna and good shout.....
Me also Carpenter in Perth and wages for me differ weekly......good week,including a few hours Saturdays....up to $1500.00 , bad week.. no Saturday and minimum hours....$850/950.00.
Hourly rates can differ...know most are on $25/30 per hour and heard talk of some on up to $40 per hour.All say the same though...If you can make up to $1500.00 in a week you are doing well.
Hope this answers a few questions for some.

Ian
hey up bradfordlad,just read your notes on carpenter wages just curios as to what sort of work you doing ive worked both on the bench and fitting work bedrooms kitchens and 2nd and final fix wondering what pays better
Old Aug 27th 2006, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

peterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by floweroscotland
Great post to inform people

Hubby- Carpenter $30 an hour
Me - Retail $20 an hour
hey up just wondering what sort of work you doing for $30 ive worked both bench and site mainly fitting bedrooms kitchens and 2nd and final fix some shopfitting wondering what pays better and if you have to go self employed to get the better bung
Old Aug 27th 2006, 11:23 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Is it? I thought Australian wages were "crap." That's what people keep telling me. So I can only assume that $3500 gross a week is "crap."

After all, if sassenach and his OH can only survive on a joint wage of $3500 gross per week by "applied effort and sacrifice", then $3500 must be extremely "crap" indeed.
$3500 a week FFS thats loads
Old Aug 28th 2006, 12:27 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
$3500 a week FFS thats loads
I take between A$7 and A$8 K per week Gross

My wife about 1K per week Gross which is a more realistic "average" wage
Old Aug 29th 2006, 5:11 am
Just Joined

kallie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sassenach
Bricklayer = price work average 2500 a week
OH , nurse = 1000 a week
Are there any possibilities for a female bricklayer?
Then I am thinking of a career change
Old Aug 29th 2006, 5:13 am
Just Joined

kallie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thebears
I take between A$7 and A$8 K per week Gross

My wife about 1K per week Gross which is a more realistic "average" wage
What in the world do you do for a living? :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.