Reload this Page >

Nurse wanting to move to oz

Nurse wanting to move to oz

Old Mar 1st 2016, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

Sydney11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nurse wanting to move to oz

Hello
I'm interested in moving to oz for few months probably Sydney. I currently work as a nurse in London. I'm going alone. Has anyone done similar, how easy is it?
Old Mar 1st 2016, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nurse wanting to move to oz

Originally Posted by Sydney11
Hello
I'm interested in moving to oz for few months probably Sydney. I currently work as a nurse in London. I'm going alone. Has anyone done similar, how easy is it?
Are you under 30 and do you want to work whilst you are in Australia? If so it would be very easy to get a working holiday visa which. Would probably fit the bill.
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 3:14 am
Just Joined

Hello
Yes I'm 25 and have already been granted a working holiday visa. I work as a nurse but didn't know if it's easier to start other work in oz to begin with. Just wanted to know how easy it is to find somewhere to live etc as I'd be going alone.
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 3:19 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hello
Yes I'm 25 and have already been granted a working holiday visa. I work as a nurse but didn't know if it's easier to start other work in oz to begin with. Just wanted to know how easy it is to find somewhere to live etc as I'd be going alone.
To work as a nurse in Australia you would need to be registered with AHPRA - have you done this?
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 3:21 am
Just Joined

No I haven't yet as thought might be easier when over there and was more worried about where live etc.
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 5:37 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

No I haven't yet as thought might be easier when over there and was more worried about where live etc.
Registration can take months from UK.....and AHPRA will need training transcripts etc.

Is your qualification at degree level?
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 6:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hello
To be honest for a stay of few months, I wouldn't bother with the nursing registration and would just do some bar or shop work or something.

Loads of people arrive on WHVs and find somewhere to live, I am sure you will be no different. If you start out in a youth hostel, you will probably meet like minded people and some of you might get a house together or you will hear of house shares through them.
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 9:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

As Grayling says, AHPRA can take months to deal with an application, they are slow and finicky and it would almost certainly be easier to sort out before leaving the UK while you have easy access to all your paperwork etc, never mond the time factor.
Where to live, especially as a backpacker/WHV is a lot easier than dealing with AHPRA.......
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute

As others have suggested, you should probably consider none nursing work if you are only there for a couple of months.
Once you have all of the documents AHPRA takes a minimum of 8 weeks, but gathering all of the documents is the time consuming part. You need university to send things over to Australia, you need NMC to send things over to Australia, you need the usual proof of who you are as well as references from all your old work places. Sorting this out whilst being in Australia is adding a lot of stress to an already stressful application process.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

E.s2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! I can see you posted this a few months ago, but I am a very similar story. A 25 year old nurse wanting to go to Australia, either to nurse or just have a break. I was wondering have you gone/been/about to go? Any tips?
Ellie