Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NSW Ambulance service

NSW Ambulance service

Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:35 pm
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all
Default Re: NSW Ambulance service

With regards to the RPL application. I sent all my stuff, certificates included, HPC registration etc. in April. I then received an e-mail saying it would be presented in early May and heard back last Friday which was nearly 3 months but they have apparently had a huge interest so maybe they have been processing more than usual?
Old Jul 26th 2008, 8:43 am
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

Take a look at this link. Interesting!!!!!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...24/2313106.htm
Old Jul 26th 2008, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Timandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really nice

hello all
Was a paramedic supervisor, now paramedic in south oz. pay around $73,000 but had to go through a "trainee" period, less pay!! that i didn't get told about!!
sa amb have just run a conversion to ICP course. Have got to sit exams/practicals etc exactlly same as for ozzie counterparts. very academically focused here and that takes a while to get used to. The job is the same the world over, but here we have beds on night shifts and cos i'm working out in the sticks it's very very quiet!! I think that this is a reason why they are so restrictive with their practice.
the conversion course should have had 11 but 8 dropped out. lot here looking at other oz services. any questions or help i can give let me know.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Boweaver will become famous soon enough

Did you spend a bit of time in ASNSW then before moving to SA?
Old Jul 27th 2008, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

Timandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really nice

Originally Posted by Boweaver
Did you spend a bit of time in ASNSW then before moving to SA?
No!! went straight to SA but considering moving across.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Boweaver will become famous soon enough

To be honest Sydney wouldn't have been my first choice by a long shot. Applied for QLD back in '06 but didn't make it through the interview, my fault really as I asked them the nature of the interview to be told it would be an informal chat so no preperation there for anything more (which there was). Checked the SA site but no obvious UK specific based recruitment and just went ahead and started the ASNSW process.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

at the moment sa amb don't really know what to do with us"internationals", however they will be recruiting soon. they have just got a new ceo from the uk and hopefully he will get them to relax the reins a little and we'll be able to practice with a bit of freedom again. i got offered a job in mackay qld but didn't fancy the city
Old Aug 19th 2008, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

ellie10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where is my Visa??
Old Aug 19th 2008, 7:02 pm
Banned

Off to Sydney beginning of Oct for the interview, medicals etc.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 7:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by swigski
Off to Sydney beginning of Oct for the interview, medicals etc.
Thats great, good luck with everything. If you need any advice give me a shout. Do you know where you will be staying when you go over. I hired a campervan, which was a great way to see abit more of Sydney.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 10:42 am
Banned

Thanks Elliie, Luckily we have friends in Sydney, so can stay with them. I will only be staying for 9 days. Just enough to get over the jet lag b4 the aptitude test then a few days to have a reccie of the areas we are looking at, then back home.

When did you have your interview and how long did the job offer take and how long ago did you apply for your visa?
Old Aug 20th 2008, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Elliie, Luckily we have friends in Sydney, so can stay with them. I will only be staying for 9 days. Just enough to get over the jet lag b4 the aptitude test then a few days to have a reccie of the areas we are looking at, then back home.

When did you have your interview and how long did the job offer take and how long ago did you apply for your visa?
I had my interview last November and was told there and then I have the job. Have had numerous emails confirming where I will be stationed and that I am on the October course, but still no official offer or visa,which is very annoying but am trying to be patient.

Thats great if you already know people in Sydney. Have you been to Sydney before?
Old Aug 20th 2008, 9:16 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by ellie10
I had my interview last November and was told there and then I have the job. Have had numerous emails confirming where I will be stationed and that I am on the October course, but still no official offer or visa,which is very annoying but am trying to be patient.

Thats great if you already know people in Sydney. Have you been to Sydney before?
Yes, I was out there for 4 weeks last year staying with the same friends and did all the touristy things you do around Sydney such as Blue Mountains, Hunter Valley, Bridge Climb etc.,etc. Had a fab time and kids absolutely loved it which has made the decision that much easier.
At the end of 4 weeks, I could quite easily have stayed on as I felt really settled which I suppose is a good sign?

Do you have to wait for an official offer in writing before you can apply for a visa?
Old Aug 21st 2008, 7:28 am
Just Joined

Yes, I was out there for 4 weeks last year staying with the same friends and did all the touristy things you do around Sydney such as Blue Mountains, Hunter Valley, Bridge Climb etc.,etc. Had a fab time and kids absolutely loved it which has made the decision that much easier.
At the end of 4 weeks, I could quite easily have stayed on as I felt really settled which I suppose is a good sign?

Do you have to wait for an official offer in writing before you can apply for a visa?

From what I understand thats the case.

Sydney was one of our favourite cities that we visited and having a daughter was a major deciding factor.

Good luck with everything, will be nice to get abit of sunshine to break up the winter.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

teepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to all

hi everyone! im new here so i may be repeating some ideas already but here is my story. invited at ambex 2007 applied july 07, interview sept 07. advised to come for a week. arrived mon, tests tues, medical wed, interview thur and flew home fri. told at interview i was successful. long silence till jan 08 when rpl accepted then visa process started. submitted all papers around april 08 visa granted 9 days later. (permanent resident) bit of a rush to get here cos police checks were about to expire. been here since july. people very freindly even some thugish lookers who you wouldnt like to meet in a dark alley admin staff very helpful. training period is good. think very carefully about your plan when you get here regarding getting settled as training is mon to fri. agencies shut on sundays so you have one day a week to sort medicare, tfn, car, housing etc. a true month of sundays!! (easier if you bring family, i came ahead on my own) expect to go to a busy station for training period and that could be anywhere in nsw, but usually sydney division which is BIG. dont believe what the tourist people tell you cos it does rain here and the sun isnt out every day. i will be happy to help anyone with questions especially over a beer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.