Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NZIS announce fees for EOI and lodgement under SMC

NZIS announce fees for EOI and lodgement under SMC

Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Jamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really nice
Default NZIS announce fees for EOI and lodgement under SMC

Hi all

Expression of interest fees are published today, will be on NZIS website soon I expect.

NZIS will only accept EOI payment in NZ$ or US$

Online EOI, NZ$315, US$210 regardless of country of origin.
Manual EOI, NZ$465, US$305 regardless of country of origin.

Apparently it costs them NZ$145 to have someone open an envelope and enter it into their system.

I'd do it for less, but the boredom might get away on me, looking out the window while I typed.....

As for the cost of the SMC residence application, I've only looked for UK prices so far and they are GBP255 if lodged in NZ or Pacific area, or GBP520 if lodged overseas.

I guess this favours people who go to NZ and get the job offer and lodge immediately. Will also suit those people who use eitehr use NZ based or overseas agents that have NZ office.

On the other hand I suspect that it reflects the cost of double handling - overseas lodgement means they ship the application to NZ for logging entry then ship back to home country for processing. (I only think they do that for the SMC, not just for EOI part of it, not totally sure)

Still, at least you know the fees.

Christmas cheers from warm and humid NZ
Old Dec 10th 2003, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

venrichard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fees

I just hope that NZ loosen up a bit on Visitors Visa and Work Permit applications. It appears that invitations to apply for an NZ PR largely depend on Job Offers, and most of the time in order to get a JO one has to be in NZ first.

Last edited by venrichard; Dec 10th 2003 at 1:31 pm.