Occupation List Query

Old Nov 22nd 2017, 2:54 pm
Banned

rsbhj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Occupation List Query

I have a skills assessment in Telecommunications Technician 342414 which was removed from the lists when this was revised earlier this year.

I have read that in some online articles some tech roles were being reinstated, one being Telecommunications Technician 342414.

However this is not showing on the MTLSSL or STSOL

The lists I believe are being reviewed every 6 months now, so Jan 2018 is the next update.

However does anyone know anything else on these reinstated positions?

Last edited by rsbhj; Nov 22nd 2017 at 3:14 pm.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 12:25 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Occupation List Query

Originally Posted by jhbsr
I have a skills assessment in Telecommunications Technician 342414 which was removed from the lists when this was revised earlier this year.

I have read that in some online articles some tech roles were being reinstated, one being Telecommunications Technician 342414.

However this is not showing on the MTLSSL or STSOL

The lists I believe are being reviewed every 6 months now, so Jan 2018 is the next update.

However does anyone know anything else on these reinstated positions?
Not heard anything about reinstated occupations - and I can't see your occupation on any list - including those used for employer sponsored visas. Had a quick look online but couldn't see an up-to-date report on occupational shortages but who knows what will happen in January - or future dates. All you can do is keep an eye on news of updates - and get on with your life in the meantime.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

I think given the current political climate around migration, there are likely to be occupations removed rather than added. The next big shake up is likely to be March as there are known changes occuring then
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 9:59 am
Just Joined

sillygos is an unknown quantity at this point

On November 17, 2017, the Department of Employment released its Traffic Light Bulletin of occupations that are flagged to undergo possible changes in status in Australia's employer sponsored temporary and permanent visa programs, which would be effective January 1, 2018. Four occupations are flagged for removal from these visa programs and a further five are proposed to be added to the Short-Term Skilled Occupation List. Employers have until December 1, 2017 to make submissions in response to the proposed changes prior to the release of occupation lists.

A closer look

Most of the occupations currently on the Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) and Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) are not expected to change. Those that are flagged for a change are listed below:

STSOL occupations that are flagged for possible complete removal

Accommodation and Hospitality Managers NEC 141999
Hair or Beauty Salon Manager 142114
Recruitment Consultant 223112
Building Associate 312112

STSOL occupations not currently on the lists that are flagged for addition

University Tutor 242112
Psychotherapist 272314
Property Manager 612112
Real Estate Agent 612114
Real Estate Representative 612115
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 10:46 am
Banned

Thanks for the info

Will just have to check the lists when these are due to change to see. My occupation had previously been on the list for years, ah well it is what it is for now
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 2:17 pm

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately there are no guarantees and occupations come and go (usually they go!) often without warning.

Regards,

Richard
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 3:10 pm
Banned

Hopefully it does come back on within the next 18 months, as that's when my skills assessment expires :-(

Can only hope
Old Nov 24th 2017, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

Telecommunications Technician was still on the Employer Nominated Regional RSMS list the last time I checked. However this is expected to be updated in the near future.

You might look at whether you may be able to obtain a skills assessment under another occupation?
Old Nov 24th 2017, 12:14 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by TeeTMI
Telecommunications Technician was still on the Employer Nominated Regional RSMS list the last time I checked. However this is expected to be updated in the near future.

You might look at whether you may be able to obtain a skills assessment under another occupation?
Yeah I seen this still under RSMS but to get a job lined up from Uk then apply for visa I cant see happening but maybe.

I asked if I could get my TRA assessment transferred to Telcoms Linesworker of whatever it was as very closely related but told I'd need to submit a whole new application
Old Dec 1st 2017, 12:28 pm

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

I asked if I could get my TRA assessment transferred to Telcoms Linesworker of whatever it was as very closely related but told I'd need to submit a whole new application

That sounds like TRA. They are very uncompromising.

Regards,

Richard
Old Jan 7th 2018, 11:20 am
Banned

Hey

Anyone know when and if the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) or the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) will be updated.

My understanding was that this would be updated 1st January 2018 and again in June 2018.

I've looked on the official website but version is still June 2017.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 11:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hey

Anyone know when and if the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) or the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) will be updated.

My understanding was that this would be updated 1st January 2018 and again in June 2018.

I've looked on the official website but version is still June 2017.
Could happen at any time.
There are a lot of changes happening in March, so maybe then. Maybe not until the new year on July 1st.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

jon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond repute

when you say alot of changes what do you mean? are there alot of occupations going to get cut without warning? or is there a list that they are revising?
Old Jan 7th 2018, 2:43 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jon111
when you say alot of changes what do you mean? are there alot of occupations going to get cut without warning? or is there a list that they are revising?
There are major changes happening with the 457, for starters. What will happen with the skills lists is anyone's guess. they may change a lot, they may stay the same. They could be changed tomorrow. Its not an exact science!
Old Jan 7th 2018, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

On the following web page - which currently states it was updated 12 Dec 2017
https://www.jobs.gov.au/consultation...cupation-lists

It states "Development of the Traffic Light Bulletin
There were substantial changes to the skilled migration occupation lists in April and July 2017. Therefore, the Government has prioritised continuity and stability.
For this reason, no changes have been proposed for the medium and long-term strategic skills list at this time."

However, I would point out that this is The Department of Employment web site and not the Department of Immigration.

In an email from the Department of Immigration sent to me on 22/ Dec 2017 they stated they were intending to provide information on the skilled occupation lists in early to mid January.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.