Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NSW Electricity Prices Projected to Fall

NSW Electricity Prices Projected to Fall

Old Dec 15th 2013, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

berserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: NSW Electricity Prices Projected to Fall

We have a smart meter which means we use the dishwasher, washing machine when it's off peak.
Old Dec 15th 2013, 7:55 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by berserk
We have a smart meter which means we use the dishwasher, washing machine when it's off peak.
We do too. The dishwasher and washing machine both have delay start so they come on overnight when the prices are lower. Same with the pool filter. It only runs overnight or when there's someone in it.
Old Dec 15th 2013, 5:39 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by berserk
I'm not sure where he get's 50% from, he's obviously exaggerating cause I didn't feel much inflation in the past 4 years!
As I said it is 54%.
Old Dec 15th 2013, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
As I said it is 54%.
Hi Chris,

Could you please let us have a link to where you got your across the board 54% increase figure from ?

The only reference I could find for 54% was in the link I provided earlier and that was referring to a worst case situation in mid rise apartment blocks.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

berserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of light

As I said it is 54%.
Blah blah blah aren't you the Mr Wikipedia. POIDH.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

As I said it is 54%.
Hi Chris,

Don't worry about trying to find a link to your 54% claim, I've found the real figures.

I was unable to get the information regarding electricity price increases from IPART (Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal ). So I phoned Energy Australia direct to check the increases.

According to Energy Australia...

2013...Cost per unit 24.9c

2012...Cost per unit 24.4c

2011...Cost per unit 20.6c

A total 'increase' over three years of about 20% ! A very long way short of your 54% figure. When you take inflation into account, the price rise in real terms has been less than 10% over three years.

When other countries in the world are seeing increases of over 100% in the cost of electricity, I feel that such a small increase in cost in NSW is something we can be rightly proud of.

http://www.castlecover.co.uk/histori...tility-prices/

Energy Australia 13 15 35
Old Dec 16th 2013, 2:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hino
Hi Chris,

Don't worry about trying to find a link to your 54% claim, I've found the real figures.

I was unable to get the information regarding electricity price increases from IPART (Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal ). So I phoned Energy Australia direct to check the increases.

A total 'increase' over three years of about 20% ! A very long way short of your 54% figure. When you take inflation into account, the price rise in real terms has been less than 10% over three years.

When other countries in the world are seeing increases of over 100% in the cost of electricity, I feel that such a small increase in cost in NSW is something we can be rightly proud of.

It's something like that in Vic, with prices nudging 20c then jumping up in recent years.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 2:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
My clothes only shrink because I've grown. Today is set to be 40 degrees out, so I've decided to try hanging the wash out. The sheets were dry within about 30 minutes, so not bad. The towels need the dryer to be soft, though.

If your clothes are shrinking in the dryer then I'd say youre doing something wrong. In the 35 years I've lived away from home I only ever used a tumble dryer until we moved to Australia. And I really only use the clothesline when it's really necessary.
I've never used a dryer but I believe that over the long term people report shrinkage in shirt collars and the like.

I think I'd better get out more, past the clothes line....
Old Dec 16th 2013, 3:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
It's something like that in Vic, with prices nudging 20c then jumping up in recent years.

Current fixed Red Energy, guaranteed for 24 months = 22.6 cents per Kwh, as long as you pay on time in 3058.

http://www.redenergy.com.au/epis/vic/submit.

Mods On these kind of pricing threads shouldn't it be deemed as trolling if people dont back up their figures with hard evidence ?

I realise the mods are sick of these pricing threads, but newcomers and potential migrants probably want to see the real figures.

Basically self modding if that rule is enforced.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Dec 16th 2013 at 3:15 am.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 3:13 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I've never used a dryer but I believe that over the long term people report shrinkage in shirt collars and the like.

I think I'd better get out more, past the clothes line....
Next time you're in WA bring me your laundry. I'll show you how it's done.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Next time you're in WA bring me your laundry. I'll show you how it's done.
Cool!..whilst actual energy prices are now being quoted and we're in the crossfire, I'm going to wind my neck in about shrinking collars in case I'm being a f"""wit ( on the basis the first action is realising you have a problem), others may not..
he he
Old Dec 16th 2013, 4:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hino
Hi Chris,

And just for comparison, we have a 3 year fixed rate deal with Scottish Power for electricity. The current deal expired 2 months ago and we were paying £70 per month by direct debit and the account was in credit slightly at the end of each year of that when they did a meter reading. The new deal just signed up sees our monthly DD go to £127 - an 81.4% increase.

I contacted SP for an explanation and I got the usual blurb about green energy levies, huge wholesale price increases etc since the original deal was signed. I can't find a deal from another company worth changing to.

If anyone thinks big price increases are exclusive to one country they are just plain wrong. I notice the 54% claim wasn't substantiated.

All the big 8 suppliers in the UK have been imposing over or around double digit increases, often more than once a year for a few years now. It's only when Milliband promised a price freeze that Cameron suddenly put some pressure on the major providers and the latest price rises announced have been more moderate.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 5:37 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone would be silly to suggest it was exclusive to one country.
Our fixed deal runs out in March, it will cost us 12% more to fix it for 3 years which I reckon is a bargain.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Our fixed deal runs out in March, it will cost us 12% more to fix it for 3 years which I reckon is a bargain.
Why is it a bargain?
Old Dec 16th 2013, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

But you are silly enough to talk about 50pc figures and enjoy rubbing people's noses in it...

I would fix at 12pc increase potentially for 3 years - it's like an interest rate freeze - take a higher pc knowing you are protected against any more rises...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.