Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Obscure Rules in Oz

Obscure Rules in Oz

Old May 13th 2005, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obscure Rules in Oz

Originally Posted by Del Boy
In a car in Qld, they tend to boil.
I certainly assumed that was the case for not leaving dogs in the car. I believe kids usually know how to open the doors and windows if it gets too hot. For that matter half of them probably know how to start it up and drive away on ya!

JTL
Old May 13th 2005, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge
I wasn't amazed. I realised I was in a country where things are just....different....

I suspect it applies to drink...in theory, you are expected to know that you cannot serve people who should not drink any more...etc etc

in other countries, this is taken as a given, (there is probably legislation too)in Australia they choose to legislate and govern it...via courses...

It is not as if the course takes hours or weeks. (as far as I know) it is like the course you do to work in the mines. You still get paid to take the course ....money easily earnt..

Badge

No badge you pay for the course and its for COFFEE.
Old May 13th 2005, 6:08 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I certainly assumed that was the case for not leaving dogs in the car. I believe kids usually know how to open the doors and windows if it gets too hot. For that matter half of them probably know how to start it up and drive away on ya!

JTL
silly me...of course opening the car windows will allow a beuatiful cool breeze to blow through.....not
Old May 13th 2005, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Del Boy
silly me...of course opening the car windows will allow a beuatiful cool breeze to blow through.....not
You don't live Bayside then?

JTL
Old May 13th 2005, 6:17 am
Badge

Originally Posted by jad n rich
No badge you pay for the course and its for COFFEE.
I never said you didn't have to pay for the course and it wasn't for coffee.
I was talking about the spirit of the law not about the specifics, as used mining as an example any how....

rules are a pain
sometimes you have to go along with them ...tough
(there are reasons for them)

in other situations eg mining you are glad there is a mini course ...to do something simple as

i)it does educate you
ii) you might get paid for them anyhow.. I did a days work and got paid 400 bucks, 3 hours in a nice air conditioned classroom

waitress who don't serve alchohol, as you say, have any reason to feel victimised..but I was looking at the big picture...

sometimes you work for people who have rules.. either you like them ...or you go elsewhere....

there is not much you can do about them

I had loads of idiots once in my job telling me how to do things...come to think of it, it was everywhere...

the world over

Badge

Last edited by Badge; May 13th 2005 at 6:28 am.

Old May 13th 2005, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

I never said you didn't have to pay for the course and it wasn't for coffee.
I was talking about the spirit of the law not about the specfics ie.

rules are a pain
sometimes you have to go along with them ...tough
(there are reasons for them)

in other situations eg mining you are glad there is a mini course ...to do something simple as

i)it does educate you
ii) you might get paid for them anyhow.. I did a days work and got paid 400 bucks, 3 hours in a nice air conditioned classroom

waitress who don't serve alchohol, as you say, have any reason to feel victimised..but I was looking at the big picture...

Badge

You lost me when making coffee became comparable to mining, maybe if you froth the coffee too much you blow up
Old May 13th 2005, 6:30 am
Badge

You lost me when making coffee became comparable to mining, maybe if you froth the coffee too much you blow up

yawn..any other expats symbol I can think of..

the message is clear..put up with the rules....try and understand them...

you are a builder ...I am sure you understand...

don't sweat it too much

like I said, the coffee-ONLY serving mob I can understand the whine...

its all relative ...maybe the TAFE fees gives people jobs...creates the economy...like the jobs you create as a builder...I read the other day that most of the economy depends on house improvement or building...

as an ex soldier I understand bullshit. sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Badge

Last edited by Badge; May 13th 2005 at 6:35 am.

Old May 13th 2005, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yawn..any other expats symbol I can think of..

the message is clear..put up with the rules....try and understand them...

you are a builder ...I am sure you understand...

don't sweat it too much

like I said, the coffee-ONLY serving mob I can understand the whine...

Badge

Badge this is a lighthearted thread about funny rules, RELAX

Have a coffee or something, well if you've done the course
Old May 13th 2005, 6:37 am
Badge

Badge this is a lighthearted thread about funny rules, RELAX

Have a coffee or something, well if you've done the course
I know..I'm just saying, there are reasons that's all.

I know you like to have a bit of a stir thats all.

For every rule that is obscure there is another which is based on common sense. I was just trying to point out why rules are in place.

Badge

PS quiet at work this arvo.
There are so many rules we have ground to a halt.
do I care, no. I am still being paid.

Last edited by Badge; May 13th 2005 at 6:40 am.

Old May 13th 2005, 8:29 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrew63
The barking, howling or whining of a dog may be considered to be excessive if it occurs for more than a total of:
• Six (6) minutes in any hour from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. on any day.
• Three (3) minutes in any 30 minute period from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. on any day.

My dog can't tell the time! Should have got a watch dog!

Andrew
might print this out and give it to my neighbour..she has got 2 dogs and they bark all of the time and I mean all of the time...and that usually sets all the other dogs off in the area!
Old May 13th 2005, 8:44 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by spalen
might print this out and give it to my neighbour..she has got 2 dogs and they bark all of the time and I mean all of the time...and that usually sets all the other dogs off in the area!
There is a link to Dog Noise rules, in the Redlands, here: http://www.redland.qld.gov.au/rscweb...rking_Dogs.pdf

Unless the dog owner is prepared to do something, then it is not a simple matter of complaining, there needs to be at least three residences that are prepared to complete complaint forms.

The actual Dog rules in this area don't mention any times etc.

Old May 13th 2005, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spalen
Walking my dog around here is like throwing a match into a box of fireworks. Nearly every house I walk past a dog starts barking, which sets of the dog next door and then the dog across the street and so on and so on..

JTL
Old May 13th 2005, 8:55 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Walking my dog around here is like throwing a match into a box of fireworks. Nearly every house I walk past a dog starts barking, which sets of the dog next door and then the dog across the street and so on and so on..

JTL
Reminds me of when I was a postman!
Old May 13th 2005, 8:56 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

There is a law in Canberra, that states if you drive a company vehicle you must attend a defensive driving course. I had to, you think your a good driver untill you attend one of these courses.
Old May 13th 2005, 9:02 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

JTL
so its your fault..lol...I cant be bothered to complain..may end up going to jail for killing the bloody things tho

spalens wife

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.