Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NSW school fees half way through year

NSW school fees half way through year

Old May 13th 2008, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

wbbugs will become famous soon enough
Default NSW school fees half way through year

I am looking to be moving to sydney at the beginning on july. I am hoping to have secured a rental property and hope to get the kids starting school on the 21st of july. (start of term 3). I will be going on a 457 work visa and know I have to pay 4.5k school fees.
My questions are A) Can I start the kids half way through the year?
B) Do i have to pay a full years fee or only half?

Any help really appreciated.
Old May 13th 2008, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Previously Sydney, Australia... now Oakville, Canada...love it!
Ginger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to all
Default Re: NSW school fees half way through year

Originally Posted by wbbugs
I am looking to be moving to sydney at the beginning on july. I am hoping to have secured a rental property and hope to get the kids starting school on the 21st of july. (start of term 3). I will be going on a 457 work visa and know I have to pay 4.5k school fees.

Hi, yes you can start your kids in school in Oz any time during the school year, unless you have a child of kindergarten age who hasn't started school in the UK. In this case you would need to wait until next year for the child to begin kindergarten.

Not sure about the fees though, hopefully someone will come along and be able to help.
Old May 13th 2008, 4:48 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wbbugs

Will be pm you , to give you a few points onn this!

michell
Old May 13th 2008, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

The fees run for a year from the date of enrollment rather than an academic year. You will have to pay the whole lot up front before children can be enrolled, but then you won't pay again until a year from that date. My kids started midway through term 4 and it was no problem.
Old May 14th 2008, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

wbbugs will become famous soon enough

Thanks peeps.
Old May 14th 2008, 7:45 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yanH
The fees run for a year from the date of enrollment rather than an academic year. You will have to pay the whole lot up front before children can be enrolled, but then you won't pay again until a year from that date. My kids started midway through term 4 and it was no problem.
Same experience here, Kids started May and July then when we got PR the refund was from the PR validation date to the date I had paid up to.

One issue we did have was that sons school let him start straight away in the May and the primary school for my daughter must have had problems previously and would not let her start until we had confirmation of the fees being paid. Painful as work was making the payment for me and there was a few weeks delay before she was allowed to start school.