Reload this Page >

NSW Ambulance service

NSW Ambulance service

Old Jul 18th 2008, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

chris rose is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NSW Ambulance service

hi boweaver,
I am due to start on 1st September - do you know when you will be starting?
Old Jul 18th 2008, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Boweaver will become famous soon enough

The most recent offer is also regarding the 1st but I honestly can't see that happening given the Visa application only being submitted last week, apart from the fact they advise you not to make any big moves (handing in notice, sorting your house etc) until you're successful at the visa stage. Well we'll just have to see. Congratulations are you all set to go, you can't have long until you fly out now I assume.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Don't dismiss the visa happening quickly - they were really good and I had it granted within 3 weeks!!! Yes, really looking forward to going now and can't waitto get started. Maybe see you in september?!
Old Jul 18th 2008, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Maybe so...lol do you know anyone else whos been there and done it? I've been thinking I'd better get the books out.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 7:22 pm
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

Had e-mail today telling me that the RPL committee have assessed my clinical level to that of their I.C.P. Yipppeeee!
Sounds like they have had a LOT of interest from all parts of the world.
Now have to get myself over for interview etc. by end of Oct.

Now seems a real possibility after a long frustrating wait for news.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

ellie10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by swigski
Had e-mail today telling me that the RPL committee have assessed my clinical level to that of their I.C.P. Yipppeeee!
Sounds like they have had a LOT of interest from all parts of the world.
Now have to get myself over for interview etc. by end of Oct.

Now seems a real possibility after a long frustrating wait for news.

Thats fantastic, well done. I'm hopefully starting the Oct course.

If you need any advice don't hesitate to contact me.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

Likewise, and congrats aswell of course.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

I will third that! Well done and drop us a line if you have any questions need answering - i will do my best to help.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 9:36 am
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

Thanks guys, In the interview, do they question you on protocols etc or is it mainly finding out about you?

They say you need 5 days. I know there is psychometric testing, health assessment, physical and interview. Is there anything else?

Thanks.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 10:05 am
Just Joined

ellie10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by swigski
Thanks guys, In the interview, do they question you on protocols etc or is it mainly finding out about you?

They say you need 5 days. I know there is psychometric testing, health assessment, physical and interview. Is there anything else?

Thanks.
In my interview they didn't ask any questions regarding protocols, medical knowledge etc.

They did pick three of the questions I had answered in the Psychometric test and asked me to explain why had answered it in that way. The interview was laid back and only two people interviewed me.

They say to allow five days and I did all my bits in three days.

Hope this helps
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Same here no protocols as such, asked me to go over a few calls and what I did etc how I coped with challenges. They then asked me to go through a scenario of a call e.g. "you're enroute to hospital with patient and witness a pedestrian Vs car take it from there..." It was pretty relaxed, 3 on the panel, though ultimately still an interview. I also did the OLD interview in London the year previous and ASNSW was a lot less clinical I guess they assume you ARE doing the job so should know what you're about. They said the interview was more to see if you fit the culture of the firm, I'd be told previous that people had talked themselves out of job offers based on that interview e.g. attitudes to drunks/timewasters. One other thing they seemed pretty strict on was equality i.e. indigenous people I took it to mean. I did mine over the three days Psychometric and IQ type testing, Medical and Fitness, then interview. If you wanted to give yourself the best chance I'd have a look over those old 11+ type papers verbal and numeric resoning type stuff just to get into the swing of things again. Oh and find something 43cm high to step up onto cause on the day you'll think "Sh!t that's pretty high!"
hope that helps, correct or elaborate if anyone feels the need.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Oh and I got the psychometric questions in the interview too, some of that stuff's pretty candid so don't take anything personally and just answer honestly.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 3:09 pm
Banned

Thanks for that info.

Old Jul 24th 2008, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

theotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nice

Well, finally got an email saying they've accepted my application and need copies of all my certs for the RPL process. I should get those sent out tomorrow or Monday at the latest. Then, it's the waiting game again.

Am I right in thinking it'll take about a month before I hear from them again?
Old Jul 24th 2008, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

It wouldn't suprise me, after the RPL stuff they then wanted copies of ALL my HPC certs. TO be honest that part got on my .... a bit wondered why they simply didn't ask for absolutely everything at the time of the interview.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.